Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Morgoth, May 9, 2020.

1. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    I liked how some people made their fun up back then. One I remember fondly was some guy who said if me and some other player went to both Adria and Wirt and talked to them both exactly six times while he talked to Griswold six times then we'd get all the riches in the world because it was a super secret cheat. So given that I still believed in Santa Claus, I went to do this and the other guy I assume may have also been either a child or mentally retarded like a child and did the same. Then we went back to the middle of town and it was full of 5,000 stacks of gold.

Then he said, "wanna see something even cooler?!" and we were like, "YEAH!" as we filled our inventory up like the slot machines broke. He said to take his town portal and when we did to go straight through the red portal as fast as possible. So we waited while he did this, the town portal came up, we went through, he killed us along with help from a retarded amount of succubi and black knights that had been gathered like an evil herd, and we lost all that gold. The other guy left, but I was dumbfounded and asked "was that supposed to happen?" He never replied.

That was my first rape experience.

• Funny x 19
    • Friendly x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. UglyBastard Arcane

UglyBastard
    Regarding Thawing potions and Duriel:

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Duriel

Physical:
    19-25

Cold Aura:
    Cold damage: 2-3
    +Cold damage: +10-15

If you chug thawing potions you can reduce his damage about ~30%, that's pretty huge if you need to gain an edge over him. Of course it doesn't reduce the aura slow.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    that's only one of his attacks, he has Charge that does about 2 times more. that's what people usually die to: combo of charge/stun/slow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    In Diablo 1 leaving the dungeon meant everything got healed up. I don't recall if the same applied to portals, but if it did - imagine Duriel healing up each time you take portal to town in a middle of a boss fight. Personally I never used portal to flee. It was either "do or die" and when I died I just came back, filled to the brim with potions for another go.

I don't quite agree with that. Remasters are good not only for graphics. They also fix issues the modern operating systems cause when you try to run an old game.

^ Top  
  5. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    ^ Top  
  6. 50726f73706572 Arcane Patron Developer

50726f73706572
    That line starting around when Brevik started having a family to worry about. Story old as time.

More importantly he and his wife are absolutely incurably woke.

They deleted many of their past broadcasts for some reason.

But you can find them having a disagreement over whether watching Planet of the Apes should even be allowed because it's just so racist.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • honk honk! x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Corpse popping sounds fun!

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. abija Prophet

abija
    In PoE prices for gear and to even try some encounters are dictated by how strong the top builds are. It's perfectly normal to ask the dev that designed it like that to fix their shit.

^ Top  
  9. Black Arcane

Black
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 4
    • How about this as a button x 2
    • feels good man x 1
    • incline x 1
    • No x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    I didn't play Diablo 2 in multiplayer all that much (and mostly PvE), but I recall having to switch a flag to PvP in order to be able to fight other players. Or am I mistaken?

^ Top  
  11. Kruno Arcane Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

Kruno

• decline decline x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    You'd only be able to declare hostility while in town.

The real shit was in D1 when you could activate it anywhere and you'd never know it until it's too late because you got zero notification. Some spells also had built-in friendly fire so you could always go, "oops, my bad :)" to avoid the inevitable "WTFs."

^ Top  
  13. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Everything FFed in Diablo 1, I don't recall there being a PvP state. If you hit someone with an attack then you hit them and the game didn't care whether it was a player or monster.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    As it should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Mr. Magniloquent Arcane Patron

Mr. Magniloquent
    I think most spells in D1 had friendly fire. A co-op play through ended with my buddy due to it. I was the sorcerer, he was the warrior. Fireball and Lighting absolutely shredded him. In tight spaces like the Catacombs, it was practically unavoidable. It didn't help that once I got a spell book, I duped it to my maximum achievable level and became entirely OP. Even one cast was enough to murder him. Playing with strangers online was always a nervous affair. That dagger in your back could come at any moment. D2 did change the rules to allowing hostility to change only in town, and automatically allowing you to target them. It was only a moment's warning and reprieve though. You needed to be extra aware when a stranger created a TP.

• Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    It was at the lower right of the window where you'd normally see monster names or item drop descriptions. It was two swords that if if they were crossed meant you were PVP enabled.

[​IMG]

Next to the mana globe/angel.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

You refer to Last Epoch?

yes, I will buy it too

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

"OMG, the hardest fight ever..."

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. 4249 I stalk the night Patron

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Random side-note, MrLlama is grade A scum. Feels entitled to compensation for doing a support stream to another D2 streamer whose house burned down. Also monetizes on content made (by a third party) for another streamer.

• Disgusting! Disgusting! x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    He looks good, though, and that's what matters. Or so I'm told. I actually saw some of his Duriel kills and he bugged the encounter in 2 of them (Amazon, Assassin), chugged his entire inventory of healing and mana pots on another 2 (Druid, Sorceress) and used clay golem + Iron Maiden with necro while (I think) TPing out twice. I have to confirm the necro thing, but I vaguely remember him doing that. He isn't doing that in the video posted above, but I think it was at GDQ, I have to check.

^ Top  
  21. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Who the fuck cares.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Olinser Savant

Olinser
    Right on, guy. This problem with trolls and griefers is TOTALLY gonna be solved by a whiny forum post. YOU SLAY KWEEN.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Black Arcane

Black

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Hace El Oso Arcane Patron

Hace El Oso
    Diablo 2(and Diablo) is one of my favorite games. The gothic art style, the atmosphere that embraces straight-faced Christian demonic horror while also being… well, ‘metal’ and ‘goth’ (the soundtrack is a great example of this). It’s a shame, I like some of what the graphical update brings, but the ‘remaster’ character art is absolutely a big downgrade across the board. The gore and blood is also reduced, even in the static environment. Whoever was tasked with the ‘remaster’ is simply out of tune with the spirit of the original, probably a generational loss. I will say that while playing multiplayer in the open beta, I had almost no lag/teleporting and no gameplay issues except the balance seems different.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  25. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Bro, unless you are using one of those rating systems where the highest grade is SSS+ and A is just an average douchebag move once or twice I think you might be a bit too sensitive.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.