Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Corpse popping sounds fun!

abija

Prophet
I could never understand how people would become rabid in a game like Path of Exile where it's 95% PvE and you have goons going about how so-and-so build needs to be nerfed. There's something deeply disturbing about the mental state one must reach to play a game by themselves, look on over at someone else's screen that's playing that game by themselves, see that they're doing better in terms of clearing out a map than you, and cry for nerfs to them. It's pure evil, they should be executed.

In PoE prices for gear and to even try some encounters are dictated by how strong the top builds are. It's perfectly normal to ask the dev that designed it like that to fix their shit.

Black

Arcane
1629769401634.png

Harthwain

Magister
I didn't play Diablo 2 in multiplayer all that much (and mostly PvE), but I recall having to switch a flag to PvP in order to be able to fight other players. Or am I mistaken?

Generic-Giant-Spider

I didn't play Diablo 2 in multiplayer all that much (and mostly PvE), but I recall having to switch a flag to PvP in order to be able to fight other players. Or am I mistaken?

You'd only be able to declare hostility while in town.

The real shit was in D1 when you could activate it anywhere and you'd never know it until it's too late because you got zero notification. Some spells also had built-in friendly fire so you could always go, "oops, my bad :)" to avoid the inevitable "WTFs."

Everything FFed in Diablo 1, I don't recall there being a PvP state. If you hit someone with an attack then you hit them and the game didn't care whether it was a player or monster.

You'd only be able to declare hostility while in town.

The real shit was in D1 when you could activate it anywhere and you'd never know it until it's too late because you got zero notification. Some spells also had built-in friendly fire so you could always go, "oops, my bad :)" to avoid the inevitable "WTFs."

I think most spells in D1 had friendly fire. A co-op play through ended with my buddy due to it. I was the sorcerer, he was the warrior. Fireball and Lighting absolutely shredded him. In tight spaces like the Catacombs, it was practically unavoidable. It didn't help that once I got a spell book, I duped it to my maximum achievable level and became entirely OP. Even one cast was enough to murder him. Playing with strangers online was always a nervous affair. That dagger in your back could come at any moment. D2 did change the rules to allowing hostility to change only in town, and automatically allowing you to target them. It was only a moment's warning and reprieve though. You needed to be extra aware when a stranger created a TP.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Random side-note, MrLlama is grade A scum. Feels entitled to compensation for doing a support stream to another D2 streamer whose house burned down. Also monetizes on content made (by a third party) for another streamer.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
He looks good, though, and that's what matters. Or so I'm told. I actually saw some of his Duriel kills and he bugged the encounter in 2 of them (Amazon, Assassin), chugged his entire inventory of healing and mana pots on another 2 (Druid, Sorceress) and used clay golem + Iron Maiden with necro while (I think) TPing out twice. I have to confirm the necro thing, but I vaguely remember him doing that. He isn't doing that in the video posted above, but I think it was at GDQ, I have to check.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Diablo 2(and Diablo) is one of my favorite games. The gothic art style, the atmosphere that embraces straight-faced Christian demonic horror while also being… well, ‘metal’ and ‘goth’ (the soundtrack is a great example of this). It’s a shame, I like some of what the graphical update brings, but the ‘remaster’ character art is absolutely a big downgrade across the board. The gore and blood is also reduced, even in the static environment. Whoever was tasked with the ‘remaster’ is simply out of tune with the spirit of the original, probably a generational loss. I will say that while playing multiplayer in the open beta, I had almost no lag/teleporting and no gameplay issues except the balance seems different.

Random side-note, MrLlama is grade A scum. Feels entitled to compensation for doing a support stream to another D2 streamer whose house burned down. Also monetizes on content made (by a third party) for another streamer.

Bro, unless you are using one of those rating systems where the highest grade is SSS+ and A is just an average douchebag move once or twice I think you might be a bit too sensitive.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Removing PVP would ruin online competitive play. Honestly, the griefing adds to the thrill and terror. Diablo Lord of Terror... no thrill padding and pussifying it. Meh. Maybe bitches are like..

Generic-Giant-Spider

Weird how they can still deliver some great looking environmentals/mood when they are forced to copy someone else's homework but completely fall apart at all that when left to their own devices. D2R put next to D3 or D4 and it doesn't even look like it's from the same company.

Codex Year of the Donut
Weird how they can still deliver some great looking environmentals/mood when they are forced to copy someone else's homework but completely fall apart at all that when left to their own devices. D2R put next to D3 or D4 and it doesn't even look like it's from the same company.
because it's not, the client itself(+graphics) was developed by Vicarious Visions.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Current society has no problems with blood and gore, humanity is incredibly tolerant to violence. Devs could easily fill entire levels with mountains of bloody corpses (to the point when it becomes boring because violence only works when you do it where it matters). It's a pair of tits they would try and hide even if it's a stone statue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom