Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
I keep getting spam emails from Blizzard relating to this game just because I played the beta for a few hours. Seems they are desperately trying to remind people that this game exists. And I'll be honest, I forget about it until I get the next email.
Isn't the beta close? How are you playing it?

Zlaja

Arcane
Could be a marketing move. Perhaps hype is dying after lukewarm reception of beta and Blizzard is planning to showcase new gimmicks to maintain interest.

It appears that I was right and Blizzard is desperately spamming players to maintain interest.

They don't have to be desperate to spam you. They aren't even that bad compared to fucking Capcom. The latter has been spamming the shit out of my email, ever since I registered an account to play that extra/online mode in Revelations 2.

I keep getting spam emails from Blizzard relating to this game just because I played the beta for a few hours. Seems they are desperately trying to remind people that this game exists. And I'll be honest, I forget about it until I get the next email.
Isn't the beta close? How are you playing it?

They keep sending you emails after the beta has ended, and including stats of said beta.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Even a fucking necromancer....sheeeit

WE WUZ DOCTOR FRANKENSTEIN AND SHEEEEEEEEIT

To be fair it takes a special kind of talent to make watching a 2 minute trailer seem like four hours
Tell me more..

The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster
:-D

View attachment 35522
Baron Frankenstein suddenly had the horrible premonition he would be re-imagined as a fat ugly angry nigglet wombyn

A modern-day reinterpretation..words that assure me it's utter shit of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

It's always refreshing to see a movie's title get straight to the point
...I thought referring to black wombyn as angry was a racist stereotype?

The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster, for example, seems like a relatively straightforward reinterpretation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein..with nigglets.
But, underneath the lengthy title, there's a deeper reflection on the classic story's themes in the modern day...no, there isn't.

In reinventing...that annoying word again Mary Shelley's classic horror story for modern audiences, its themes may be more easily understood in a brand-new context...you've literally just called young people too stupid to understand Frankenstein...and to be honest I agree.

At the very least, we'll get an entertaining..liar, liar, pants on fire monster movie based on a story that's thrilled and chilled for decades..until now.

"Vicaria is a brilliant teenager who believes death is a disease that can be cured..so she's a moron

After the brutal and sudden murder of her brother..muh racism, she embarks on a dangerous journey to bring him back to life...as a nigglet Boris Karloff.

View attachment 35523

Inspired by Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, THE ANGRY BLACK GIRL AND HER MONSTER..don't shout at me you cunt thematically challenges our ideas of life and death..fuck off

Bomani J. Story, the film's writer and director, crafts a thrilling tale..you fucking liar about a family that, despite the terrors of systemic pressure, will survive and be reborn again."..muh racism, muh racism, muh raaaaaaaaaaaacism

We have an interesting interpretation of Dr. Frankenstein in the form of Vicaria...how is a fat ugly nigglet who can't act, an interesting interpretation of Peter Cushing..Baron Von Frankenstein?

The two share similar motivations in that they aim to better humanity by bringing back a nigga criminal.
For Victor Frankenstein, creating the monster felt as though it was an obligation.
There was an ego behind his decision-making, believing that his creation would revere him for granting the gift of life
...muh toxic White patriachy

For Vicaria, she believes that death is a "disease" that can be cured through her own efforts...stop saying death is a disease, it's retarded.

However, her decision to do so stems directly from her brother's death..muh racism.
Instead of doing so purely out of ego..like a White racist, her efforts to revive the dead partially come from a place of sadness and trauma..muh wombynz and empathy and sheeeeeit.

View attachment 35525

Baron Frankenstein had realised it would be more interesting to reanimate a silent woman to do the cooking and cleaning.. and other things.

Bomani J. Story spoke with Entertainment Weekly about his efforts to reimagine the story of Frankenstein badly, specifically stating that "there was so much here to interpret and adapt that hadn't been tapped." ..fuck off, I guarantee you've never read the book.

He would later mention how the creature's perspective of itself will stem from how others view it and how that can be related to modern-day interactions with police officers...hahahahaha..do you cunts ever stop fucking complaining, stop engaging in criminal activities and you won't get arrested and hopefully killed in custody.

It's a unique way of putting a spin on Frankenstein..no it isn't, most adaptations are sympathetic to the creature, so let's hope the film can fully explore these themes in the dark with nigglets.

The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster will be the first domestic feature film from Crypt TV.
The studio, founded by (((Eli Roth))).

Artyoan

Arbiter
Finally started into researching how they are going about D4. Diablo 3 started with the same 'Your class, your way' goal, with a much more experimental attempt, then became the opposite with builds being largely defined by the sets made by the developers. They crashed and burned at the outset with the auction house and extremely slow/weak balance for each skill rune. The multiplier on multiplier underlying damage calculations seemed to be the weak point. Certain builds were several hundred percent better than the way you would have preferred to play 'your way'.

This time they are continuing with the same goal but with little attempt at experimentation. The exact same issue of multiplier on multiplier is still there. What is the logic of this? I'm really not understanding why they continue down this path. The only saving grace seems to be that they will chop down player damage significantly via enemy armor to keep the numbers contained from the absurd but thats just visual. The same horrible balancing seems inevitable. Maybe I'm wrong? What is the counter argument?

Is there any writeup somewhere detailing the logic behind this as opposed to using more absolute numbers as increases?

Sykar

Arcane
Average D3 tard:
2ab7mv.jpg

Late Bloomer

Scholar
From the livestream.

The action/RPG sequel will have four seasons per year. These will feature themed content and tweaks to items and gameplay that diverge from the main campaign. There will be two levels of premium game pass: A USD$10 premium pass and a $25 accelerated pass that rewards you more for less playing. Season one doesn't have a set start date. Word is more details will arrive with the game's launch next month.

Reinhardt

Arcane
From the livestream.

The action/RPG sequel will have four seasons per year. These will feature themed content and tweaks to items and gameplay that diverge from the main campaign. There will be two levels of premium game pass: A USD$10 premium pass and a $25 accelerated pass that rewards you more for less playing. Season one doesn't have a set start date. Word is more details will arrive with the game's launch next month.

or you can pay 0$ and don't play at all!

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Somebody care to explain to me how a season works? I'm not a mmo person. Is it just new challenges and cosmetic shit?

Like any other sports event, you play a new character in that season/league, win something base on your level/accomplishments and shelve that character when the season ends. You'll have to create a new one for each season.
Season can be thematic but for Diablo those themes were really unimaginative. Path of Exile is where the leagues are worth it.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
From the livestream.

People on this very forum are about to be paypiggies for Blizzshart.
In a fair world, those people would eat a ban.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Cool. So it's something I will never take part in. What a stupid thing.
The main purpose is to have a fresh start with new economy.
It also forces you to not use your old gear while trying out new balance changes. It takes longer to complete characters so you get to have fun longer.

Artyoan

Arbiter
If they want to screw people with a pass, seems better not to gate them out at a $70 wall. I'll pick this up on a deep sale just like I did with D2:R.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom