Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Arbiter

Scholar
Wait, Blizzturd wants 100 bucks for this trite shite? :lol:

Very fitting, Blizzard has always been at the forefront of ... not game design, but monetization. It is said that Diablo 1 was supposed to make extra money from floppy-transactions, i.e. sales of individual weapons as expansion floppies in an era when online payments were not possible. Sounds familiar?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii/73963247

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Wasn't it possible to go up to 800x600?
It's not of much use considering D2 sprites.
On a CRT it looked a lot better. Diablo 2 is one of the main games that looks like shit on LCD because of the crushed blacks. Everything up until Hell is darker than Clayton Bigsby

Turns out most games made in the 20th century look way better on a CRT. This applies to Diablo 2 as much as console titles to arcade games. CRTs were killed off way too fast and now I would gladly have at least one CRT to play certain games on.

Sykar

Arcane

abija

Prophet
Probably. It's solid anyway and AAA quality animations are expensive. Perkel on crack as always.

Takamori

Learned

ind33d

Learned
Any word on Hardcore? Diablo gameplay is actually good when you have to worry about losing your character

abija

Prophet
7 mil between game and dlcs over 6 years, with plenty of heavy discounts. And game barely got made using both kickstarter and Steam EA.
They used the sales to deliver plenty of content in DLCs which weren't quick money grabs and supported the game with proper balance patches.

You have to be a real Perkel to complain about the value for the money you get with GD.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So is this better than 3 or what?
Man, Blizzard will need to try really, really hard to beat Tyrael striking Deckard Kain like a precision munition, somehow Deckard Kain survives that then is killed by a random faerie then Tyrael becomes a bald black dude because he is on his teenager rebelious phase.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Wait, Blizzturd wants 100 bucks for this trite shite? :lol:
For full edition. 70 for standard. I think I'll just get Grim Dawn DLCs and reinstall that if I get an itch to play something like this again.

If only GD devs spent some time on combat feel it would be top tier arpg.
Is that even possible in their engine?

They are using the same engine as Titan's Quest which had excellent melee combat, arguably the best ever for a Diablo 2 wannabe.

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw do enemies have proper death animations or just same shitty ragdoll like in d3?

Perkel

Arcane
btw do enemies have proper death animations or just same shitty ragdoll like in d3?

Enemies use both. Meaning that enemy can do death animation and then have part of it as ragdoll or instantly go for ragdoll. Or do death animation mixed with ragdoll. It reminds me of Killzone2 which pioneered this type of thing.

Reinhardt

Arcane
jootube offered me MANY EPIC BUTCHER FIGHT!!1 clicked it, dude just running circles around all dungeon and sometimes pew-pew at poor retarded creature.
at least in d1 it was not for 4+ minutes...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom