Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

ArchAngel

Arcane
What's this rating system? what is the reference to compare with? Absolutely useless.
It's a large excel sheet proving to the brainwashed masses how thorough and professional the youtuber is. So yes complete bullshit and as useless as usual.
You are just butthurt that most prominent D2 youtuber gave D4 the score it deserves (6)

Perkel

Arcane
Pretty fair review.

Scratch that. I watched video. Nah hes fumbling around. Most of his reasoning is "because i don't like it" like case of monster density.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pretty fair review.

Don't get why he says there are no resistances. I mean stuff like +30% fire resist and other resist exist on gear as well as other not really seen in arpgs like % reduced damage from close/distant enemies, resists to stuff like slow or crow control.

Seems like he pushed quick through campaign and didn't play much outside of this speedrun.
From his twitch stream 2 days ago (probably after which he did this review) he had a lvl 79 character so I doubt you can say he didn't play much.
EDIT: ok he was lvl 82 when he did the review, he did it live on his stream from yesterday.

Perkel

Arcane
Pretty fair review.

Don't get why he says there are no resistances. I mean stuff like +30% fire resist and other resist exist on gear as well as other not really seen in arpgs like % reduced damage from close/distant enemies, resists to stuff like slow or crow control.

Seems like he pushed quick through campaign and didn't play much outside of this speedrun.
From his twitch stream 2 days ago (probably after which he did this review) he had a lvl 79 character so I doubt you can say he didn't play much.
EDIT: ok he was lvl 82 when he did the review, he did it live on his stream from yesterday.

I watched video and he didn't actually say resists didn't exist but that they were meaningless. That changes things but still that isn't true. Maybe like I said above he just made top tier build and now he judges everything against his top tier build.

Tigranes

Arcane
MrLlama is like the Gigachad of D2, from what I heard:

He compiled his notes into a table, did my work for me <3

MrLlamas_Review.png

When I was 6 I also used to run my own STRONGEST ARMIES IN HISTORY awards with totally objective and well thought out metrics it was good because I was totally rational and driven by facts only and the numbers proved I was right

ArchAngel

Arcane

That was to be expected. Game looks nice and runs nice and has good graphics and most cinematic experience for aRPG and it is MMO lite. Modern blizzard is very good at making games for casuals. Starcraft 2 was a big standout coming from nuBlizzard while being 2nd hardest RTS (after Sc1).

Artyoan

Prophet
The spreadsheet is pretty useless since adding a category like ‘horsie’ has 33% the weight of ‘itemization’ when it should be more like 1%.

But to be fair he’s not saying this proves anything. It’s just his opinion and the spreadsheet is meant to reflect that.

Mortmal

Arcane
What's this rating system? what is the reference to compare with? Absolutely useless.
It's a large excel sheet proving to the brainwashed masses how thorough and professional the youtuber is. So yes complete bullshit and as useless as usual.
You are just butthurt that most prominent D2 youtuber gave D4 the score it deserves (6)
Butthurt about what ? I dont have shares in activision and could care less if they sink or burn. Most prominent youtuber dont mean shit , i probably could find a dozen people here as knowledgeable or more than this guy. You cannot trust any of those youtubers , either they are paid to shill , if they are notthen they will make the buzz telling how horrible the game to get more clicks and views so they get their money too. You can wipe your ass with their videos and excel spreadsheets.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The spreadsheet is pretty useless since adding a category like ‘horsie’ has 33% the weight of ‘itemization’ when it should be more like 1%.

But to be fair he’s not saying this proves anything. It’s just his opinion and the spreadsheet is meant to reflect that.
I think horsie also represents fast travel while in a nice looking package.
As a person that spent many hours playing Sacred 2 horsie is always a nice addition to these types of open world games.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Butthurt about what ? I dont have shares in activision and could care less if they sink or burn. Most prominent youtuber dont mean shit , i probably could find a dozen people here as knowledgeable or more than this guy. You cannot trust any of those youtubers , either they are paid to shill , if they are not but then they will make the buzz telling how horrible the game to get more clicks and views so they get their money too. You can wipe your ass with their videos and excel spreadsheets.
Well this one is not just a random youtuber but also most well known D2 player that still plays it regularly.
It is like asking a top active basketball player to tell you his opinion about a new basketball like game after he played for a while.
And you still sound buthurt for some reason

Mortmal

Arcane
Butthurt about what ? I dont have shares in activision and could care less if they sink or burn. Most prominent youtuber dont mean shit , i probably could find a dozen people here as knowledgeable or more than this guy. You cannot trust any of those youtubers , either they are paid to shill , if they are not but then they will make the buzz telling how horrible the game to get more clicks and views so they get their money too. You can wipe your ass with their videos and excel spreadsheets.
Well this one is not just a random youtuber but also most well known D2 player that still plays it regularly.
It is like asking a top active basketball player to tell you his opinion about a new basketball like game after he played for a while.
And you still sound buthurt for some reason
Maybe i just hate those scumbags, parasites, of youtubers monetizing everything. If i want game reviews and opinions its better to just read forums still.

Perkel

Arcane

Reinhardt

Arcane
i dunno. i trust him more than you. after all everything you said about beta was lie.

such as ? Last time I checked beta represented full game 1:1.
such as it's many hard and tacticool.

Because it is. Just because dude come up with top tier before even starting game as he sat down for days counting numbers in spreedsheet and had walk in the park doesn't change that.
except i played beta and it was nothing like that. if you say beta 1:1 full game then no wonder i don't believe you about full game being hard and tacticool either.

Perkel

Arcane
except i played beta and it was nothing like that. if you say beta 1:1 full game then no wonder i don't believe you about full game being hard and tacticool either.

Beta had overturned ranged classes. Since time they nerfed them hard at least that is what people say. I played only barb so far. And in both beta and full it is hard. Only now at around lvl 60 got easier as my build came together.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Beta had overturned ranged classes. Since time they nerfed them hard at least that is what people say. I played only barb so far. And in both beta and full it is hard. Only now at around lvl 60 got easier as my build came together.
i've tried spin to win barb in beta too, you know...

Not sure how he can play D2 for twenty years straight and then skip the story for D4. Not disagreeing with his review since I wouldn't know, but still. My mind is the exact opposite of speed runners.

Idk if it's just me but I soured on the genre as a whole after Grim Dawn. It dawned on me that the gameplay loop was just 'button-awesome with cooldowns' carried by paper doll dress up.
sure, but that is why the lore and story parts seem important to me..I can't understand people who play just to do speed runs and skip all the lore and story, seems really fucking bizarre to me. Just play the game once or twice and move on, these fuckers take too much adderral and do the same shit over and over for 20n years straight improving their little toon by .01% each time..its fucking weird as fuck.

The only game in this genre I ever really enjoyed was grim dawn because it spent some time on the atmosphere, story, etc..but I don't really want to play the game over and over and over again trying to get some gear or dress my guy up in spiffy hats and coats..

Goldschmidt

Learned
Let jew Brodick milk the masses. Diablo 4 is typical product for american zombies in jewish matrix.

As far as I remember beta, Diablo 4 graphics were nicish but were not as crisp as Path of Exile, a true pc game. Yes the textures of POE are quite low res these days but the graphics look crisp. Diablo 4 is disguised console game.

Now I just get timed out every login attempt. How is this not a lawsuit? You should be able to sue the fuck out of these cunts. I would like blood
Welcome to the Diablo(tm) Experience(R), please have a good day.

So, blizzard still hasn't learned to build moar pylons for its hyped up game launches.
Looks to be same shit as when Diablo 3 dropped.
its fucking insane they don't offer the game offline, I won't buy the game because of that.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Not sure how he can play D2 for twenty years straight and then skip the story for D4. Not disagreeing with his review since I wouldn't know, but still. My mind is the exact opposite of speed runners.

Idk if it's just me but I soured on the genre as a whole after Grim Dawn. It dawned on me that the gameplay loop was just 'button-awesome with cooldowns' carried by paper doll dress up.
sure, but that is why the lore and story parts seem important to me..I can't understand people who play just to do speed runs and skip all the lore and story, seems really fucking bizarre to me. Just play the game once or twice and move on, these fuckers take too much adderral and do the same shit over and over for 20n years straight improving their little toon by .01% each time..its fucking weird as fuck.

The only game in this genre I ever really enjoyed was grim dawn because it spent some time on the atmosphere, story, etc..but I don't really want to play the game over and over and over again trying to get some gear or dress my guy up in spiffy hats and coats..

He was smart as story is shit and quests are shit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Now I just get timed out every login attempt. How is this not a lawsuit? You should be able to sue the fuck out of these cunts. I would like blood
Welcome to the Diablo(tm) Experience(R), please have a good day.

So, blizzard still hasn't learned to build moar pylons for its hyped up game launches.
Looks to be same shit as when Diablo 3 dropped.
its fucking insane they don't offer the game offline, I won't buy the game because of that.
Where have you been for last 10+ years?! Neither D3 or Sc2 had offline play.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Finally someone who fucking gets it.

Next time I come across a spreadsheet like that, I'll extract only the notes from it, so it won't confuse the "mentally divergent" in this thread.

I wanted to warn everybody about Perkel and his "unique" way of perceiving reality when he plays games, but I didn't want to start a flame war unnecessarily. I hoped there would be more quality posters in here talking about their actual experiences with the game, instead of just him. In the PoE thread he's basically the biggest weirdo, who complains about the most asinine shit and tries to play it like you would play Elden Ring.

If i want game reviews and opinions its better to just read forums still.
Not when it comes to this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom