Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Now I just get timed out every login attempt. How is this not a lawsuit? You should be able to sue the fuck out of these cunts. I would like blood
Welcome to the Diablo(tm) Experience(R), please have a good day.

So, blizzard still hasn't learned to build moar pylons for its hyped up game launches.
Looks to be same shit as when Diablo 3 dropped.
its fucking insane they don't offer the game offline, I won't buy the game because of that.
Where have you been for last 10+ years?! Neither D3 or Sc2 had offline play.
I did not buy those either

I tried the free editions they let you play, Diablo III seemed really bad, I thought maybe the free version was being hamstrung because I did not pay for it..but people said no...it played on rails..just from lookin Diablo IV looks much better and I assume it is.

Perkel

Arcane
I tried the free editions they let you play, Diablo III seemed really bad, I thought maybe the free version was being hamstrung because I did not pay for it..but people said no...it played on rails..just from lookin Diablo IV looks much better and I assume it is.

D3 is really bad. At release it was total shite then they introduced 2.0 patch that pretty much reworked loot and added end game. After that patch it was much better but new issue popped up where sets became so important that overshadowed everything which meant game was still broken in the end just in different way.

ArchAngel

Arcane

D3 is really bad. At release it was total shite then they introduced 2.0 patch that pretty much reworked loot and added end game. After that patch it was much better but new issue popped up where sets became so important that overshadowed everything which meant game was still broken in the end just in different way.
It was still bad. I tried it , I never got to this endgame as base game was still stupid and boring and way too easy.

PapaPetro

NGL, D4 looks like a texture pack for D3 from what I've been seeing.
Any truth to my instincts on this?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's this rating system? what is the reference to compare with? Absolutely useless.
It's a large excel sheet proving to the brainwashed masses how thorough and professional the youtuber is. So yes complete bullshit and as useless as usual.
You are just butthurt that most prominent D2 youtuber gave D4 the score it deserves (6)
Butthurt about what ? I dont have shares in activision and could care less if they sink or burn. Most prominent youtuber dont mean shit , i probably could find a dozen people here as knowledgeable or more than this guy. You cannot trust any of those youtubers , either they are paid to shill , if they are not but then they will make the buzz telling how horrible the game to get more clicks and views so they get their money too. You can wipe your ass with their videos and excel spreadsheets.
Well this one is not just a random youtuber but also most well known D2 player that still plays it regularly.
It is like asking a top active basketball player to tell you his opinion about a new basketball like game after he played for a while.
And you still sound buthurt for some reason
Not sure why you'd figure that people who get "known" for playing video games and spend their time playing video games on the internet are going to be intelligent. Most are about what I'd expect from someone who spends all their time on that.

Then again, I suppose the next tier down from that is fanboying some rando with a Webcam for talking about games on the internet and taking time to quantify an opinion in Excel to make it seem scienmajistick.

If anything, this just proves we should've culled the gene pool decades ago and overhauled the education system.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If anything, this just proves we should've culled the gene pool decades ago and overhauled the education system.
That's rich coming from somebody who got filtered by the PoE Skill Tree :smug:
Weird, what's it like to be so worthless that you feel like a Chinese checkers board full of shit like +1% is a sign of higher intelligence? I'm actually curious.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Absolutely wrong, "smart" loot and such retarded mechanics as toughness and unified "main stat" for every class killed the game on top of ballooning the damage numbers and skill/build variety. Removal of the AH also made the game worse as it was designed with it in mind.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
It's not bloated dogshit like PoE where you're forced into trading if you want viable builds
This is fake news. By definition, all viable league start builds are those which don't rely on rare uniques or difficult to craft rares and there is a substantial portion of the playerbase who enjoy playing without trading at all.
Yes. The mistake people make with PoE is assuming it is as youtube/streamers portray it; well, it doesn't have to be. You can have a ton of fun playing at your own pace fucking around with builds to your heart's content. Will everything be viable for speedrunning to endgame and grinding maximum currency? No. Does this matter at all? No.
PoE is specifically designed to waste hours of your time doing the same content over and over again to prevent you from "fucking around with builds". Don't like your current build? Time to make a new one and replay the same tiresome content you went through again and again.

Saravan

Savant

Absolutely wrong, "smart" loot and such retarded mechanics as toughness and unified "main stat" for every class killed the game on top of ballooning the damage numbers and skill/build variety. Removal of the AH also made the game worse as it was designed with it in mind.
It was just way too streamlined. It’s not like D2 is super complex either but at least there was an attempt to add some depth to the stats. This is what is bothersome with D4, it didn’t even reach that level even though the expectation should be a much more refined version of D2. Of course, unrealistic when the dev team is completely different from Blizz North and a new gen of playerbase that mostly migrated from D3.

Goldschmidt

Learned
I love the level scaling so you are forced to make meaningful choices where to go.
I love there is no trading so your items have value.
I love there is big world bosses because WoW is the best game ever.
I love there are so many high quality cutscenes because gameplay is all that matters in a game.
I love the user interface so you can tell this game was designed for pc.
I love the female druid because feminity should be cherished.
I love the fact you can spend hundreds of dollars ingame because this is a clear sign of game quality.

Diablo 4 >>>> Planescape Torment, Underrail, Fallout and Disco Elysium combined.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane

There are two versions of D3. One is from release you are talking about and one is after 2.0. They are totally different games. 2.0 inherits base stats being garbage but they don't matter as legendary items with powers you can equip overtake completely any stats on gear. This is fun for say 20-30 hours before you start getting your proper set items and there are things on them like +14000% damage which basically anihilates any kind of item and all sets effectively are like people builds. So you don't even build anything yourself, you just collect parts of build developers prepared to play that build.

1.0 of D3 was just garbage all around. Everything was bad about it including AH which sold best gear for nothing in like days.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Diablo 4 players:

brainlet-wojak-brain-mask-thumbnail.jpg

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
- Buy the game two days early and install it on your gay PS5

- Coom all over the game, coom all over your goth sorcerer build, coom all over RPG Codex about it

- Actual release day hits, "I CAN'T LOG IN NOW WHO DO I SUE?FG"

Your IQ is 66.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
OK, so given that I'm not a huge ARPG fan, but quite enjoyed PoE (for the buildfaggery) and Grim Dawn (for the imaginative setting and the buildfaggery), is this any good? I quite like the art design of it (it looks quite PoE-ish, amusingly enough).

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
OK, so given that I'm not a huge ARPG fan, but quite enjoyed PoE (for the buildfaggery) and Grim Dawn (for the imaginative setting and the buildfaggery), is this any good? I quite like the art design of it (it looks quite PoE-ish, amusingly enough).
from what I understand there are a couple of builds per character total so far and only 1-2 really viable builds per character

Gromoer

Educated
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I still think that the D4 announce cinematic is top tier and very Diablo-ish. Don’t have much hopes about the game sadly. Are there any gameplay videos without commentary yet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom