Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Perkel

Arcane
Alk quickly shows how to have 100% uptime on shouts and suggests ways of getting the necessary gear to enable it.

I see something like this myself. Leap and Kick are pretty much like 90% reusable after 1-2 seconds and I have already a way to make them 100% reusable without cooldown. This goes pretty much to every skill as there are many ways to remove or shorten cooldowns usually as some sort of combo mechanic.

In my case kick resets leap cooldown completely and you have 2 kicks with like 5-6 second cooldown. So you can have 3 leaps at start of fight with 2 kicks in between, and recently i found legendary with minus to seconds of cooldown on leap if you hit enemy so with few enemies at once you have effectively 0 cooldown. In my case leap is more important because with each leap i get 40 fury which is enough for about 2 hammer of ancients hits.

The only issue right now with my build is that once i clear pack and I am left with 1-2 elites i run out of kicks or leaps and have to bash my way around which works well but doesn't feel smooth. With new unique i mentioned i will be able to sustain leaps much better.

Overall I am not too hot on whole cooldowns as a feature of system, I would rather prefer resource cost (just high enough not to spam it) but with such mechanics as mentioned above it cooldown sort of becomes resource to manage not that different from fury or mana and there is pathway to completely remove them at some sort of cost.

--------

I also found unique chest (unique items in D4 have properties that can't be transferred over like legendary aspects) chest that removes around 1 second per enemy hit on ultimate skills. Ultimate skills usually have around 60 second cooldown which further can be modified to lessen it but with this unique pretty much i can sustain ultimates on big battles.

ropetight

Savant
Blizzard launches and communism.
Every time same story - naive optimists think this time will be different.
"This time it will work."
Stop giving them the money for anti-consumer tactics, you are basically paying them to have worse experience than people with pirated versions.

spectre

Arcane
Now I just get timed out every login attempt. How is this not a lawsuit? You should be able to sue the fuck out of these cunts. I would like blood
Welcome to the Diablo(tm) Experience(R), please have a good day.

So, blizzard still hasn't learned to build moar pylons for its hyped up game launches.
Looks to be same shit as when Diablo 3 dropped.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Now I just get timed out every login attempt. How is this not a lawsuit? You should be able to sue the fuck out of these cunts. I would like blood
Sue the retard that keeps selling you alcohol.

Perkel

Arcane
I was able to gain a few more levels and do a main quest before everything went to shit. Could have been worse I guess.

Yeah, decided to stop playing for today and just play some D2R classic instead. After I will reach D4 high end game i plan to restart with new class but hardcore.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
CompetentParallelColt-size_restricted.gif

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
So, blizzard still hasn't learned to build moar pylons for its hyped up game launches.
Could also be just a marketing strategy to make the game look more popular.

Or their internal research found out that the ability to login on launch doesn't affect the spending behavior of players, so they are min-maxing the server costs instead.

Or it's simply too difficult to solve on a technical level for Blizzard, because all the competent people left.

Perkel

Arcane
Could also be just a marketing strategy to make the game look more popular.
Or their internal research found out that the ability to login on launch doesn't affect the spending behavior of players, so they are min-maxing the server costs instead.
Or it's simply too difficult to solve on a technical level for Blizzard, because all the competent people left.

Or having serve millions of people trying to log in at the same time is very hard problem that is not easily solved by simply stacking more servers.

POE has been releasing expansion every quarter and despite 10 years of experience there are still queues and servers being unstable sometimes for days every quarter for new league. You would think they would figure it by now considering they are doing it every quarter...

From what I read about this subject it is actually not server capacity issue but networking issues that are simply not seen until you actually have few millions of people connecting at the same time. And before someone says "they can test that !" simulating traffic, they do it already but you can't predict everything until you release stuff and people start using it.

Which is why much like D2 games should come with offline single player.

But like someone said it already. People don't really care that much about issues if they want something really bad.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
POE has been releasing expansion every quarter and despite 10 years of experience there are still queues and servers being unstable sometimes for days every quarter for new league. You would think they would figure it by now considering they are doing it every quarter...
They did figure it out. We haven't had a bad launch in years. The Queue IS the solution. Even if you get placed very late in the queue, the most you have to wait is 15 minutes on launch. You daft nigger!

Speaking of niggers: Chaos Orb at home edition

1686037169916066.jpg

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
It's not bloated dogshit like PoE where you're forced into trading if you want viable builds
This is fake news. By definition, all viable league start builds are those which don't rely on rare uniques or difficult to craft rares and there is a substantial portion of the playerbase who enjoy playing without trading at all.
Yes. The mistake people make with PoE is assuming it is as youtube/streamers portray it; well, it doesn't have to be. You can have a ton of fun playing at your own pace fucking around with builds to your heart's content. Will everything be viable for speedrunning to endgame and grinding maximum currency? No. Does this matter at all? No.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It's not bloated dogshit like PoE where you're forced into trading if you want viable builds
This is fake news. By definition, all viable league start builds are those which don't rely on rare uniques or difficult to craft rares and there is a substantial portion of the playerbase who enjoy playing without trading at all.
Yes. The mistake people make with PoE is assuming it is as youtube/streamers portray it; well, it doesn't have to be. You can have a ton of fun playing at your own pace fucking around with builds to your heart's content. Will everything be viable for speedrunning to endgame and grinding maximum currency? No. Does this matter at all? No.
I did have fun doing that for first 2 years after game went Open Beta. But after a while you want to see this end game that lot of other people are playing.

Mortmal

Arcane
Blizzard is AWARE of the problem, ok? All of you worthless nerds just chill out while they inconveniently fix their game that they charge $100 for. You WILL stfu.
So if i am spending 70 euros right now will i have the priviledge to be in the same queue too ?
Is it even that popular with millions hammering the servers? I logged in battlenet and see none of my contacts playing it. On My usual discord servers barely anyone playing it, same people who started with the premium edition few days earlier.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Blizzard is AWARE of the problem, ok? All of you worthless nerds just chill out while they inconveniently fix their game that they charge $100 for. You WILL stfu.
So if i am spending 70 euros right now will i have the priviledge to be in the same queue too ?
Is it even that popular with millions hammering the servers? I logged in battlenet and see none of my contacts playing it. On My usual discord servers barely anyone playing it, same people who started with the premium edition few days earlier.
1686055030217.png

Seems extremely popular at the moment.

Mortmal

Arcane
What's this rating system? what is the reference to compare with? Absolutely useless.
It's a large excel sheet proving to the brainwashed masses how thorough and professional the youtuber is. So yes complete bullshit and as useless as usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom