Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished the campaign on Tier 2.

It's the first Diablo game for me. I was curious to play one of these cause I've kickstared Grim Dawn long time ago.

Needless to say, I think it's shit and satanic.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just finished the campaign on Tier 2.

It's the first Diablo game for me. I was curious to play one of these cause I've kickstared Grim Dawn long time ago.

Needless to say, I think it's shit and satanic.
Why did you waste 100$ on shit?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Classic didn't have elemental immunities so it was not harder.

brilliant conclussion

Why are elemental immunities the ONLY parameter of difficulty? :lol: dont be dumb sykar

it was much harder to find good gear, builds were less cookie cutter, mercenaries werent persistent, it was very hard to stack resists

Chaos Sanctuary was literally HELL in classic

It was VERY hard to do without other people, it took FOREVER, and you basically must move constantly (you cannot spam skills or you die)

DeepOcean

Arcane
Its been a LONG ago since I played Diablo II, I cant claim I have perfect memory of it but I remember playing on Hell on LoD 1.10 and while the immunities were an extra mechanic that I liked, I never felt they added this super tough layer of difficulty unless you really overfocused on a single damage type. I actually got disappointed because everyone at the time were hyping it up as a balls crushing difficulty and ended being okay. Yes, you cant play like a moron and just charge on the middle of static charge elite mobs but it wasnt soul crushing like I hoped it would be.

it changed. there was a time when last difficulty was interesting and challenging, then it got changed into "you either have one of the top sets ALREADY and are level 90+ ALREADY or you get minced by the first random minor boss you meet".

Gee, Blizzard fucked up the servers at launch yet again. Shocking. These cheap fucks are always too cheap to buy enough servers, so peole gotta wait for hours in queues at launch. Disgusting.

Also, the basic skills for Barbarian suck ass. If you want to use a 2-handed sword, Lunge is the best skill (Flay a DoT being the only other one). So who the fuck came up with a lunge as a base skill? The lunging animation for a 2h sword over and over is retarded as fuck. It's a 2-handed sword, not a fucking epee. Imagine Conan yelling "En Guarde!"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gee, Blizzard fucked up the servers at launch yet again. Shocking. These cheap fucks are always too cheap to buy enough servers, so peole gotta wait for hours in queues at launch. Disgusting.

Also, the basic skills for Barbarian suck ass. If you want to use a 2-handed sword, Lunge is the best skill (Flay a DoT being the only other one). So who the fuck came up with a lunge as a base skill? The lunging animation for a 2h sword over and over is retarded as fuck. It's a 2-handed sword, not a fucking epee. Imagine Conan yelling "En Guarde!"
That's what I thought during the beta as well. It looks fucking retarded, you pretty much have to use polearms only for it to be okay. Imo just use anything else for your basic and then wait to get stuff like leap for mobility. At least, that's what I figured before release anyway.

I don't know shit about the game yet, but I don't think you have options for a basic skill (if you are using a 2h sword). There are 4 basic skills which you need to use to build up fury to use other skills. One of them is for dual wielding weapons, one for bludgeoning weapons. So that leaves 2 you can use for 2h sword, Lunge, or Flay. But flay is a DoT, so you can't really spam it to build up Fury.

Also, Lunge animation for a 2handed hammer is just a regular overhead attack (with a closer). So it's only 2h swords that are fucked.

Ivan

Arcane
Idk if it's just me but I soured on the genre as a whole after Grim Dawn. It dawned on me that the gameplay loop was just 'button-awesome with cooldowns' carried by paper doll dress up.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Alk quickly shows how to have 100% uptime on shouts and suggests ways of getting the necessary gear to enable it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Its been a LONG ago since I played Diablo II, I cant claim I have perfect memory of it but I remember playing on Hell on LoD 1.10 and while the immunities were an extra mechanic that I liked, I never felt they added this super tough layer of difficulty unless you really overfocused on a single damage type. I actually got disappointed because everyone at the time were hyping it up as a balls crushing difficulty and ended being okay. Yes, you cant play like a moron and just charge on the middle of static charge elite mobs but it wasnt soul crushing like I hoped it would be.
I depends on your build. Characters focusing into physical damage or magic damage are least effected.
Fire, cold, lightning and poison are those screwed.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's not bloated dogshit like PoE where you're forced into trading if you want viable builds
This is fake news. By definition, all viable league start builds are those which don't rely on rare uniques or difficult to craft rares and there is a substantial portion of the playerbase who enjoy playing without trading at all.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Alk quickly shows how to have 100% uptime on shouts and suggests ways of getting the necessary gear to enable it.

I just can't get over the fact every toon in this game is a fatso. That model is fucking atrocious, all though it's not as bad as the Druid i guess.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't know shit about the game yet, but I don't think you have options for a basic skill (if you are using a 2h sword). There are 4 basic skills which you need to use to build up fury to use other skills. One of them is for dual wielding weapons, one for bludgeoning weapons. So that leaves 2 you can use for 2h sword, Lunge, or Flay. But flay is a DoT, so you can't really spam it to build up Fury.

Also, Lunge animation for a 2handed hammer is just a regular overhead attack (with a closer). So it's only 2h swords that are fucked.

Bleed in D4 stacks up. It is not like in POE where bleed is just last biggest bleed dot.

Classic didn't have elemental immunities so it was not harder.

Just the fact that runewords didn't exist in classic D2 made game much harder. Mercs were not being able to use gear and were not permanent, synergies didn't exist so you had to split point between different skills instead of chaining them into one synergy. Yeah release D2 was harder and much more fun than LOD version.

You can even try it yourself. D2R has classic mode but it requires one mod to remove synergies as well because that was feature of one of patches after release but before LOD so it is still contained in "classic"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom