Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Goldschmidt

Learned
Comparing Path of Exile to Diablo 4 is like comparing and expert read such as Newton's Principia to a kids book 'I love my grandma'.

Complexity vs mass appeal.

PoE is all about quantity over quality, in all aspects

its fake complexity
I won't diverge this topic BUT

The POE item system is the most interesting and complex item system of any ARPG and I even dare to say is better than most classical rpgs as well.

SYNERGY between item system, skill gem system, skill tree, crafting system and economic system is unparalleled.

But sure it has 'fake complexity'. Whatever makes you cope.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I'm just glad the art direction is not a crime against humanity, like in D3.

Still not going to play it with that popamole scaling.

It is just not aRPG that will keep you occupied for 300+ hours.
It's certainly trying to be an ARPG but I'm not sure I'd classify it as one. It's like calling Assassin's Creed Valhalla an RPG because it has gear, skill trees, character levels, and quests. It's all surface level nonsense. Both series are homogenized AAA garbage made to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Blizzard ripped the resource generator/spender system from Diablo 3 and called it day. LMAO This is literally Diablo 3 2.0 and people are saying "it's a return to form" for the series and that it "has more in common with Diablo 2" because it's dark and gritty. What a bunch of fucking mongoloids.

Mortmal

Arcane
Well, I'm just glad the art direction is not a crime against humanity, like in D3.

Still not going to play it with that popamole scaling.
Art direction is a lot better than D3 or even grim dawn. Only real fault is the absurd pricing , else its the exact same shit as usual, no reasons to be disapointed. Leveling doesn't matter as much as item collection, progression is strictly build dependant. As for players retention rate, probably low. Once you are over with leveling and figure your build sucks , respec cost a fortune and you dont have the right legendaries either, people will simply quit.

abija

Prophet
Respecs are cheap. There's a lot of 100% wrong stuff repeated around here from people that clearly didn't even check the game on twitch/yt.

Mortmal

Arcane
Respecs are cheap. There's a lot of 100% wrong stuff repeated around here from people that clearly didn't even check the game on twitch/yt.
At the begining yes, but i am not over yet and see the price drastically rising already.

Arbiter

Scholar
Once you are over with leveling and figure your build sucks , respec cost a fortune and you dont have the right legendaries either, people will simply quit.

How things have changed. Diablo 2 (before Ressurected) did not have respecs and people played it for 2 decades.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Once you are over with leveling and figure your build sucks , respec cost a fortune and you dont have the right legendaries either, people will simply quit.

How things have changed. Diablo 2 (before Ressurected) did not have respecs and people played it for 2 decades.
Respecs existed way before Resurrected. 3 respecs for most of those 20 years.

Perkel

Arcane
Strongly disagree with itemisation. I just don’t see it. What is decent about it? It’s arguably the weakest part of the game.

Early on itemization is very weak. Later on affixes get wide enough to start to matter and change how builds work. Then there are legendary powers which is cool mechanic that effectively work as support gem from POE.

It is not superb system but good enough and the higher your level the more options you get to modify your build.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
So far, the shop has a total upwards of 350 dollars available for you to spend money on. They charged for the game and charge for appearance items. They are a multi-billion dollar company. Here is a list. Also, remember that the shop rotates. So that means you need to buy the items right now, or it might be months or even years before you see the item again!

Ill-Gotten Gains “Death Toll” accessories set (Barbarian) – 1,000 Platinum coins
The Lion’s Share “The Lion of Arreat” accessories set (Barbarian) – 800 Platinum coins
The Lion of Arreat prestige equipment cosmetics set (Barbarian) – 2,200 Platinum coins
Totem of Ursus armor cosmetics set (Barbarian) – 1,400 Platinum coins
Thorns of Penitence prestige equipment cosmetics set (Druid) – 2,200 Platinum coins
Watcher in the Wilds armor cosmetics set (Druid) – 1,700 Platinum coins
Heir to the Sea prestige equipment cosmetics set (Druid) – 2,600 Platinum coins
Atonement Measures “Thorns of Penitence” accessories set (Druid) – 800 Platinum coins
Triune Apostate prestige equipment cosmetics set (Necromancer) – 2,500 Platinum coins
Duality Manifest “Triune Apostate” accessories set (Necromancer) – 800 Platinum coins
Viscera Maven armor cosmetics set (Necromancer) – 1,800 Platinum coins
Wraith Lord prestige equipment cosmetic set (Necromancer) – 2,800 Platinum coins
Death Throes “Wraith Lord” accessories set (Necromancer) – 800 Platinum coins
Death in Hawezar armor cosmetics set (Necromancer) – 1,400 Platinum coins
Desert Datura armor cosmetics set (Necromancer) – 1,500 Platinum coins
Weights and Measures “Blood for Money” accessories set (Rogue) – 800 Platinum coins
Blood for Money prestige equipment cosmetics set (Rogue) – 2,000 Platinum coins)
Tools of the Hunt “Raised By Wolves” accessories set (Rogue) – 1,000 Platinum coins)
Blight Warden armor cosmetics set (Rogue) – 1,300 Platinum coins
Dressed to Kill armor cosmetics set (Rogue) – 1,300 Platinum coins
Raised by Wolves prestige equipment cosmetics set (Rogue) – 2,500 Platinum coins
The Host of Chaos prestige equipment cosmetics set (Sorcerer) – 2,400 Platinum coins
Elder Symbology “The Host of Chaos” accessories set (Sorcerer) – 1,000 Platinum coins
Sorceric Binding “Fractured Magic” accessories set (Sorcerer) – 800 Platinum coins
Magic of the Sands armor cosmetics set (Sorcerer) – 1,200 Platinum coins
Fractured Magic prestige equipment cosmetics set (Sorcerer – 2,500 Platinum coins
Thaumaturge armor cosmetics set (Sorcerer) – 1,800 Platinum coins
The Weight of Gold prestige mount and mount armor – 1,600 Platinum coins
Three-Fold Nightmare prestige mount and mount armor – 1,500 Platinum coins
Death’s Burden mount armor – 800 Platinum coins
Brackish Fetch mount armor – 800 Platinum coins

diablo-iv-20230606173241-1686134031042.png

Have fun shopping!

They have activated maximum FOMO with Diablo 4. KFC exclusive items, horse cosmetics through Twitch streamers, overpriced shop items that will rotate, battle passes. For a Diablo game...

Much like Blizzard, Diablo is now a soulless husk of a franchise. Hell of a run.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm just sort-of-watching all cinematics in one video right now. I don't really have the time to play this. Never been a big Diablo guy anyway.
I expected this to look much better than D3, it's a very low bar. But this is... actually solid? Nice dark mood.

:greatjob:

Are we finally completely free from the shadow of WoW aesthetic?

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Beta this beta that. You did not play the finished game.

All good points. I too have a job and contribute to society so I can't be like the average codexer who spends 1000s of hours playing a game and pooping into a bucket. D4 was designed for respectable citizens of society.

Do not lie, you spend all day drinking and doing nothing (like playing D4 where progression is pointless so you might as well be doing nothing).

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane

megan-fox1-740x387.jpg

It's worse. Lilith Fox and her sons. But the Blizzard soyjacks don't mind that.

Styles her sons as girls and then calls it 'gender neutral'. Also, according to her own words, she has "general dislike and distrust" of men. Gee, if only someone could connect the dots here.

don't remember any problems with clearing strongholds in beta. there was 3 in first loc, right? vampires, village with demons and... something as third one.

In the beta legendary items were raining like candy. In the finished game they're far rarer. I don't have a single one yet at Lv.15. This makes a significant difference, especially because of level scaling.

Zlaja

Arcane
FUN UPDATE: the servers are completely fucked atm. An hour ago I got booted out and it literally said I was unable to log back in. Now, I tried again and the que is 55 min.

If you click on "new posts", the game's reddit page is now literally filled with only people comparing their que times (one guy had 386 min). A true modern Diablo experience.

:mixedemotions:

EDIT: A new high score!

RDT-20230609-001427940539520312836261.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom