Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
All the females are flat.

Unless they are druid
That's an Elephant

Perkel

Arcane
Lvl 60 now. Seems like lvl 50 is soft cap as leveling massively slowed down after lvl 50.

On other front base stat affixes expand. There are more of them and they have more impact both old one and new ones. Really weird that they waited with new affixed till end game.

Took part in some kind of Legion event. Unlike Helltide or World Boss this seems to be different thing. It was group event but with special icon and timer for group to ensemble. After which it was very similar to other group events but more expansive. Kind of like few group events at the same time in same group event. Basically you had to find and they slay 3 baddies each which was protected by pylons before you could even damage it and each pylon was summoning constantly new mobs. After you slay those 3 main baddie was summoned to be slayed.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I can't see any reason to pay money for this when POE looks better and is free.
Why are people buying this? Is POE too hard for them? It's not even that complicated.

POE got shit for me in last 4-5 years, doubt POE2 will improve that as it is just POE1 + some small tweaks and new graphics.

Zlaja

Arcane
I can't see any reason to pay money for this when POE looks better and is free

POE doesn't look better and if you intend to play the game seriously it's not totally free. Not that it matters, because most people don't really get into POE based on the price.

I will now try to explain the appeal of D4, after playing it for the last 3 days. And I'm talking about the actual appeal of the finished product and not marketing speak. Basically, the game appeals to people who want a hack & slash which has a setting/game world they can immerse themselves in, akin to playing an Elders Scrolls game, for example. I'm talking about reading all the lore, talking to many non-quest specific NPCs (tons of these in the game) and doing every sidequest. The experience of playing the game is more akin to Divine Divinity and Sacred 1, rather than D2.

If the setting, the lore and the story (all sidequests included) don't interest you, than this game will do nothing for you. While the action and the loot is decent, it's not good enough to elevate the experience on its own.

Skorpion

Educated
I can't see any reason to pay money for this when POE looks better and is free

POE doesn't look better and if you intend to play the game seriously it's not totally free. Not that it matters, because most people don't really get into POE based on the price.

I will now try to explain the appeal of D4, after playing it for the last 3 days. And I'm talking about the actual appeal of the finished product and not marketing speak. Basically, the game appeals to people who want a hack & slash which has a setting/game world they can immerse themselves in, akin to playing an Elders Scrolls game, for example. I'm talking about reading all the lore, talking to many non-quest specific NPCs (tons of these in the game) and doing every sidequest. The experience of playing the game is more akin to Divine Divinity and Sacred 1, rather than D1/D2.

If the setting, the lore and the story (all sidequests included) don't interest you, than this game will do nothing for you. While the action and the loot is decent, it's not good enough to elevate the experience on its own.
Was still deciding if I wanted to pull the trigger on this one for this weekend or not but its been a hell of a week and I just want some mindless clicking despite being a fan of tacticools and in depth rpgs.
Well my weekend is decided, thats exactly why I enjoyed d1 and d2. Never was into the endgame stuff much but leveling a few different classes and experiencing the 'world' was the draw for me.
Thanks new and improved Kruno! If I hate it you shall be judged ;)

Cheers, nice explanation :salute:
Friday is coming up and the temptation looms!
Don't you dare do it or everybody here will make fun of you.
Only weak people fear people making fun of them.
Agreed. Crispy confessed to me on my profile page that he was scared of getting bullied for playing D&D so he never talked about it in his youth. Seems pretty cowardly if you ask me. Oh and I made sure I screencapped it in case he ever tries to delete it. It is my little jewel I shall keep forever.

Anyways this game wont end up like PoE. Blizzard are smart and they already have a strong foundation to build upon. PoE was never good.

King Crispy confided in me via DM that he jerks off to the JCPenney woman's lingerie catalog that come's to his mom's house in the mail, still does to this day, everytime he visits her.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It was a joke crispy relax. Don't fucking get me redirected to rpghq again. I'm about to start playing D4 again and will probably upload more videos. My offer to bro-op still stands. You can afford $70.

Perkel

Arcane

Technically i doubt people playing POE seriously spent less than people on D4. Myself I probably spent like 200$ over the years on stash tabs (and nothing more because fuck micro).

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I chuckle at people who brag about PoE being "free to play". That's like running to your friends and telling them you just ate a piece of dogshit you found on the ground and bragging you didn't have to pay for it.

So far I don't feel cheated for what I paid for D4. This is a game I see myself returning to for years just like I did for the last three.

Turn_BASED

Educated
I chuckle at people who brag about PoE being "free to play". That's like running to your friends and telling them you just ate a piece of dogshit you found on the ground and bragging you didn't have to pay for it.

So far I don't feel cheated for what I paid for D4. This is a game I see myself returning to for years just like I did for the last three.
Liking a game isn’t akin to eating “dogshit." It is just a video game, and you need to fix the hate in your heart that will destroy your life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom