Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Looking how revealing are female clothes in this game and how sex-focuses, even if cringy, is Blizzard marketing for this game, make me wonder, if Blizzard expects a change of social climate. Who knows, maybe we are on the threshold of second sexual revolution in the gaming industry?

Or, again, everything drowns in Twitter bog...

v1c70r14

Educated
Must be the joos!!
Nobody said anything about the jews and you post this. You don't think that's a bit weird? Posters notice people in power are very selectively being faggots and your first thought is jews? Curious.

Anyhow I came to this thread to give Diablo the final rites, apparently the target audience consists of e-simps, Whoopee Goldberg and the drunkest guy on the Codex. There is no way the series will recover now. Before launch and the public KFC beta it looked like it might be interesting, the art direction not looking like WoW or Overwatch and the devs stealing ideas from German Diablo clones from the 00's. Whatever hope existed that it might be a half decent game even if decline is now squashed.

In some regards this should have been predictable. The cancerous parts of D2 were bound to take over in a live service game. You can't have the moody atmospheric descent into hell, corpses of villagers and soldiers strewn about, the burning pits of the abyss becoming unbearable doesn't fit into the content stream meant to get people into playing as a second job, doing events and min-maxing to melt bosses together with friends. There are so many things which made the first game worth experiencing that can't exist within the economic milieu of current year AAA gaming. The player can't be stuck in a tiny backwater village if you want to sell them horse armor. The story and setting must have certain things if you want that ESG funding. There can never be any real catharsis if you want to keep them on the hamsterwheel spending money forever.

Diablo is dead but that's fine, it was always an very overrated series and if you want to have that descent that grips you, is tight, and will offer a satisfying conclusion like Diablo did there is always Bone Totem. It might be a different genre but it still scratches that same spot the best parts of D1 and D2 did. Feeling like you're stumbling into something you shouldn't have instead of giving you the Chinese gold farmer experience.

Artyoan

Prophet

Diablo is dead but that's fine, it was always an very overrated series
Most IP's were never well suited to become a series. Even in the better days of Bliizzard the trend of D1's backwater village to D2's globe-trotting and killing the three brothers was an unsustainable step toward one-upping the previous chapter. D3 just continued the idiocy with combining all the evils. D4 had to take the approach of almost being a soft reboot. The next Diablo game will be a full reboot.

WoW is probably the best example of a game that had nothing left to tell but does anyway because money is still flowing. It would be soulless to have to write anything for that. The writers are probably praying for a full reboot there.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So apparently Whoopi Goldberg is a big Diablo fan

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
D4 had to take the approach of almost being a soft reboot. The next Diablo game will be a full reboot.

Nah, D4 will feature all evils no doubt about that. Mephisto is foreshadowed in story itself, here are 2 full expansion in production right now and they said that they plan to do very frequent updates as true live service game.
Aside from expansions there will be league content which starts in like a half month.

They are aping POE.

ind33d

Learned
apparently blizzard fired its entire support staff, this guy has been trying to refund D4 because it won't run on his machine and he only gets back AI-generated form letters

Machocruz

Arcane
Unhinged 6 min response to five sentences.
But was I wrong?
Don't know why you framed it as real-time vs. the world though. He was talking about D4 being less immersive than D1+2 specifically.

On that note, I have to ask if there are custom death animations in this game? They did a really good job with that in 1 and 2, but from what I've seen of 4, enemies just kind of fall over. Very weak.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Unhinged 6 min response to five sentences.
But was I wrong?
Don't know why you framed it as real-time vs. the world though. He was talking about D4 being less immersive than D1+2 specifically.

On that note, I have to ask if there are custom death animations in this game? They did a really good job with that in 1 and 2, but from what I've seen of 4, enemies just kind of fall over. Very weak.
That was more a response to most of the people here, not just nathir. You'll notice that after I single handedly and effortlessly destroyed RTWP in a quick 6 minute video, exposing it for the sham that it is, nobody had a single defensive thing to say. It was swept under the rug and you know why? Because I was right!

And of course it's less immersive than Diablo 1. Anything short of a From Software game fails to touch that masterpiece. Diablo 1 is a once in a generation type of thing.

Machocruz

Arcane
That was more a response to most of the people here, not just nathir. You'll notice that after I single handedly and effortlessly destroyed RTWP in a quick 6 minute video, exposing it for the sham that it is, nobody had a single defensive thing to say. It was swept under the rug and you know why? Because I was right!

And of course it's less immersive than Diablo 1. Anything short of a From Software game fails to touch that masterpiece. Diablo 1 is a once in a generation type of thing.
RTwP is indeed half-measure faggotry. I enjoyed Icewind Dale and Hordes of the Underdark, that's about it. Thought most people on this forum either loathed it or thought it meh at best.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Day drinking again?
Well it's the weekend so of course. You seem mad. And yes I know for a fact I have the most successful youtube channel here because Edders was my only competitor (and it was argued that my channel got more viewership than his) and ed is now gone so I'm the only e-celeb left.

Anyways I have to run and pick up kitten food. I will boot up D4 when I get back. Currently lvl 35 and I'm starting to think my build is shit. It's taking me longer and longer to clear mobs and bosses keep getting less manageable. Might try ice sorce.

Been playing this for a week or two. Fun game!

I haven't played Diablo 3, but played a lot of Diablo/Diablo 2 back in the day. This game is a lot better looking of course, but mechanically, it's also a lot more interesting.

I am playing a barbarian, started as an arsenal build, switching weapons constantly, using Iron Maelstrom, Whirlwind, Deathblow, Lunging Strike. Fun build, and very mobile, but got a little tired of the switching, and respecced as a pure bleeding 2h sword build. Also very fun!

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Been playing this for a week or two. Fun game!

I haven't played Diablo 3, but played a lot of Diablo/Diablo 2 back in the day. This game is a lot better looking of course, but mechanically, it's also a lot more interesting.

I am playing a barbarian, started as an arsenal build, switching weapons constantly, using Iron Maelstrom, Whirlwind, Deathblow, Lunging Strike. Fun build, and very mobile, but got a little tired of the switching, and respecced as a pure bleeding 2h sword build. Also very fun!
Diablo 3 is kind of like this but much shittier. Uglier game by far and the writing was garbage. D4 is better designed all around. 3 is alot of fun though. I'd recommend checking it out at some point. I'm glad you're having fun porky.

Turn_BASED

Educated
give me a paladin and a discount and I’ll pay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom