Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Lol, just fought this boss named Bramble to get an aspect of standing still

He has some bug, where he converts statues into minions, but they dont convert back if you die, so every time you come, he has twice as many minions. Haha, it got to the point I couldn't move inside his room.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
apparently blizzard fired its entire support staff, this guy has been trying to refund D4 because it won't run on his machine and he only gets back AI-generated form letters
That has been a trend in every industry for some time now.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
apparently blizzard fired its entire support staff, this guy has been trying to refund D4 because it won't run on his machine and he only gets back AI-generated form letters
That has been a trend in every industry for some time now.
How about you stop rating spamming me and swan dive into a wood chipper, cunt.

In case anyone cares, this is what I learned about barb mechanics (online wikis are REALLY bad at presenting info so far, probably cause the game just came out):

Whirlwind seems to be more of an anti crowd skill now. It works wonders against regular mobs, especially large crowds, but seems underwhelming against elites/bosses. Maybe this changes later on with better gear/etc.

Deathblow is another skill like that, great against regular mobs because the cooldown refreshes when it kills them, but against bosses, it's just a high damage ability once every 15 secs.

A bleed build seems to provide better "consistent" burst damage against elites/bosses, though it's more challenging (requires much more positioning, movement, targeting, etc). Bleeds (Flay, Rend) don't stack per se, they just go into a queue one after another. So if you apply 3 rends, they will run for 15 secs (3x5), but still do one Rend damage at a time.

So my bleed build is something like (I am still experimenting): Flay, Rend, Ground Stomp, Puncture, Chains.

Flay and Ground Stomp generate Fury for Rend (and flay adds a bit to Puncture damage, and sometimes generates Vulnerable). Chains apply vulnerable much more consistently, and rend refreshes it. Ultimates don't really fit this build, imo, so I am skipping them.

The general rotation is hit Flay 2-3 times and Ground Stomp to generate enough Fury for at least a couple of Rends. Apply Rends, then Puncture. Use chains before to apply vulnerable and reposition high priority enemies.

The damage comes from puncturing serveral Rends and Flays together into one burst of damage. But also from stacking these:
+ strength
+ high crit chance and damage (passive key skill that applies crit to bleeds, bleeds apply slow + 9% crit chance to slowed enemies, crit gear)
+ damage over time
+ damage to Vulnerable

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
In case anyone cares, this is what I learned about barb mechanics (online wikis are REALLY bad at presenting info so far, probably cause the game just came out):

Whirlwind seems to be more of an anti crowd skill now. It works wonders against regular mobs, especially large crowds, but seems underwhelming against elites/bosses. Maybe this changes later on with better gear/etc.

Deathblow is another skill like that, great against regular mobs because the cooldown refreshes when it kills them, but against bosses, it's just a high damage ability once every 15 secs.

A bleed build seems to provide better "consistent" burst damage against elites/bosses, though it's more challenging (requires much more positioning, movement, targeting, etc). Bleeds (Flay, Rend) don't stack per se, they just go into a queue one after another. So if you apply 3 rends, they will run for 15 secs (3x5), but still do one Rend damage at a time.

So my bleed build is something like (I am still experimenting): Flay, Rend, Ground Stomp, Puncture, Chains.

Flay and Ground Stomp generate Fury for Rend (and flay adds a bit to Puncture damage, and sometimes generates Vulnerable). Chains apply vulnerable much more consistently, and rend refreshes it. Ultimates don't really fit this build, imo, so I am skipping them.

The general rotation is hit Flay 2-3 times and Ground Stomp to generate enough Fury for at least a couple of Rends. Apply Rends, then Puncture. Use chains before to apply vulnerable and reposition high priority enemies.

The damage comes from puncturing serveral Rends and Flays together into one burst of damage. But also from stacking these:
+ strength
+ high crit chance and damage (passive key skill that applies crit to bleeds, bleeds apply slow + 9% crit chance to slowed enemies, crit gear)
+ damage over time
+ damage to Vulnerable
Porky bro-op with me dude

Goldschmidt

Learned
Girls love Diabolo as well for online dressup parties.

Dress-Up-Diablo.png

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Seems D4 is following PoE design, map/dungeon bosses are a joke while white mobs can one shot you:

That is nothing like PoE. Getting one shotted outside of bosses is extremely rare and "white"/normal monster can't ever kill you in one hit, because there is no level scaling. The so called oneshot deaths in PoE (99% of them are not actual one-shots) are rare combinations of an enemy having stacked buffs from map mods + crit-ing you or dying from avoidable game mechanic.

Why am I even replying as none of you know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
After lvl 50 for me game pretty much became dead with my barb. You get insane drop in EXP earned after lvl 50. Spent last 3 days playing on and off and managed to only get to like 60. Sure affixes got better as well as you get new aspects and occasional unique but it feels like treading water. Even sigils are like super grind. You need to get like 5-7 dungeons to lvl sigil to like lvl 3-4 which is basically nothing.

Tried to do some questing and events but still it feels like treading water.

Rolled Sorc and holly shit FX they put onto that class is probably worse than Grim Dawn. Incernate looks soo fuckign bad. Class feels like they took it out of some mobile game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rolled Sorc and holly shit FX they put onto that class is probably worse than Grim Dawn. Incernate looks soo fuckign bad. Class feels like they took it out of some mobile game.

Like Diablo Immortal?

I have no idea, but it'd be funny if they did just recycle their animations and art from DI and upscaled the resolution.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Dress-Up-Diablo.png

Is that... is that vitiligo?
No she’s just coming down from her favorite preworkout

1604616121900.png

It's clearly vitiligo, and the only thing i can think of is that the blue haired retard who came up with that landwhale design also tried to shove in some illness for good measure, like a lesser version of the wheel chair rogue from nu-D&D.

And the very fact those kind of people have ANY imput in the game is reason enough for me not to try it ever.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Dress-Up-Diablo.png

Is that... is that vitiligo?
No she’s just coming down from her favorite preworkout

1604616121900.png

It's clearly vitiligo, and the only thing i can think of is that the blue haired retard who came up with that landwhale design also tried to shove in some illness for good measure, like a lesser version of the wheel chair rogue from nu-D&D.

And the very fact those kind of people have ANY imput in the game is reason enough for me not to try it ever.

The wheel chair is coming soon to the pay store.

abija

Prophet
That is nothing like PoE. Getting one shotted outside of bosses is extremely rare and "white"/normal monster can't ever kill you in one hit, because there is no level scaling. The so called oneshot deaths in PoE (99% of them are not actual one-shots) are rare combinations of an enemy having stacked buffs from map mods + crit-ing you or dying from avoidable game mechanic.

Level scaling had nothing to do with it though. He was in nightmare dungeons vs 114 lvl mobs with "map mods". He also got hit by a very slow projectile that gets extra damage cause you're supposed to avoid it.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Level scaling had nothing to do with it though. He was in nightmare dungeons vs 114 lvl mobs with "map mods". He also got hit by a very slow projectile that gets extra damage cause you're supposed to avoid it.

Didn't mean the regular level scaling, but the scaling from the level difference that is still pure guess if you will get one shot when entering. Map mods don't really matter for damage as worst are what...added damage for something like +15% phys as x element or some shit. D4 has that MMO mechanic where the more level difference you have with the mobs, more damage they do to you with less defense and damage you have.

abija

Prophet
Well you said it doesn't apply to poe, but fighting higher level enemies in PoE comes with similar penalties. The monsters have higher evasion/accuracies and in maps increased damage multipliers on top (while bosses don't).

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Well you said it doesn't apply to poe, but fighting higher level enemies in PoE comes with similar penalties. The monsters have higher evasion/accuracies and in maps increased damage multipliers on top (while bosses don't).

Their stats are static and independent from your level, so it's not the same. In D4 an enemy that is level 100 will have different stats if you are level 90, 91, 92 etc. So even if nightmare dungeons have set level it's still level scaled comparatively to your level. Also don't understand what you mean "bosses don't" ? They defiantly get the map modifiers.

Last edited:

Gamezor

Learned
I thought you guys were exaggerating how fat the Druid was but nope

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom