Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Peachcurl

Arcane
Classic Codex thread, 75% bitching about the game they don't even play.
bu bu but they played the weekend beta. They are paragons of D4 knowledge and the utmost authority when discussing it's quality. Those of us who have been playing it for weeks don't know shit.
"Don't tell me eating shit is disgusting, you haven't even tried it!"

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
There's no misunderstanding. In d3 vanilla campaign you didn't have the zones set to a level like in PoE, you had a linear campaign where monster scaled to your level if you were in that difficulty's range (1-30, 30-50, 50-60? maybe, don't remember exactly).

Not true, unless you provide me with a quote or link. Here is how it worked:

https://archive.org/details/Diablo-III-Signature-Series-Guide/page/n349/mode/2up

Page 351: "Every monster’s HP falls within a specific range, which is randomized. We provide the high and low ends for each creature type" Nowhere it says it's depending on your level (it's not), it's just a random range.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This thread would be alot better if we didn't talk about PoE. That game is insignificant and doesn't belong in any meaningful discussions. I'd like for it to disappear to a place where it can't ever enter my thoughts. Let's just discuss Diablo. This post for example:

I'm enjoying the game but what the fuck is this enemy variety? I think I saw more enemies in the first 3 maps of Diablo 2 than in 30 levels of Diablo 4.

Very good point. It's probably the most lacking of the whole series, when you take into consideration the size of the game. It's alot of recycled enemies from past games with a new coat of paint and they are overused. It also has a Elden Ring thing going on where it reuses the same bosses multiple times.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Those of us who have been playing it for weeks don't know shit.
well... yes? literally everyone who played beta figured you have passive skill slots much faster than you. beta waswhat, 2 days? and for you figuring it took weeks.

ArchAngel

Arcane
bu bu but they played the weekend beta. They are paragons of D4 knowledge and the utmost authority when discussing it's quality. Those of us who have been playing it for weeks don't know shit.
"Don't tell me eating shit is disgusting, you haven't even tried it!"
He is neck deep in shit and he paid 90$ for the pleasure and now he is calling others inside because of buyer's guilt

abija

Prophet
Page 351: "Every monster’s HP falls within a specific range, which is randomized. We provide the high and low ends for each creature type" Nowhere it says it's depending on your level (it's not), it's just a random range.
Could be, I remember it perfectly linear difficulty. I only "backtracked" in hell farming for inferno and didn't experience noticeable difference between acts. Could also be that they changed the game between when they printed the "guides" and release.

This is achieved without dynamic scaling from start which causes tons of issues to itemisation and progression (this part you truly are incapable of understanding)
What progression/ itemization issues?

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
Could be, I remember it perfectly linear difficulty. I only "backtracked" in hell farming for inferno and didn't experience noticeable difference between acts. Could also be that they changed the game between when they printed the "guides" and release.

This is achieved without dynamic scaling from start which causes tons of issues to itemisation and progression (this part you truly are incapable of understanding)
What progression/ itemization issues?
You got Alzheimer's or something? I'm not repeating myself go and read several pages back where this was covered.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Or we played it for 20+ hours during multiple beta weekends and release version is not much different based on many comments and reviews on the net
You played a glorified demo. You don't know your head from your ass and you are regurgitating shit.

5062361a-ad25-42a2-b6b6-bc67b51c1dcb_text.gif

Fuck off back to some faggot PoE thread. Adults are talking.

Saravan

Savant
Or we played it for 20+ hours during multiple beta weekends and release version is not much different based on many comments and reviews on the net
You played a glorified demo. You don't know your head from your ass and you are regurgitating shit.

5062361a-ad25-42a2-b6b6-bc67b51c1dcb_text.gif

Fuck off back to some faggot PoE thread. Adults are talking.
Yes, please record another 6 min video unhinged response to a random forum post like adults do.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yes, please record another 6 min video unhinged response to a random forum post like adults do.
I've been very fair in my D4 critiques. I've shit on it and praised it in equal measure. About the only times I've gotten obnoxious is when the beta fags try to act like they have any valuable input. Like I said they need to stick to talking about their poor man's Diablo knockoffs like PoE and Grim Dawn and all that fraudulent trash some where else.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Should I play Diablo 4, yes or no?
Totally. Join us in celebrating that we're finally being included by playing the druid class.
Furries?

So D4 haters are mostly beta-males?

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
You got Alzheimer's or something? I'm not repeating myself go and read several pages back where this was covered.
Hope not, but you didn't really make any coherent point. It's all ramble around "not like D2 -> bad" sprinkled with tons of hyperbole.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Indeed, let's check the words of the expert authority after his weeks of experience. Certainly it will bring magnificent insights not brought up during the beta periods.

Ya know what? Maybe this game really is a giant piece of shit. I'm starting to constantly feel weaker with each level up. The game is literally getting harder the "stronger" I get. I'm dieing alot now. That's a very big problem.

SDG isnt a learning animal.
What the hell what I supposed to learn? I've literally never seen a game use this kind of "level scaling".

Lmao i'm lvl 42 and just now realized I have two passive enchantment slots I haven't been using the ENTIRE time. Jesus. That sure would have helped.

I'm also still using level 20 equipment and below. Been nerfing the shit out of myself the entire time without knowing it.

Oh wow this changes everything. No wonder why I was getting my shit pushed in. I can actually steamroll mobs now. Cool.

I don't have the patience for these fucking stronghold bosses. They soak up too much damage, the fight can go on for 10-15 minutes. Dieing when you have the faggot almost dead is the most deflating thing ever. Then you go back in and half ass the fight and die quicker because you know you have to suffer through 10-15 more minutes of kiting tedium. Fuck these things. Why are they always scaled 2 levels above you? I hope blizzard goes bankrupt.

EyplYd1WQAcquH9.jpg

abija

Prophet
Not to sound spoiled, but not only is that a rather long video, but also the host is... well, he has a way of not getting to the point. Could you perhaps summarise what your point is?
No idea what's in the video but imagine someone took poe maps and forced them to have 2 distinct quests each you need to complete in order to progress, out of a list of 10 (20 tops) quests.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
In d3 vanilla campaign you didn't have the zones set to a level like in PoE, you had a linear campaign where monster scaled to your level if you were in that difficulty's range (1-30, 30-50, 50-60? maybe, don't remember exactly). Inferno had special scaling of 61 act1, 62 act2, 63 act3+4 with very high differences each lvl.
Not true and that's easy to check because you can still play vanilla version of D3 on PS3 which does not have the level scaling. Every area had it's set level which did not change. The only modifier was the difficulty setting which would bumb the levels up one time per difficulty to all areas across the board. So on Normal, if area had mobs of level 1-5 (and mobs of levels 1-5 would spawn, not all scaled to 5 when you hit 5) then that area on Nightmare would be say, 20-25. None of the mobs scaled dynamically based on your level.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Its a good game. Seems like a genuine try to unfuck D3, like someone mentioned. Not perfect, mind you, but good.
Nope

Not to sound spoiled, but not only is that a rather long video, but also the host is... well, he has a way of not getting to the point. Could you perhaps summarise what your point is?

It is shit. Even worse it is boring casual woke shit.
Good news is that it took them only 10 years to turn D3 from shit into average so just wait 10 years and D4 might also become not shit.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Its a good game. Seems like a genuine try to unfuck D3, like someone mentioned. Not perfect, mind you, but good.
Nope

cant watch atm but did you play it or are you parroting someone elses opinion?

I did, for about 20+ hours. Tried everyone but Rogue.

Well thats a shame really. Played about 30ish hours now, taking it slow with Necro, lvl 49 now.
Tbh im positively suprised. Dunno how it is going to be long term but if i get about 100ish hours out of it il consider it worthwhile

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ok, I'm going to give D4 a shot. I'll let everyone know whether the game is good or shit, and my opinion will be the decisive one to end all further discussions about its quality, forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom