Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
What nationality is this guy? Russian? Polish?

"I have to dash FIFTEEN times to upgrade my fucking veppon then I have to dash FIFTEEN more times to upgrade my gem, that's five meanutts off my life..."

It's a game, you idiot. I find it funny your rig is barely capable of maintaining what looks like 40fps in it, too. You would think making all these videos would afford you a better PC.

Takamori

Learned
Basically 1-65 experience is good. Until World Tier 3 the game has some reasoning in the progress.
World Tier 4 is a waste of time, unless you enjoy doing something that I could classify worst then GRifts.
Its a 1 week experience, fast food content. Not worth the 90 bucks, not worth the 70 bucks either.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What nationality is this guy? Russian? Polish?

"I have to dash FIFTEEN times to upgrade my fucking veppon then I have to dash FIFTEEN more times to upgrade my gem, that's five meanutts off my life..."

It's a game, you idiot. I find it funny your rig is barely capable of maintaining what looks like 40fps in it, too. You would think making all these videos would afford you a better PC.
He is right. From D2 and beyond most shops were close enough to not need more than 10s of travelling.
D4 is a walking/riding simulator
Imagine playing a FPS where you spent 70% time in inventory/shops/skills screens

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
You guys know that it’s perfectly normal to have a guilty pleasure game that you play even though it’s crappy right? It’s not necessary to scramble into dorky debate club mode to try and weasel out a scenario where the desiccated husk of what used to be Blizzard produced something that isn’t the gaming equivalent of plain oatmeal. It’s corporate-produced slop made to keep you sedated enough so that, over time, buying pretty little outfits for your fantasy man maybe doesn’t seem like such a ridiculous idea after all.

Saravan

Savant
You guys know that it’s perfectly normal to have a guilty pleasure game that you play even though it’s crappy right? It’s not necessary to scramble into dorky debate club mode to try and weasel out a scenario where the desiccated husk of what used to be Blizzard produced something that isn’t the gaming equivalent of plain oatmeal. It’s corporate-produced slop made to keep you sedated enough so that, over time, buying pretty little outfits for your fantasy man maybe doesn’t seem like such a ridiculous idea after all.
Nice post retard but this is a forum where we discuss and analyse games. If you have no interest in autistically breaking down the game then post your fat druid outfit on reddit ty.

Tigranes

Arcane
Nice post retard but this is a forum where we discuss and analyse games. If you have no interest in autistically breaking down the game then post your fat druid outfit on reddit ty.
Autistically breaking down game mechanics sounds great, instead half the thread is DOES THIS HAVE BLACK PEOPLE MOMMY OMG and the other half is the one guy who's playing the game but has zero idea how anything in the game works whatsoever

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Classic Codex thread, 75% bitching about the game they don't even play.
bu bu but they played the weekend beta. They are paragons of D4 knowledge and the utmost authority when discussing it's quality. Those of us who have been playing it for weeks don't know shit.

Indeed, let's check the words of the expert authority after his weeks of experience. Certainly it will bring magnificent insights not brought up during the beta periods.

Ya know what? Maybe this game really is a giant piece of shit. I'm starting to constantly feel weaker with each level up. The game is literally getting harder the "stronger" I get. I'm dieing alot now. That's a very big problem.

SDG isnt a learning animal.
What the hell what I supposed to learn? I've literally never seen a game use this kind of "level scaling".

Lmao i'm lvl 42 and just now realized I have two passive enchantment slots I haven't been using the ENTIRE time. Jesus. That sure would have helped.

I'm also still using level 20 equipment and below. Been nerfing the shit out of myself the entire time without knowing it.

Oh wow this changes everything. No wonder why I was getting my shit pushed in. I can actually steamroll mobs now. Cool.

I don't have the patience for these fucking stronghold bosses. They soak up too much damage, the fight can go on for 10-15 minutes. Dieing when you have the faggot almost dead is the most deflating thing ever. Then you go back in and half ass the fight and die quicker because you know you have to suffer through 10-15 more minutes of kiting tedium. Fuck these things. Why are they always scaled 2 levels above you? I hope blizzard goes bankrupt.

View attachment 37585
The majority of my time with the game was spent being intoxicated, from the entire early access period up until I was around level 40 so I missed alot of important details in the game. I've been playing with a clear mind these past few days and have discovered alot of mechanics that I missed during my pickled periods, hence my retarded rants. That was not the game's fault. It was my fault for being a drunken retard.

The game is good (for a Diablo type game).

Unlike Diablo 2, after you complete the campaign, you don't do it over in harder difficulty worlds. You just complete it once, by level 50 or so, and then once you move on to harder difficulty worlds, you do whatever tickles your pickle and try to level up to 99.

At first, I thought this would lack focus, but there is more than enough shit to keep you engaged. You can continue mapping out the world, completing various dungeons, etc, or you start getting sigils that turn regular dungeons into harder versions (with better loot) for one run, so you can run these nightmare dungeons, or you can do quests for whispering tree, which gives you a lot of XP and special loot, or you can join Helltides, which are temporary invasions by extra aggressive mobs in larger numbers, and whatever drops you collect from them you can exchange for high end loot (the drops don't last past the invasion so you gotta spend them), or you can join other players in fighting world bosses, or you can do PvP, and there is probably other crap I don't know about yet.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The PVP is cool af in this game. I just discovered that area last night. While I didn't engage in any combat I sort of glossed over the area and got an understanding of how it works. Very cool idea, sort of like it's own metagame within the game with it's own currency and unlockables. Infinitely better than whatever you want to call that sorry excuse of "pvp" in D3. That was so lame.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This dude still just completely wrecks my shit everytime I come back to him. I got no answers for it.

He's not even a mandatory boss but at this point I feel like I have to beat him because I hate him so much.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok figured out a strategy that might work. I learned that when I activate flame armor it instantly breaks those chains. Only problem is flame armor has a 15 second cool down. I can also cast flamewall on the pillars and it destroys them. This was working better and I got him near 25% life. Still haven't solved the problem with his fucking goons.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Skinwalker so how is the game?
So far, feels like a fairly faithful sequel to D2, fwiw. The always-online aspect is annoying (I get kicked out of the game every time I put the console to sleep, and have to log back in and find myself outside of whatever dungeon I was doing), but aside from that it seems like exactly what you'd expect out of Diablo. Controls are decent, and the settings allowed me to customize everything I wanted to change (including removing the outlines on enemies/interactable objects).

I am only a level 10 Rogue currently, though, so my ppinions may evolve substantially as I keep playing.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
the console
goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Gamezor

Learned
Skinwalker so how is the game?
So far, feels like a fairly faithful sequel to D2, fwiw. The always-online aspect is annoying (I get kicked out of the game every time I put the console to sleep, and have to log back in and find myself outside of whatever dungeon I was doing), but aside from that it seems like exactly what you'd expect out of Diablo. Controls are decent, and the settings allowed me to customize everything I wanted to change (including removing the outlines on enemies/interactable objects).

I am only a level 10 Rogue currently, though, so my ppinions may evolve substantially as I keep playing.
Does the game have any meaningful death penalty to stop you just zerging to victory like d3? While levelling and not just end game.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does the game have any meaningful death penalty to stop you just zerging to victory like d3? While levelling and not just end game.
Your armor loses 10% durability on death and eventually breaks but that's pretty trivial. Repairing is cheap. The game doesn't save the progress of fights though. If you have an elite/boss' health wittled down to nothing and you die, he will have full health when you return to fight him, as it should be.

I think if they had exp loss like in Diablo 2 on Nightmare/Hell, people wouldn't like it. There are times when you die through no fault of your own, like internet rubber-banding, or some bosses can set you up for instant death sometimes (20 minion attacks + 20 heatseeking spells + main attack all hitting together).

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh there is a Soulslike mechanic in the pvp area where you can lose all of your currency if another player kills you. You have to go to a shrine thing and convert it into something else in order to keep it permanently.

Anyways taking another long break from that boss. I can get him down to 25% pretty consistently but once he summons that knight with the giant barrier that blocks all your damage (takes up damn near half the arena) I'm pretty much fucked. I don't have any ideas on how to counter that garbage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom