Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Incline ? More like decline. From what i have seen the lead was the one pushing for proper D4 with combination of D1 theme, D2 systems and D3 combat feel

New guy will be some SJW freak who will do 180 on everything

I do not trust men who are vegans. They are as bad as SJW's.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
That will be a good 80% of the staff. It'll fine, them sucking and fucking each other off since they can't be discriminated against.
Tbh, I don't think the stereotypical SJW with danger hair gets much action, even between each other.

How could they? They'd mellow out too much to smash the patriarchy or whatever they're doing these days.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ah, now I know the name of that hair style
DANGERHAIR

1izt0n.gif

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I believe we live in parrotocrisy and everything is set up for me to fail because I am not a parrot :( :M:M:M+M:M:M:M

Can't handle the bacon

Is Diablo 4 going to be colored like a literal clownworld? Would be a logical next step to the glaring eyesore that was Diablo 3.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Is Diablo 4 going to be colored like a literal clownworld? Would be a logical next step to the glaring eyesore that was Diablo 3.

That completely depends on the hair colour of the next game director.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This is bad. I like the direction of Diablo 4, it looks good and cool, and harkonjs back to D2 for me.

Losing the game director is bad, very bad.

Delayedx and might be shittier... who knows.

kekw

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
What's so interesting about Diablo IV? New graphics? New story?

I think people are hoping it is a course correction for D3, going back to the "roots" of the franchise.

Somehow I doubt it is the potential online multiplayer features and the potential microtransactions, that really put a fire in people's hearts.

Takamori

Learned
D4 art direction is ok in general the art quality of Blizzard is good (Of course that doesn't mean I agree with the direction of some products), but all those blogs and such showed that the devs working there didn't knew what the fuck is an ARPG, when they showed the Skill Tree being a literal tree thats a huge red flag for me, I almost thought it was a joke but that made me sure they have 0 clues on stuff like character planning, build diversity, encounter planning and such summed with the status like Defense and Attack being core.

The impression that I got from all the info they dropped is that they are making actually Lost Ark 2.0 the electric boggaloo, that is an MMO disguised as an ARPG.

Now with then losing the helmsman of their project I have no idea how this will affect the game, but if anything history show that either the project will get cancelled or have a really shitty launch

Perkel

Arcane
What's so interesting about Diablo IV? New graphics? New story?

D1 Theme. D2 Mechanics. D3 combat feel.

I follow most of updates and they were really doing a lot of great work. Some of the stuff was a miss like angelic/democnic item split but community quickly pointed it out how it devides loot in stupid way and they retracted on it.

Rune system would work something like POE support gems.

Actual Skill tree with exclusive skills. Actual stats you can add/remove like in D2 and each stat for each class would play different role.

A lot of talk how going +40 000% on items was bad idea in D3.

Theme of game being inspired by D1 rather than candy D3 or fantasy D2. D1 had gothic horror theme with occultism. D2 beloved act 1 had the same but then it went sideways into fantasy with later acts.

Back to D2 mechanic where sometimes blue items would be better than rare items as blue items would get higher tier rolls than rare items on specific affixes/suffixes.

There is more that that and clearly they were on right track with those changes. D3 guys never even know what they were doing in first place as they were WOW people who were given task to make D3 game which is why D3 got WOW theme and retarded kid comic lore/story.

NAturally all of that doesn't matter now. Leads were thrown out and for 100% some dangerhair will take over.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
D4 is ALOT fucking darker, gothier and just generally more grimdark in tone than D3 and even D2 in places.

Which is great.

It basically looks and feels like what D3 should orignally have been at launch like a true successor to D2

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
D4 is ALOT fucking darker, gothier and just generally more grimdark in tone than D3 and even D2 in places.

Which is great.

It doesnt matter because in their desperation to get the art right they forwent everything else.

And they still somehow managed to make Diablo 4 look like PoE at times, an ugly piece of shit.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Who cares if it's dark, my shit is dark.

"D1 Theme. D2 Mechanics. D3 combat feel."

This sounds like a lot of bullshit straight out of some marketing pamphlet. This "D3 combat feel" is a retard detector, what the fuck it means? The weightless attack animations? The paper thin ragdolls that fly bizarrely to fake actual physics? The rubberbanding mixed with no miss attacks causing you to die to hit that has happened 5 seconds before and out of screen? The fake gaining of "power", you are the most overpowered at lvl 1 , you will never be stronger then what you were at start. They even tried to mask that with inflated legendaries that had "overpowered" effects.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
D3 combat, animations, visual effects, etc. is still virtually unparrallelled only bested by D2..

Combat in POE? give me a fucking break. its D O G shit, dogshit animations, cluttered with shit all over the screen and stiffness overall in the execution.

D3 was bad, but at least the combat felt good and fluent, as any ARPG should. they nailed that to a t.

Mechanics is debateable, at least in looks interesting in D4 compared to the autismfest that is POE

Any ARPG with shitty graphics, artstyle, and shit gameplay/animations etc. is an automatic pass for me.
Poe is a prime example of off-putting animations, combat feel, and general artstyle, and visual clutter that turns alot of ppl off, becuase its full of spergs and autism that love that shit.

You look at that and click on monsters all day long, so u want it to look and feel good, the mechanics and complexity can be added later.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
D4 will have damage ranged a thousand times higher than D3s. Expect 100 zero at least behind a 1. You'll learn new numbers and equations.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Diablo 4 looks like Diablo 3 with a darker, more realistic coat of a paint. Just look at the proportions of the tilesets. I think Reaper of Souls is a good game but I was expecting D4 to be completely different and not just a darker flavor.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
D4 is more like POE so it's a different game than D3.
That's what D4 is essentialy, a POE made by proper developers.
So I expect it to be good.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I didn't have much hope for D4 to begin with, what with all the forced social interactions (seeing other players in-between dungeons, group bosses that spawn in the world map, etc.). D4 has had a very bumpy development cycle and this is the second time it loses its director in such a short amount of time. I'd be surprised if the game ever sees the light of day. I've a feeling that Activision is going to seize Blizzard's IPs soon and cancel most of the games that are stuck in dev hell (D4, Overwatch 2).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom