Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Supported for years to come: lol. Yeah right. By "supported" they mean they'll keep the servers on.

I actually think this part of your take is fabulously optimistic. This is usually modern day speak for GaaS, you'll pay for all sorts of shit on our cash shop on an ongoing basis and we intend to milk you for years to come.

Shadenuat

Arcane
if you spell everything in trailer backwards, you'd get an interesting game.
"no open world. game is pretty linear, but that means there are no fake choices, repetetive content and what you get is actually solid."
"your only choice as player is to survive through or good riddance."
"brings back dread and lonileness and no nonsense of old rogue games without any shitty new modern features"
"you get 3 different sprites to play cause fuck you. the rogue girl with bow is really hot tho.""
"we don't have 150 dungeons in game, we have one/dozen maybe. but we actually put effort into making all of them bloody good"
"there is minimum required of storyfaggotry dialogue or cutscenes and events"
"the only social experience you ll get is goatdemons ramming ur ass when you die"
"PC only. what, don't you have a PC?"
"the game actually has a real ending. we're not interested in wasting your time. also we want to make other new cool games dammit."

Morblot

Aberrant Member
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
if you spell everything in trailer backwards, you'd get an interesting game.
"no open world. game is pretty linear, but that means there are no fake choices, repetetive content and what you get is actually solid."
"your only choice as player is to survive through or good riddance."
"brings back dread and lonileness and no nonsense of old rogue games without any shitty new modern features"
"you get 3 different sprites to play cause fuck you. the rogue girl with bow is really hot tho.""
"we don't have 150 dungeons in game, we have one/dozen maybe. but we actually put effort into making all of them bloody good"
"there is minimum required of storyfaggotry dialogue or cutscenes and events"
"the only social experience you ll get is goatdemons ramming ur ass when you die"
"PC only. what, don't you have a PC?"
"the game actually has a real ending. we're not interested in wasting your time. also we want to make other new cool games dammit."

This makes me want to install Diablo 1. To my great shame I must admit that I never finished it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
"I hate this fucking game and I hate Blizzard, everything they do is pozzed shit. Here, let me post more videos of this shit game that we all know we're going to hate." t. Codex

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About blood magic, we will have the same situation of D3? Where I can siphon blood from freaking skeletons? And the amount of blood siphoned is proportional to the size and sharpness of my axe?

mediocrepoet

Patron
About blood magic, we will have the same situation of D3? Where I can siphon blood from freaking skeletons? And the amount of blood siphoned is proportional to the size and sharpness of my axe?

If you expect anything better than that, I'd say you're being fabulously optimistic. They'll probably find something even dumber to do, tbh.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Sad Loser
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Some people need to check their eyes or actually boot D3 to see how bad the game looks compared to PoE. They are not even close on the same technical level, D3 still has rubberbanding and actual lag ( 2-3 seconds ) 10 years later. Zooming is even faster then PoE and that is impressive by itself, I can blow up Greater Rift Bosses Torment 10 in 3 seconds with a gear that was emailed to me by Blizzard one hour after hitting max level. I don't even need to use any skill, just walking thru mobs and they die. People that have any hope for Diablo 4 are huffing glue.

1440p max settings, no bloom, blur, dof ( bonus with the white mob having 1,2 billion HP ) :
GPlbDZZ.jpg

Lim-Dûl

Educated
Some people need to check their eyes or actually boot D3 to see how bad the game looks compared to PoE. They are not even close on the same technical level, D3 still has rubberbanding and actual lag ( 2-3 seconds ) 10 years later. Zooming is even faster then PoE and that is impressive by itself, I can blow up Greater Rift Bosses Torment 10 in 3 seconds with a gear that was emailed to me by Blizzard one hour after hitting max level. I don't even need to use any skill, just walking thru mobs and they die. People that have any hope for Diablo 4 are huffing glue.

1440p max settings, no bloom, blur, dof ( bonus with the white mob having 1,2 billion HP ) :
GPlbDZZ.jpg
Looks terrible, like zoomed-out WoW. PoE looked closer to D2 in art direction originally, at least.

ADL

Cipher
I don't really care what the characters look like.
I'm more worried about how much worse than D3 they can make this...
Everything about this looks significantly better than Diablo 3. Immortal taking the series in a mmo-y direction has already been demonstrated to be a good thing as that's the only good thing about it and D4 looks like that without the bullshit monetization, better visuals, build potential and the fact that it's being developed for current gen consoles and PC exclusively rather than phones.

First time I've actually been optimistic about a Blizzard game in about twenty years.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Sykar

Arcane
They will release Paladins/Crusaders as DLC one year after release, titled "Wrath of Zakarum" or something similar. And we/you will buy it.
No.

"I hate this fucking game and I hate Blizzard, everything they do is pozzed shit. Here, let me post more videos of this shit game that we all know we're going to hate." t. Codex
Fear and loathing in Las Codex.

Daedalos

Arcane
It's funny how ppl shit on D4 graphics, meanwhile cheering for Path of Exiles banal boring cluttershit fest of a pixel zoomer vomiting all over your screen with dumb shit. Not to mention how utterly terrible the animations and combat flow is.

Yeah okay bro, yeah ok sure. I get that Path of Exile is more "complex" than your average ARPG in terms of builds and shit like that, and that to most autists and spergs is appealing, but dont for a second try to tell me the presentation, combat, animation, UI, graphics, visual queues are better than Diablo 3 or like Lost ark or whatever else.

Now Diablo 4 might be shit because of the story, for being too simplistic for autists, because of a lack of any reasonable end game compared to games like Lost Ark, PoE etc, and because of heavy P2W aspects, but in terms of aesthetics and flow of combat etc., its fucking top notch.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Now Diablo 4 might be shit because of the lack of any reasonable end game like Lost Ark, PoE etc, and because of P2W aspects, but in terms of aesthetics and flow of combat etc., its fucking top notch.

I'm basically just waiting to see what the P2W/monetization scheme on top of purchase is like. Given Blizzard's track record over the last... 10 years or so, I expect the worst.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Just watched that dev "interview". Poor guy looks like they are grinding him hard to polish this turd. Feels like development of D4 started only recently and as a haphazard reaction to the negative reception of D:Immoral. The 2023 release is very ambitious. I doubt it will have anything of substance beyond the campaign. Overall this feels more like a loss leader type of product. Something "real" to prop up the IP, so they can continue milking it with products like D:Immoral.

They talk about end-game activities and how they want people to have a lot of choice, but then they go and name only the two obvious ones which is pvp(lmao) and dungeons. "and many more" they say, but fail to name even a single original one.
They also mention how each dungeon will have different objectives. I suspect it's going to be 5 distinct in total. 1 good one, 2 meh ones and 2 which everybody is going to hate. I still remember doing old Forsaken Master missions in PoE. Those were dark times.
Then they talk about how game is a love letter to all of the diablo, but fail to mention one of the core principles of D1 which is the sense of danger and horror (which they eliminate with level scaling) and one of the core principles of D2 which is the feeling that you'll always find something useful out there in terms of loot (which they are also undermining with their mod transfer system).
They also talk about player choice a lot. They use it like a buzzword of course. To these guys setting your resolution is a player choice.

Overall, I feel like this game is going to sell like hot cakes at launch. People don#t want new, they want the familiar. D4 is all that. It's a game for normies who can't into PoE and have jobs/family and are overloaded by the world and just want to play something that takes them by the hand and guides them through a 30 hour campaign in the span of 6 months.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
. I get that Path of Exile is more "complex" than your average ARPG in terms of builds and shit like tha

No, PoE is not that complicated. It is just the unique mainstream diablo clone that doesn't threat its playerbase as complete retards.

presentation, combat, animation, UI, graphics,

Disagreed. D3 armor and Lost Ark armor doesn't even look like proper armor. Looks more like something from Carnival in Hell de Janeiro than a proper armor.

Combat in D3 is wow style rotation cooldown spam.

Perkel

Arcane
Speaking of classes. They are going hard for D2 crowd:

D2: Barbarian, Amazon, Sorceress, Paladin, Necro - EXPANSION: Druid, Assasin
D4: Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcreress, Druid, Necro - EXPANSION: Paladin??, ?

Just watched that dev "interview". Poor guy looks like they are grinding him hard to polish this turd. Feels like development of D4 started only recently and as a haphazard reaction to the negative reception of D:Immoral. The 2023 release is very ambitious. I doubt it will have anything of substance beyond the campaign. Overall this feels more like a loss leader type of product. Something "real" to prop up the IP, so they can continue milking it with products like D:Immoral.
This reminds me of copium people sniffed when POE was in beta and how D3 will be that much better just you wait. This time situation is reversed.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Sad Loser
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's funny how ppl shit on D4 graphics, meanwhile cheering for Path of Exiles banal boring cluttershit fest of a pixel zoomer vomiting all over your screen with dumb shit. Not to mention how utterly terrible the animations and combat flow is.

Yeah okay bro, yeah ok sure. I get that Path of Exile is more "complex" than your average ARPG in terms of builds and shit like that, and that to most autists and spergs is appealing, but dont for a second try to tell me the presentation, combat, animation, UI, graphics, visual queues are better than Diablo 3 or like Lost ark or whatever else.

How about some examples for your retarded and meaningless marketing platitudes so we know you actually can make a coherent comparison between games. I can give you some examples for every part you claim is superior in D3. Graphics- no dynamic lighting and shadows, no dynamic resolution scale. Animations lock you in place longer and feel very clunky and hard to time skills one after another, like blink or dash- you have to spam them. Ragdolls fly all over the screen comically and every enemy looks and feels like made of paper. UI - can't move while your map is open, can't bind force move to left click, hitboxes of enemies extent beyond their visual model forcing you to attack them when you don't want. Visual queues- red blinking screen when low on health is actual visual cancer. D3 aesthetic and visuals are the pinnacle of banal boring pixel zoomer vomiting on your screen, all you have to do is post screenshot of the game where this supposed better visuals are.

Top Bottom