Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wonder what kind of progression locks there are? Imagine someone rushing ahead and completing all the quests at the next hub while you still dilly-dally at the previous one.
In the Codex interview they said it'd be like D:OS in that there would be plot gating, but no area gating (aside from higher-level creatures).

Sjukob

Arcane
I wonder what kind of progression locks there are? Imagine someone rushing ahead and completing all the quests at the next hub while you still dilly-dally at the previous one.
I don't think that there should be locks since players have unique story and can compete with each other . So if somebody rushes the quests he completes his own story , if it somehow screws things for you than it is a part of the competition .

EDIT:
In the Codex interview they said it'd be like D:OS in that there would be plot gating, but no area gating (aside from higher-level creatures)
Well , I won't say how it must be done . Will see how they handle this .

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
SokOzyi.gif

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
How about a fundraiser is done and we try to be somewhat serious about the content?

Oh, come on, you've been here long enough to know better.

Still, if there's enough interest I'm open to doxxing all of you who donate and taking the money with me to Mexico, living the high-life with Melcar and YOLOing on the beach running a fundraiser for it.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Would definitely pitch in for a Codex fundraiser. Worth it just for the butthurt it causes when people see the logo in the intro.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
That one is voiced too ambiguously though. They could argue that they already filled that request with the Source crafting mechanic.

I agree it was worded ambiguously - I originally wrote it on their Backer Tier Feedback page..
I didn't expect it to get that much traction, I linked to Micro's and the other one in my comments.

Hey, learned a new first name!

:roll:

Divinity: Original Sin
Would definitely pitch in for a Codex fundraiser. Worth it just for the butthurt it causes when people see the logo in the intro.

By now we demand a splash intro, animated just like those publisher vignettes or nvidia logos. Unskippable. Maybe with soundrack and sound effects. To keep consistency, the logo must follow the standard set in the business card logo contest. RPGcodex is now an evil corporation.

Melcar

Arcane

Still, if there's enough interest I'm open to doxxing all of you who donate and taking the money with me to Mexico, living the high-life with Melcar and YOLOing on the beach running a fundraiser for it.

With the money left over you can even open a Mexican Codex. Programmers here work for peanuts.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Can't wait to get my name revealed! :P

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
quest markers fsddsfsdfsfdsf
i dont understand why do people believe that a "feature" which effectively destroys exploration and dumbs down the game while giving nothing in return, is widely considered good.. *essential* even.
and no, an option to turn it on/off doesnt do shit, because quests will be designed with a fucking magical gps system in mind

need help finding the dwemer box? :lol:

Nope never found Caius Cosades and rage quited the game. :incline: Btw backed the game its looks less WoW this time and I like origins in games.

Larian Master race for Life. :flamesaw:

Zeriel

Arcane
By now we demand a splash intro, animated just like those publisher vignettes or nvidia logos. Unskippable. Maybe with soundrack and sound effects. To keep consistency, the logo must follow the standard set in the business card logo contest. RPGcodex is now an evil corporation.

We should make our fundraiser contingent on a large, HD movie version of this when the game boots up:

lN7GO7W.gif

Aenra

Well having an RPGCodex logo again is both a must and glorious (because butthurt). However, instead of memes and NPCs, how about we beg to design one joinable PC?
We get to define his/her/its background, looks, the lot. Just the one, only we get full freedom, ie including dialogues. Which of course we get to decide on after the obligatory compatishun has taken place!

The degeneracy that this place could instill on it would be a wonder to behold, lol.. and there should not be any issue with it (children, language, etc) as you'd need a code to unlock it, right?
Just think of the possibilities ^^
Even if Larian has an issue with swearing, could still be grand without it, all those trademark replies and words used here..just begging for it

he's in your team, you ask him or order him to do something for you, and he replies "Joined: Yesterday.."

DeepOcean

Arcane
Kicktraq says it is trending to 12.959.532, how much Torment was trending on it's first days before things stabilized?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Creator Larian Studios LLC about 1 hour ago
@ Alexei I'm afraid we can't give a commitment on OSX support just yet. Of course we want to see the game on OSX (and Linux, and consoles, and everywhere else we can get it), but we have to build the game before we can start looking at porting it. But, and it’s an important but - we do have most things in place to support several other platforms, since we are starting work from the Divinity:Original Sin - Enhanced Edition engine. So we are very hopeful about where we can make it available, we just don’t want to make any promises yet.

@ Jason Gallagher we're not planning on having Night/Day cycles yet. It would be an awesome feature, but given the number of other awesome features that we want, it's very difficult. Right now we're focusing on things like improving combat, 4 player co-op, and a systemic, reactive world that we hope will blow your chainmail socks off!

:(

@ weresheep: in regards characters in Single Player mode, that's still being discussed. Of course we want to give people as much freedom as possible, but asking you to sit there and make four deep, complicated characters might be a bit much. There's a middle ground in there somewhere and, like many things, it's still under discussion.

But the thing that we want to remind people about in single player is that the companions aren't just henchmen that you pick up along the way. Each and every one of them will be just as deep and complicated a character as the character that you make when you start the game. It's going to be a great experience putting your party together, and we're really looking forward to seeing how people react to it!

@ June: "will D:OS2 be arguably just as rich an experience for single players?"

In regards the single player vs multiplayer experience, we did have this worry when we started making the game. It sounds like the kind of game that HAS to be played with others, because we do keep going on about it, but actually as we got into making the game, we realised that adding all the content that we needed to make multiplayer interesting translates directly into a fantastic single player experience too.

If you're playing on your own, you don't get to stab your friends in the back, but all of the content and freedom that makes the multiplayer experience so believable is still present when you're playing on your own. And you don't have to have arguments like "No, look, I'm in the forest, by the cave. No, IN THE FOREST! Just look at your map!!!" with people if they're not quite on the same level as you. (I think we've all been there once or twice...)

If you liked Divinity: Original Sin, you're going to a single player experience that's so much so, so much deeper than anything we've ever made before. The combat's better, the story's better, the characters are better- everything has been turned up to 11. Plus you'll still have companions that will fight you on some issues, so you don't lose that feeling of "I can't really trust my party." It's a really fun experience, whatever your preferred play style.

Evyatar Amitay about 1 hour ago
Larian are probably way ahead of me on this, but it would be amazing to have Kirill as a bard character in game and have him play some of his music.

@ Evyatar Amitay: we ARE way ahead of you on that ;)

Creator Larian Studios LLC 31 minutes ago
@ Nuubi: Yes, we currently have humans, elves, dwarves, and lizards as playable races. As for additional races... well, we might have something to say about that soon. Watch this space ;)

Creator Larian Studios LLC 23 minutes ago
@ Stabbey: re: healing potions and reverse pick pocketing- That's still an aspect of the game that we're tweaking to make it as fun as possible. People will definitely be able to reverse pick pocket it back into your inventory, and we're definitely hoping that you'll miss it if you're not observant. There probably will be small clues to suggest that something is amiss, but we don't want to make it too easy for players to spot it if they've been slipped a bad potion.

re: Blood Stones- the lore in that regard is somewhat in flux, but we're working on it.

re: Gwynne - How people will deal with characters coming back to life in game has been a really interesting topic of discussion in the office! it's not something that's 100% set in stone yet, but it's an area of the game's lore where we're having a lot of fun.

Btw, they are not Swen. They say Swen is busy preparing stretch goals.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Positive: Dwarves Negative: New dialogue 'system'.

The 'skill crafting' system definitely has potential as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom