Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like that idea :)

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Then all is well, sounds like a potentially great feature

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Has there been any mention will the loot be randomized or will it be hand placed?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Backed of course.
I'm not really sure why they are going the Kickstarter route again though. It can't be because of the money, they should be swimming in it by now...
Cheap marketing with a nice little narrative and that Swen wants to have backer feedback for beta testing again sounds more like it. Larian games are known to be quite buggy on release so that whole Kickstarter backer mentality where everyone can feel like this is their baby is a godsend for them I guess.

The level of environmental interaction and interaction between skills/spells and the coop feature in D:OS were a huge part of the fun, so I'm glad that they plan to expand these features.
Coop players turning into competition/adversaries sounds ambitious since the narrative has to keep flowing simultaneously. It seems very prone to errors.
Does anyone know other games that tried this (except for MMOs obviously - and Rogue-likes or other mechanic-driven games, I want plot-driven ones)?

Btw, why isn't there a Larian subforum yet? :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was my impression from the Kickstarter video that the single player game would support that automatically.
Hmm, I guess that could be. The example they give is two players working at cross purposes with two characters each - I guess that means that the characters are all controllable and portioned out between x number of players. Cool! Hopefully this will be clarified as it's still not crystal clear from what was said.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
When it's just one player it can get pretty schizophrenic though, especially when they finally meet to duke it out. Rock paper scissors for whom you'll control (the AI controls the other one) maybe? :lol:

Oh, did they mention who'll do the music this time? Or do they still have enough of Kirill's stuff lying around.

Last edited:

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
In for the CE again. As always, I decidedly do not want any scribbling on my stuff, and considering the nightmare that them forcing a useless coaster (i.e. a Steam disc) onto me was, two download copies are just as well, I guess. (Don't others dare to follow suit, though!)

That armor concept looks horrible .
The guidelines for the OS2 art style are supposed to be: "more details, greater realism." I look at pictures like that one and I find it very hard to see the realism.
Well, at least it's (a little detail here and there aside) only the wood elves, but seriously, WTF? Those neck-breaking over-designed useless pieces of shit with more holes than material (and those necks, thoooose neeeecks) make my eyes (and, being an elf lubber, heart) bleed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure how I feel about this. The MCA stretch goal is pure silly, though.

If the MCA thing was real I'd support this.

Typical Larian btw - hey we're doing this epic RPG and good writing is a stretch goal. :M

There are no stretch goals yet. The link in the OP is a vote in favor of them adding that stretch goal.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
From my experience, the physical copy/collector's edition comes with two steam keys, in addition to the two digital downloads that Larian will give you via Larian Vault. So all of the high level tiers should actually come with four copies, not just the 'two' that are shown.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Lets see... improvements i want to see?

Better story
More C&C
A better system to keep track of events / time and so on when using the world editor.
More abilities / skills
More hand placed items (they don't all have to be hand placed)
More interesting items, the stats are overall kinda boring.
Better art colors

Anyway can't wait \o/

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Backed of course.
I'm not really sure why they are going the Kickstarter route again though. It can't be because of the money, they should be swimming in it by now...
You can never have enough free money. :)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I wonder what kind of progression locks there are? Imagine someone rushing ahead and completing all the quests at the next hub while you still dilly-dally at the previous one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom