Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Sodafish

Arcane
Very useful for making special arrows too. The only ones you can't craft are fire, water, freezing and smoke arrows iirc.

Loriac

Arcane
I thought any axe works, although I only tried it with a hand axe and a cleaver, both of which work fine.

Thanks for the response. I'll have to do some experimenting when I get home tonight. Maybe it's just Jahan being a lazy anti-demonite.

When you place the ax over the log, you'll see the screen show you will get woodchips. Ignore this, it seems the crafting interface can't show the whole picture when there are two end-products. You get 2 branches as well as the wood chips, and then when you trim the branches you get 3 arrow shafts per branch iirc.

himmy

Arcane
Question about the Summon pet thing. After the patch, all my characters, including henchmen have the power to summon a stag each. Surely this is a bug, right? Even if not very strong, having 4 extra permanent summons is really overpowered, as you can use it to at least be the punching bags of enemies that you pummel from a distance.

Furthermore, turns out you can not use the portals if you do not have all the fucking stags around you (YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH) and they do tend to get stuck randomly in the scenery. Was this point ever addressed in the patch notes? Or, at the very least, how do I unsummon the blasted things, so I can get out of Black Cove?

Edit: And yes, I realize that thinking that having four stags follow you around sounds like a blessing, but turning up to be a curse sounds exactly like the sort of quest Larian would put in their games, but I really like to think they are not as meta as to make this a mechanic.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Question about the Summon pet thing. After the patch, all my characters, including henchmen have the power to summon a stag each. Surely this is a bug, right? Even if not very strong, having 4 extra permanent summons is really overpowered, as you can use it to at least be the punching bags of enemies that you pummel from a distance.

Furthermore, turns out you can not use the portals if you do not have all the fucking stags around you (YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH) and they do tend to get stuck randomly in the scenery. Was this point ever addressed in the patch notes? Or, at the very least, how do I unsummon the blasted things, so I can get out of Black Cove?

Edit: And yes, I realize that thinking that having four stags follow you around sounds like a blessing, but turning up to be a curse sounds exactly like the sort of quest Larian would put in their games, but I really like to think they are not as meta as to make this a mechanic.
I just look at them as a Kickstarter stuff ( I LOLd when I first saw glorious Andyman), but I don't intend to usem them anymore. So I just don't bother.

But fucking yes we have more skillbars now and we can bind keys to changing them. Great job Larian!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
JUST PLAY THE GAME FFS.
No. Not until it's in a more-or-less finished state (and even then when I have time for it in my schedule).

Lots of people on the Codex find games easy. This process happens with every RPG we play, and I guarantee there will be the same process with the late-game of PoE being trivially easy once the systems are figured out. That's just part of RPGs, it doesn't signify bad design.
Reverse difficulty-curve is bad design.

I'm also optimistic about pillars. One can still provide demanding content to a level 12 D&D party and this will have more balance. It'll also have path of the damned and not D:OS's lazy statistical bumps.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
he's found a bunch of good bows so far supposedly.

Not like this 'un he hasn't :smug:

i0DdrJV.jpg
The character stats are good on that but I found one with 22% crit chance.

Sodafish

Arcane
The character stats are good on that but I found one with 22% crit chance.

Yeah me too, +23% I think it was, but no bow you find will have as high base damage, and in the balance that is more important than getting a crit 10% more often with lower damage. As I mentioned before, the % to X effects on found weapons are worthless at higher levels too as they are always resisted.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Can't you just augment an existing bow with a string to increase it's damage? As well as throw on those hearts or muddy whatevers? And, yes, the status effects do tend to ruin the itemization spread on most higher bows. Well, all weapons in general.

Sodafish

Arcane
Yes you can, but once you reach a certain level the base (unboosted) damage from found weapons is very rarely equal/greater than a freshly crafted weapon of the same type, so they always lose damage-wise. Also I never found a bow which gives you +3 speed, which is one of the blue-stats you can get from crafting a bow at high level (another is +1 max AP). I'll take +3 speed over a bit higher crit chance any day.

Another VERY useful item (stupidly OP actually) from crafting I forgot to mention is voodoo dolls. A perfect one will do ~500 piercing damage and costs 0 AP to use :lol:

Ivan

Arcane
Can anyone give me a clue as how to break the purple locks? First one I saw was in the warehouse, second one was at the church. Tried to mix pixie d w/lockpicks but nada. hmm

Sodafish

Arcane
The key or unlock scroll is the only way, and I think there are only 3 unlock scrolls in the entire game.

Ivan

Arcane
Are these found in the environment or purchased, crafted?

Furthermore, how many of these purple locks are there in the game so an not to use them on low lv shit.

Actually, I remember that the lighthouse had one (before fight) so by this logic are other purple locks unlocked by defeating those who guard them?

Sodafish

Arcane
They are found and cant be crafted or made into a skillbook. IIRC there's somewhere between 5-10 purple locks in the game.

Sodafish

Arcane
I think they were intended to be used in one of the Homestead rooms, let me put it that way.

Ivan

Arcane
Funny you should mention that, I've been storing all lv 20 chests in the homestead. Newest addition: Source King Chest. That was going to be THE ONE I opened. Anyway, also curious about 1 more thing. Do we get to see more quests in Cyseal? In other words, can i safely kill a few npcs in cyseal to get loot or does the game open up more quests later on within Cyseal? I've noticed that killing a few npcs doesnt hinder your reputation, so long as noone sees you do it. I'm thinking about murdering the 3 guards by the warehouse.

Sodafish

Arcane
None that I know of, but you will want to revisit the vendors later to sell shit and buy rare crafting items mainly.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You'll eventually stumble on a key for the Source King's chest later. Which is fairly moronic since by the time you do the loot will be worthless.

Ivan

Arcane
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up restarting my game some time ago cuz Hard was kicking my ass. Now that I've learned the game better it's been enjoyable. Hardest fight for me was the Evelyn one due to awkward placing. Braccus was a fun fight, my ice elemental tore shit up there.

Alos, didn't mean to imply I restarted b/c I couldn't handle hard (I'm aware that I can change difficulty) it's just that it was a good learning lesson to begin anew.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It definitely takes some time spent in-game to get a feel for the mechanics; although I just kept going with my default characters. In hindsight the only thing I would have changed is going with a Knight or more traditional warrior preset over cleric. Still, the extra minor healing was helpful early on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom