Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Guys anyone knows how to upgrade robes and staffs? Finally decided to dabble in some crafting after 60 hours.

Thanks, I didn't even know standard enchantment stuffies. :lol: I ended up with too much clutter in ingredients menu and got discouraged by all of it.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
If have found one of those punching daggers, it would be better than snakebite - if you could add a tormented soul to it, but it doesn't work. nothing happens. Why is that? Why can I not add a tormented soul to this weapon? Another weapon I had which couln't be upgraded with a tormented soul was a legendary 2 handed hammer. Is there a limit to the enchantments weapons can have? Both those weapons already had a lot of effects on them. Also, self-crafted daggers seem to be pretty meh, right? Unlike bows.

Lerk

Learned
JUST PLAY THE GAME FFS.
No. Not until it's in a more-or-less finished state (and even then when I have time for it in my schedule).

Lots of people on the Codex find games easy. This process happens with every RPG we play, and I guarantee there will be the same process with the late-game of PoE being trivially easy once the systems are figured out. That's just part of RPGs, it doesn't signify bad design.
Reverse difficulty-curve is bad design.

I'm also optimistic about pillars. One can still provide demanding content to a level 12 D&D party and this will have more balance. It'll also have path of the damned and not D:OS's lazy statistical bumps.
52690817.jpg

canakin

Cipher
There are more than 3 unlock scrolls in the game. I found at least 5 so far. Found 2 in the phantom forest alone.
One is buried near the house of the demon and one is buried near the desk in the office of the alchemist in the temple of the dead. You need PER 14 to find those molds. Brofist this post if you're excited about the 2 additional unlock scrolls you just got
You can craft unlock scrolls anyways. You need blank witchcraft scrolls, although chance of getting one is random it's not harder than any other scroll. The time weaver lady sells 4 - 5 pouches of pixie dust and her inventory resets every level so it shouldn't be too hard getting some even if you don't want to save scum.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
JUST PLAY THE GAME FFS.
No. Not until it's in a more-or-less finished state (and even then when I have time for it in my schedule).
Arguing with casual gamers is pointless. Roguey has never actually played a RPG made before 2007, he just reads the plot summaries from Wikipedia and watches some let's play videos from youtube so he can pretend to be knowledgeable. He outright refuses to play the games he likes to whine about because he knows his casual ass would get destroyed by a game like Wizardry, KOTC, JA2, SMT: Nocturne or Dark Souls (or even Divinity: Original Sin). Any game that's not made by Obisidian/Bioware for Xbox/a pretentious indy platformer like World of goo really. Like I said, people who are openly hostile towards CRPGs (and RPGs in general) should be banned from CRPG forums. There's no reason why this tranny should be allowed to spread his casual propaganda, filth, degeneracy and cancer here.

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Yeah. High level crafted weapons in particular shit all over 99% of stuff you find.
This is disappointing. Why is it that every game has a fucking broken crafting system? Crafted items either suck, or are OP'd. Why the fuck can't they balance this stuff? It isn't rocket science.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Dishonored GOTY deal on steam has now surpassed D:OS. Still, with the amount of positive reviews it received, I'm sure it will continue to bring in good cash.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah. High level crafted weapons in particular shit all over 99% of stuff you find.
This is disappointing. Why is it that every game has a fucking broken crafting system? Crafted items either suck, or are OP'd. Why the fuck can't they balance this stuff? It isn't rocket science.

heh. You mean when you get 5 in blacksmithing and crafting and you put time to collect stuff. So its not "broken". It just reward you for time and skill you put into crafting. If crafting wouldn't be better than self found gear then no one would give a shit about crafting.

People sound like behind every corner there is ruby or tormented soul to find. You need to take some time to get resources which you could spend bashing things and getting loot from monsters.

Darkion

Augur
heh. You mean when you get 5 in blacksmithing and crafting and you put time to collect stuff. So its not "broken". It just reward you for time and skill you put into crafting. If crafting wouldn't be better than self found gear then no one would give a shit about crafting.

People sound like behind every corner there is ruby or tormented soul to find. You need to take some time to get resources which you could spend bashing things and getting loot from monsters.

I agree. With crafting it takes skill points and hours of collecting stuff to create something good. It wouldn't make sense that after all that you would end up creating rusted butter knifes and threadbare rags. If that happened then it would be the reverse, a lot of teeth gnashing and outrage that crafting is useless.

Perkel

Arcane
Also i have both 5 b and c and i only created two hander for madora and for my dude one hander sword of planets where my ranger is rolling with found Heartseeker bow (which is handplaced unique)

Sodafish

Arcane
You can craft unlock scrolls anyways. You need blank witchcraft scrolls, although chance of getting one is random it's not harder than any other scroll.

Really? But they're green scrolls, not purple. Anyway, good to know.

If have found one of those punching daggers, it would be better than snakebite - if you could add a tormented soul to it, but it doesn't work. nothing happens. Why is that? Why can I not add a tormented soul to this weapon? Another weapon I had which couln't be upgraded with a tormented soul was a legendary 2 handed hammer. Is there a limit to the enchantments weapons can have? Both those weapons already had a lot of effects on them. Also, self-crafted daggers seem to be pretty meh, right? Unlike bows.

Are they tenebrium weapons (i.e. made from tenebrium, not just tenebrium-boosted)? You can't further enhance those.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, please tell us which country so we can make fun of them.

Sodafish

Arcane
You can't make tenebrium weapons yourself, only add the bars to existing ones. There is one sort of exception to this: you can make wands that kill shambling mounds from branch + tenebrium ore (like the one you find on that immaculate guy in Hiberheim).

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
People complaining about over powered crafted items in D:OS are just butthurt their lazy ass won't ever find the Multiheaded Uber Sword of Doom + 5 Acid Damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom