Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

himmy

Arcane
They gave Risen 2 86%, Arcania Gothic 4 79%, Dragon Age 2 88%... Mass Effect 3 90%

Sounds like the kind of people who give high scores to poor games from once great companies that they used to love. Gaming journalism equivalent of liking your ex's Facebook pictures even after they moved on.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
One thing this game has done is show many Codexers to be the hypcrites they are. HAHAHA! Even more reason for me to enjoy it.

set

Cipher
If anyone gave DA2 higher than a 60 you can pretty much take their reviews as meaningless - but considering the sheer number of people who gave it an 80+ this invalidates almost all reviewers. What a coincidence?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Lol, my mages have better armour rating than you do.

Doesn't matter when I never get hit.

I still have like armour 6 boots and armbands because of their skill boosts. Leather armour is terribly underrepresented so far, ffs, like 3/4 of the loot I find lands in Fedora's possession. I don't remember the last time I had a good drop for my char that wasn't a cuirass.

It's because +1 Ability costs a lot when you're near max.
And the trade-off of having lesser armor is just negligible when your build revolves around the ability being maxed all the time. (Sneaking, Leadership etc)
The whole 'equip as needed ability' also applies to Crafting, Blacksmithing, Pickpocketing.
Those non-combat abilities are really not worth investing points past the first/second. Even in Cyseal you'll be getting at least two pieces with those bonuses + traits.

The only downside is it's just a chore to manage your inventory around Pickpocketing, Crafting, Blacksmithing set.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If anyone gave DA2 higher than a 60 you can pretty much take their reviews as meaningless - but considering the sheer number of people who gave it an 80+ this invalidates almost all reviewers. What a coincidence?"

DA2 > U

"he whole 'equip as needed ability' also applies to Crafting, Blacksmithing, Pickpocketing."

Only cheesers do this sort of inventory hogging no matter the game.

RK47

Patron
Alos, didn't mean to imply I restarted b/c I couldn't handle hard (I'm aware that I can change difficulty) it's just that it was a good learning lesson to begin anew.
Its Ok Ivan, your KKK is still intact. We won`t tell your friends.

canakin

Cipher
Finally finished it tonight. I don't remember having so much fun with a game since Mask of the Betrayer but I'm a little disappointed with how the difficulty takes a nose dive somewhere between the Mines and Hunter's Edge and rest of the game becomes too easy. I went with the normal difficulty for my first run after reading some comments about hard is being too hard but now I just don't see how it would be possible without setting a cap on resistances and/or bloating enemy damage.

VySzWbb.png

This is how my party looked like just before the final fight, at this point most elemental attacks were healing my guys for quite some time and rendering my party oblivious to any little physical and tenenbrium damage enemy fighters managed to deal. I'm thinking of doing a lone wolf run on hard soon, but I'm worried that it could be even more overpowered.

RK47

Patron
That intel Jahan stacking. LOL.
Good work on the min-max.

Sodafish

Arcane
You skimped on initiative a lot though; it's especially weird how your thief's is so low with such a high speed. My rogue/archer had 29 initiative at the end, but leadership probably helped quite a bit.

edit: yeah just checked - she gets +10 init from fellow leadership and Obedient trait :M

RK47

Patron
You skimped on initiative a lot though; it's especially weird how your thief's is so low with such a high speed. My rogue/archer had 29 initiative at the end, but leadership probably helped quite a bit.

Leadership is probably one of the best passive ever.
I don't mind sacrificing one guy's ability points to make everyone so much more effective.

Sodafish

Arcane
Yeah leadership is a must, especially with the mortal technique books; you can get that sucker to 5 with a few of those and an item or two in no time.

canakin

Cipher
Yeah I never invested in leadership. Surely the buff looked cool but everyone was performing well enough anyways so I decided I could live without it and spent the points on body building and willpower against those annoying status effects.

The AI actually seems to perform much worse in later parts of the game. The eternal guardians fight in hunters edge is long and boring. Playing on hard is a battle against the doldrums while you whittle away meaninglessly inflated hit points. They just stand there and pretty much attack whatever is closest to them. I teleported one them 30 or so metres away and he turned around and walked into a wall... and stayed there. A few fights have gone this way, like the fight with the orc named Stormbringer or something. WTF happened, this game hooked me with the combat system and now near the end I feel like I'm just hacking and slashing in TB.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I've only really dabbled with the game so far, getting used to the system and considering what sort of builds to attempt, but already want to say that the implementation of profiles is great. I suppose it's only really there to facilitate multiplayer, but it makes the management of different playthroughs so much easier in such an obvious way that I don't know why it hasn't existed in every singe RPG I ever played.

Ivan

Arcane
If I lost my loot at the brothel is there a way to retrieve it if I've looted/broken all the chests on the 2nd floor?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
There are more than 3 unlock scrolls in the game. I found at least 5 so far. Found 2 in the phantom forest alone.
One is buried near the house of the demon and one is buried near the desk in the office of the alchemist in the temple of the dead. You need PER 14 to find those molds. Brofist this post if you're excited about the 2 additional unlock scrolls you just got

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom