Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ignore the Rot, you come across blood stones quite frequently. And, nearest to you,

Boreas' treasure room has one I think, otherwise that mage, what's his name, Maradona Madorana something, his 'office' in the cave. So you're not far from one.

There is one he can access right away, no fighting required.

use a shovel near the giant stone head to gain access to the prison. After you clear the minefield corridor (just blast it) and get into the prison proper, there is an iron maiden outside your cell. Dig your way out (or bribe the rat), then talk to the iron maiden to learn that a stars tone made it sentient. Attack and break it. Voila! Blood stone.

Anyone else disturbed by the bartender in Hunter's Edge? His dialogue was unsettling to say the least; way off the comical beaten path for this game. Also the way the Madora quest line ended with her meeting her infantile torturer was really ham fisted and indelicate. There wasn't anything humorous to find here except for a few of the bartenders lines of sarcasm and terror but when he mentioned his son I wasn't sure what the author was intending to communicate by such graphically horrific imagery.

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Holy shit. I just wiped the floor with King Boreas. Having three spellcasters makes a helluva difference. With my previous party setup I had four or five failed attempts. And it's really crazy that you can have some of the most powerful spells with only 1-2 points in their respective skill. Teleportation, Wildfire, Oath of Desecration + some summons to distract the enemy's attention = WIN

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone else disturbed by the bartender in Hunter's Edge? His dialogue was unsettling to say the least; way off the comical beaten path for this game. Also the way the Madora quest line ended with her meeting her infantile torturer was really ham fisted and indelicate. There wasn't anything humorous to find here except for a few of the bartenders lines of sarcasm and terror but when he mentioned his son I wasn't sure what the author was intending to communicate by such graphically horrific imagery.

dHlPREb.jpg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Lol, my mages have better armour rating than you do.

I thought it was pretty well done, the whole place over all. But I have very black sense of humour anyway.

I bet that one quest where you
can get the interracial homolovers killed
will create epic SJW butthurt.

I mean, they are vile murderers and admit so. Shouldn't be difficult choice, ey?

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
Well just finished it and

god the story is derpy. Worst part is how Leandra wants to destroy the whole world out of butthurt over the wizard and her sister fucking (hell hath no fury etc) :hmmm:

And ungh, that final temple was really a bad decision on Larian's part: the game of hunt the awesome butan isn't much fun at the best of times, but spending a couple of hours fucking around because you didn't know you can throw the teleport pyramid through a wall of metal bars = priceless. The game becomes really, really easy at high levels too: even the strife and void dragon were fucking pushovers. I think I killed them both in two turns each with barely a scratch. Anyway, a bit burnt out on it now and will leave a second playthrough for another time

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Lol, my mages have better armour rating than you do.

Doesn't matter when I never get hit.

I still have like armour 6 boots and armbands because of their skill boosts. Leather armour is terribly underrepresented so far, ffs, like 3/4 of the loot I find lands in Fedora's possession. I don't remember the last time I had a good drop for my char that wasn't a cuirass.

Sodafish

Arcane
Decent bows and daggers are very rare too in my experience. You get showered in fighter gear though, as you said.

Darkion

Augur
Question for the crafting experts:

Is there a specific special axe or tool to use on logs? Everywhere I look I see mentions of using axes on logs, but I have tried one-handed axes, two-handed axes, magic axes, regular axes, even imaginary axes (don't ask) to no avail, the axe and the log just swap places. I'm not sure if it's some strange glitch that is only happening on my games or it's something stupid that I'm doing wrong or out of sequence.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Decent bows and daggers are very rare too in my experience.

I'd be boned if I didn't loot Snakebite from Mangoth, yes :/

Bro who uses a crossbow says finding a good one is also nigh-impossible, while he's found a bunch of good bows so far supposedly.

Sodafish

Arcane
Question for the crafting experts:

Is there a specific special axe or tool to use on logs? Everywhere I look I see mentions of using axes on logs, but I have tried one-handed axes, two-handed axes, magic axes, regular axes, even imaginary axes (don't ask) to no avail, the axe and the log just swap places. I'm not sure if it's some strange glitch that is only happening on my games or it's something stupid that I'm doing wrong or out of sequence.

I thought any axe works, although I only tried it with a hand axe and a cleaver, both of which work fine.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The error logs are rather lovely:

[15-07-2014 18:55:51:839][d:\develop\lsprojects\lsframework\code\corelib\Pool.inl 162 ls::BasePool<class fx::Effect,class ls::PoolMemory,class ls::PoolQueue<class fx::Effect *> >::GetMore]: Pool (FX_LTS_Farm_Torch_A) is growing larger than it's maximum size!
Current size: 5
Maximum size 2
Let a programmer know about this, so he can investigate.
It's just a warning, so nothing is broken. Everything still works ;)

[15-07-2014 18:37:30:416][D:\Develop\LSProjects\LSFramework\Code\CoreLib\ObjectFactory.h 299 ls::ObjectFactory<class esv::AlignmentData>::Grow]: ObjectFactory (type Unknown) has grown bigger than the Maximum size (256 >= 192)
[15-07-2014 18:37:30:417][D:\Develop\LSProjects\LSFramework\Code\CoreLib\ObjectFactory.h 299 ls::ObjectFactory<class esv::HasRelationsObject>::Grow]: ObjectFactory (type Unknown) has grown bigger than the Maximum size (256 >= 200)
[15-07-2014 18:37:31:239][D:\Develop\LSProjects\LSFramework\Code\CoreLib\ObjectFactory.h 299 ls::ObjectFactory<class esv::Inventory>::Grow]: ObjectFactory (type esv::Inventory) has grown bigger than the Maximum size (3072 >= 2048)
[15-07-2014 18:37:34:049][..\..\..\EyesOfAChild\Code\EoCServer\Server\TemplateHelpers.cpp 76 esv::GetGameObjectTemplate]: esv::GetGameObjectTemplate(id,templateType) failed to find the template: 878372b3-9280-4819-b8b0-4ca76dea8ad1 (type: 5)!
[15-07-2014 18:37:34:056][..\..\..\EyesOfAChild\Code\EoCServer\Server\TemplateHelpers.cpp 76 esv::GetGameObjectTemplate]: esv::GetGameObjectTemplate(id,templateType) failed to find the template: 878372b3-9280-4819-b8b0-4ca76dea8ad2 (type: 5)!
[15-07-2014 18:37:35:263][..\..\..\EyesOfAChild\Code\EoCServer\Server\ScriptParam.cpp 229 esv::ScriptParam::CreateOsiVar]: ScriptParam[LeandraIsHere]: Variable should exist when loading game. However it's possible the scripts of some items/characters changed since your last savegame. RESAVE! If the assert still occurs -> Call a Thomas
[15-07-2014 18:37:35:264][..\..\..\EyesOfAChild\Code\EoCServer\Server\ScriptParam.cpp 229 esv::ScriptParam::CreateOsiVar]: ScriptParam[WhenAlone_SummonShadowWhisperer.Target]: Variable should exist when loading game. However it's possible the scripts of some items/characters changed since your last savegame. RESAVE! If the assert still occurs -> Call a Thomas

Does anyone have Thomas' phone number?

Sodafish

Arcane
Yeah. High level crafted weapons in particular shit all over 99% of stuff you find.

Sodafish

Arcane
Branch + bowstring to make a bow. Another bowstring boosts it. Add tenebrium bar, tormented soul and sextant. It all scales to level of the crafter when it's made.

Game gives you a billion branches but finding enough sinew for bowstrings is tough, especially once strong sinew starts popping up (you can't craft with these) :x

Kill every deer you see and savescum until it drops sinew.

Perkel

Arcane
Branch + bowstring to make a bow. Another bowstring boosts it. Add tenebrium bar, tormented soul and sextant. It all scales to level of the crafter when it's made.

Game gives you a billion branches but finding enough sinew for bowstrings is tough, especially once strong sinew starts popping up (you can't craft with these) :x

They updated strong sinew to give bowstrings...

Sodafish

Arcane

They updated strong sinew to give bowstrings...

I did not know that :rage:

Does the same go for adult antler, sharp tooth etc?

Perkel

Arcane
i don't remember but wait i will find patch notes

:

-Scale scraps can be crafted with Metal Armor
-Intestines can be crafted to create poison/poisoned food/poisoned arrowheads
-Strong sinews can be crafted to bowstrings
-Crafting scrolls now works with elemental essence like the cards say (e.g. fire essence + paper = blank fire scroll)

But there is a mod that "fixes" crafting (like antlers and stuff)

Tigranes

Arcane
So endgame question, re. whether there's anything interesting left:

Finished all Hunter's Edge quests, though the writing indicates I'll end up fighting Orcs or choose a side at some point? Entered the phantom forest, now I see a big area with lots and lots of trash mobs & talk about the Temple. Are there any real quests left, or any battles that are interesting from a tactical standpoint? Or does it devolve into disgusting main plot exposition (LEANDRA IS BUTTHURT AND WANTS TO DESTROY WORLD, SOMEHOW RELATED TO EVIL BEING FROM BEGINNING OF TIME WANTS TO DESTROY WORLD) & HP bloat fights? I do NOT mind being spoiled at this stage, and I just want to know because I'm sort of itching to just restart.

Next playthrough plan is pure Marksman and pure Scoundrel with minimum magic, which I expect will be more challenging. Maybe Lone Wolf, maybe not.

Perkel

Arcane
So endgame question, re. whether there's anything interesting left:

Finished all Hunter's Edge quests, though the writing indicates I'll end up fighting Orcs or choose a side at some point? Entered the phantom forest, now I see a big area with lots and lots of trash mobs & talk about the Temple. Are there any real quests left, or any battles that are interesting from a tactical standpoint? Or does it devolve into disgusting main plot exposition (LEANDRA IS BUTTHURT AND WANTS TO DESTROY WORLD, SOMEHOW RELATED TO EVIL BEING FROM BEGINNING OF TIME WANTS TO DESTROY WORLD) & HP bloat fights? I do NOT mind being spoiled at this stage, and I just want to know because I'm sort of itching to just restart.

Next playthrough plan is pure Marksman and pure Scoundrel with minimum magic, which I expect will be more challenging. Maybe Lone Wolf, maybe not.

I play no magic (no heal spell or cure, only potions and food) fighter + scoundrel + ranger and it fun as hell

Darkion

Augur
I thought any axe works, although I only tried it with a hand axe and a cleaver, both of which work fine.

Thanks for the response. I'll have to do some experimenting when I get home tonight. Maybe it's just Jahan being a lazy anti-demonite.

Johan has 5 crafting, but beyond making minor potions into large ones, I haven't crafted shit (around lvl 11). I should get around to doing some stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom