Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Every single one of my characters has air 1, water 1, and witchcraft 1 by level 5.

Having 4 teleports, 4 blitz bolts, 4 rains, 8 regens, and 4 oaths every fight is way too good.

Black

Arcane
Hahahah, they did it, they actually did it!
Entering sneak mode costs 5ap no matter how high your sneak skill is!
The absolute madmen!
Planet-of-the-Apes-statue-of-liberty.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hahahah, they did it, they actually did it!
Entering sneak mode costs 5ap no matter how high your sneak skill is!
The absolute madmen!
Planet-of-the-Apes-statue-of-liberty.jpg

I personally felt that was a huge mistake on their part. Yes, it needs addressing, but not to the point it makes combat sneaking almost like a waste of time.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Runs incredibly smooth for me, probably better than before. In Ultra and my setup is not super top-notch(eg my gfx card is a HD6950)

Aenra

Now that we have an EE unpacker courtesy of Norbyte, i've started messing around, except being clueless does not allow for much :S

How do we 'open'/'read' .lsx extensions? Googleing has not helped, might need to equip the ring first

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Played original version in co-op, and crafted weapons were almost always better then ones in shops and chests. Same basic axe recipe provided stronger axes as my crafter went up in levels (so i got weapon upgrade right away insted of waiting for something to drop), also crafting allowed enhancing. I liked it.

Jezal_k23

GTX 750 Ti here, straight 60fps at all times on Ultra, with at most a few 2-3fps drops when I'm exploring new areas. It does run better than the original did for me.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Played original version in co-op, and crafted weapons were almost always better then ones in shops and chests. Same basic axe recipe provided stronger axes as my crafter went up in levels (so i got weapon upgrade right away insted of waiting for something to drop), also crafting allowed enhancing. I liked it.

:negative::negative::negative:

Who decided to popularise crafting? It is the most degenerate form of timesink there is.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Wasn't timesinky at all =) Crafter levels up, melts his 2H sword, crafts a new one out of those materials, sharpens it, and that's it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They never really addressed the 'low level abilities are still effective because INT boosted it'
Making those low AP CC spells a solution that almost never fail in encounters. I'm starting to get bored.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There are a lot of questionable design decisions around combat in this game, so that isn't surprising. They should really look into them in D:OS2.

Aenra

Second patch out:

Hi Everyone,

We are updating Original Sin: Enhanced Edition in response to some reports from the community. If you have more feedback on important issues, please keep reporting them via support or forums and we will do our best to get them solved quickly.

Version 2.0.99.113:

• Fix for invisible items in containers
  • Fix for Crafting interface in Polish
  • Fix for book interface in Russian
  • Fix for sometimes having to click multiple times to pick up items
  • Fix for not being able to assign skill points under certain conditions
http://steamcommunity.com/games/373420/announcements/detail/55527102415630907

Zetor

Arcane
The Sparkmaster encounter has way harder mechanics in the EE. Not sure if it's due to Tactician mode or not, but it was pretty damn intense and felt like a proper boss fight (at level 5, anyway). Also had to think about which button combinations to use on the remote each turn, which I think is a great improvement... no I-WIN button for you!

Lacrymas

Arcane
You are cheesing Luculla though, not that that's an excuse, but still. Putting 1 point into everything + Lone Wolf is also op as fuck. The problem is the relative ease of getting very useful spells for almost nothing in terms of point investment. That is easily rectified by not putting so powerful spells at the novice level. It's not bad to have good spells at low levels, but it's a balancing problem if you can get them so easily.

Aenra

Got better things to do than chase lvl10 mobs when i'm lvl3 in any RPG, so not the one to comment.
But assuming you can be bothered, can you explain why you got one geo, one water and one fire, even though you left Int at 5? And why 12 speed?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Got better things to do than chase lvl10 mobs when i'm lvl3 in any RPG, so not the one to comment.
But assuming you can be bothered, can you explain why you got one geo, one water and one fire, even though you left Int at 5? And why 12 speed?

Because the spells are very useful for almost no investment. 2xLone Wolf, 2 Spiders, 2 Blitz Bolts, 2 Healing, whatever fire gives you, Speed for maximum action points (which means more cc and more dmg) etc. The cooldown for having low int is negligible, considering they already have quite a long cooldown at this level.

whatevername

Arcane
You are cheesing Luculla though, not that that's an excuse, but still. Putting 1 point into everything + Lone Wolf is also op as fuck. The problem is the relative ease of getting very useful spells for almost nothing in terms of point investment. That is easily rectified by not putting so powerful spells at the novice level. It's not bad to have good spells at low levels, but it's a balancing problem if you can get them so easily.

I used lvl 10 mobs so you would see the gravity of the situation. They are supposed to tear your char to shreds, but are unable to do so because of shit AI. The spells that I used don't matter a single bit, but I chose a variety of them so I wouldn't have to wait for cooldowns.
Didn't put anything into intelligence because I'm roleplaying a retard with Asperger's and Down's. Oh, wait this isn't Neverwinter Nights?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
They are supposed to tear your char to shreds
Says who? A number?

A game that rewards creative thinking, rewards creative thinking, and you complain.

Back to WoW with you.

Renegen

Arcane
Tell us how your 1 in everything character does late game, I don't understand what exactly you're doing complaining about 1 battle going your way when the game is 50 hours long. Same with RK's comments, high level spells are much more powerful than the low level ones. This isn't Final Fantasy when all you get is Firaga, here you get an aoe dmg stun spell at expert level why shouldn't you also keep the low level single target cc spell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom