Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Athelas

Arcane
Everything not grimdark faggotry = juvenile apparently :argh:

It was lighthearted, Call of Duty is juvenile.
Call of Duty is (also) grimdark faggotry, so you appear to be contradicting yourself.

Aenra

Random. You were warned. Yes, this is a legitimate question, lol
I have heard that with sweetfx/reshades/some other third name that escapes me you can use a setting that makes your game look something akin to Shadowblade Remake's Retro Mode. Is that really a possibility and if so, how/where do i find it please?

edit: to explain, lol..first i disabled Bloom, too fucking shiny. Then i lowered the gamma as much as possible, because everything was still too fucking shiny. Then i disabled Field of View, because a mass of (shiny!!!111!) haze 3 meters away from my character was not my cup of tea either. Then i disabled MSAA because (shiny!!!111!) proper AF crispy or get the fuck out. You are getting the point i think..

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I cheesed the fuck out of the Baccus fight.

It was fairly difficult, even with cheese on tactician mode. But I fucked that nigga up good.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
That's a valid tactic.
Actually for the most part I use 'exploits' in terms of exploring/adventure and stuff. Avoiding trash encounters by stealthing past them with a solo character, then teleport-pyramiding the rest of my party. Finding high level non-combat quests, that give me a lot of xp, and then I go back and pwn earlier encounters because of my higher level. Looting everything when I'm stealthing, of course.*

*You know the treasure room in the Prison in the basement of the Cyseal Barracks? I went down there, had one of my characters distract the guards by talking to them, had my other character go solo and behind out of LOS of the guard, teleported at the perfect angle into the treasure room (maybe to avoid the other pacing guard to see me). Stole everything. Teleported back out, maybe with Teleport Pyramid.

*Also I avoided the Death Knight/Lord that was guarding the entrance to the Source Temple by sneaking behind him with a solo character, teleport-pyramiding the rest of my party to that character, and then clicking the door as fast as possible.

I did so many things out of order in DOS, you have no idea.

Now THOSE are exploits.

Edit: Also I stole as much Tenebrium as I could find in the Immaculate Village.. And also I didn't have to deal with going in the front gate, because I came in (unintentionally) from the Prison.
---

There are also a decent amount of secret areas, often related to riddles, that you can find. That's actually what got me to keep playing the game. For just ONE example:

Handling an encounter a certain way allowed me to infer that there was a hidden wizard lair, and THEN it had a secret back room which you also had to figure out from clues.

Another example was

finding a legendary weapon based on finding a letter on the ground, which somewhat vaguely described where it was located.

Even then there were secret areas that were hinted at, but I could not find or figure out. One I had to look up in a walkthrough :(

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You know the treasure room in the Prison in the basement of the Cyseal Barracks? I went down there, had one of my characters distract the guards by talking to them, had my other character go solo and behind out of LOS of the guard, teleported at the perfect angle into the treasure room (maybe to avoid the other pacing guard to see me). Stole everything. Teleported back out, maybe with Teleport Pyramid.
Lol, I just killed them.

Black

Arcane
I find this whole argument about "sploiting" the game stupid". The game was from the very beginning advertised, and rightfully so, as a YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF rpg and unorthodox methods (read: exploits) were pretty much welcome, such as carrying around dozens of oil barrels, throwing kegs at enemies, cheesing with teleportation spells and pyramids.
Now suddenly this is frowned upon, what happened?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I find this whole argument about "sploiting" the game stupid". The game was from the very beginning advertised, and rightfully so, as a YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF rpg and unorthodox methods (read: exploits) were pretty much welcome, such as carrying around dozens of oil barrels, throwing kegs at enemies, cheesing with teleportation spells and pyramids.
Now suddenly this is frowned upon, what happened?
BECAUSE THAT'S NOT HOW CRPGS PLAY.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
How the fuck can i craft large iron bars?
I just had to drag one over another in the original version, but this doesn't work anymore.

Ugh, nevermind.
You have to manually combine them in the crafting menu.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
The one that was named "self dectruct" or "weapon deactivation"
(sleepy sleepy happy)
? Cause it is the latter that is not working. Or the bug is not easily reproducible, though judging by steam forums Im not the only one with remote controllers problem.

So a fair warning for those playing honor mode cause that is a place with serious partywipe potential. Even the asshole sunbathing sourcerer isn't as fucking OP as lightning gun YOLO

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So, RPG Codex Game of the Year 2014 is finally banal, shit, boring ? Well, that took its sweet time... :)

Like I say, after enough time has passed, most of the posters talking about any given thing are the people who hate it because those who liked it have moved on.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So a fair warning for those playing honor mode cause that is a place with serious partywipe potential. Even the asshole sunbathing sourcerer isn't as fucking OP as lightning gun YOLO

Mang I beat Sparkmaster first try but I can't figure out that asshole sourcerer to save my life. He summons 6 or 7 minions who hit twice as hard as me, then goes invisible, then when I killed his adds he resummons them. Seriously wtf.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Stunlock. Rain on his picnic and then shock the shit out of him with aero lightning. No talking. Talking is for pussies. Fist out of the sky from warrior abilities is also a good opener. Got him on the second try (the first try he died despite both him and his ads casting invisibility on him.. but the 2nd summon of adds wiped floor with me). Missed some XP for the adds he never got to summon though :(

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Stunlock. Rain on his picnic and then shock the shit out of him with aero lightning. No talking. Talking is for pussies. Fist out of the sky from warrior abilities is also a good opener. Got him on the second try (the first try he died despite both him and his ads casting invisibility on him.. but the 2nd summon of adds wiped floor with me). Missed some XP for the adds he never got to summon though :(

Ty. Is there any point to him tho? Or is he just an optional challenge?

Black

Arcane
He doesn't even drop anything special.
Which remind me, loot still sucks.
But hey, at least they got rid of savescumming instead of not making players feel like they should do it!

Zeriel

Arcane
Funniest shit I've seen so far on Honour mode:

1) Summoned adds that move across the screen and explode in a one shot aoe at the end of their turn, basically unavoidable. Hope you spam summons. Unlike the exploding skeletons they have enough AP to reach just about anywhere on the same turn.
2) Trash mobs teleporting your characters into lava early on. Instant irrevocable death. At least you can resurrect ashes.

Someone at Larian is a :^) fella.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
Played few hours long local coop session with my brother. Tactician mode.

Controller is surprisingly good for this game, but m+kb is still more comfortable in maaaaany situations, especially interface-swinging or environmental interaction. Still, if I want local coop then I have no other choice(inb4 triggered butchy trying to hard again).

Some of the voice acting got screwed. How could they replace the cheese vendor or
pilate-film-008.jpg
drill instructor VAs with that emotionless husks is beyond me. The game is goofy anyway, go all the way out for fucks sake.

Tactician mode fixes old issues, there's probably still tons of exploits for every encounter but I'll leave it to power gamers to figure it out.

We've forced split screen after 20-30 minutes or so. The merge-split thing is distracting as fuck.

Can't hide helmet with gamepad :fight:

I've seen the effect of rewriting a little bit of story, but I'm not sure if having cat-pervert as recurring character will make it better yet.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope they aren't using the KS money we gave them for PR campaigns lolol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom