Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Oh my god, the combat text in the baron of bones + his lady + minstrel encounter is amazing. It's so touching, and just so good. Loved their voice acting, too. I'm heartbroken now.
Oh that one was quite excellent. A shame they're not real characters, just mobs to kill. I would do some quests for them.

tumblr_mf9dzq5zOT1s0vusro1_500.jpg

T.V. Morticia was HOT (not that ugly one from the latest movie)

Zep--

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Text heavy? Most items have like 1 or 2 quick blurbs about them. Your argument makes zero sense. If your opinion was that RPG's should be text heavy and that's that...fine...but using Dark Souls as an example? Crazy talk.
Would you rather have Fate stay night as an example? Dark Souls felt more text heavy than Dragon Age Origins. And considering Dark Souls is about a character doing stuff in lifeless ruined world, that's a quite a feat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And no transitions between outdoor and indoor areas. That was such a bad design decision for NWN. But I have no idea why they did that (could have been computer limitations back in the day).
Because it's the infinity engine and doesn't support room over room or streaming anything out of memory when it's out of sight.

Mystary!

Arcane
- So i was out of fire arrows and no fire spell or weapon with fire effect... enemies are standing in oil. I think i think and i think and i almost gave up... Then i throw candle into oil like in fucking PnP game and it fucking worked ! Systems in place are amazing !
I discovered this aswell. Whats even better is you can carry lit candles with you, and since I have neither a pyromancer nor a marksman, I got my bag full of them!

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
What happened with the spoiler tags in this thread? Sumsobiches spoiling left and right.

Shadenuat

Arcane
2 interesting points about crafting - created items seem to scale to your level, I almost switched my helmet for Pumpkin Helmet that ended up being level 10 (and I have 0 points in crafting I think) and with 20% fire resistance and chance to set Fear on enemies.

Another one is item boosting. Some items used on others boost them, like vial of poison > weapon will add poison damage on top of already existing enchantment. And also will scale to item level.
So that's something.

Now I'm going to drag everything on my items to see if it will make them better lol.
I wonder if sharpening your weapons or something scales them to your level. Then the dream of people who like to keep one weapon for whole game will come true.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Where can I get pixie dust and ink for crafting scrolls and skill books?

Where can I get pixie dust and ink for crafting scrolls and skill books?

Stardust flower things ground up with bone powder makes pixie dust

I read in a recipe book that Moonstone and the flower makes finer pixie dust. I tried it and it is no different than regular pixie dust. God dammit.

Perkel

Arcane
2 interesting points about crafting - created items seem to scale to your level, I almost switched my helmet for Pumpkin Helmet that ended up being level 10 (and I have 0 points in crafting I think) and with 20% fire resistance and chance to set Fear on enemies.

Another one is item boosting. Some items used on others boost them, like vial of poison > weapon will add poison damage on top of already existing enchantment. And also will scale to item level.
So that's something.

Now I'm going to drag everything on my items to see if it will make them better lol.
I wonder if sharpening your weapons or something scales them to your level. Then the dream of people who like to keep one weapon for whole game will come true.

Yeah noticed level scaling.

Wait what poison potion on weapon gives it poison damage ? This changes everything !
I guess those resistance potions will work on armor i think oh and those debuff potions that seams to be useless... maybe they are used to debuff req of weapon/armor ? Same with potions giving stats ... Gotta check it out.

edit:

it doesn't work

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Is there any word on when it will be available on GOG? My home internet is cheap junk, making Steam very inconvenient for large downloads like this.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Since posters in another thread miss my trolling in this one, I'll keep going.

First, Vincke backpedals hard:
https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/484709298975813632
Swen on June 30 said:
We're packing & shipping as fast as we can - there's a lot of them, but everybody should get them this week.
Today
Swen said:
Swen said:
One day left to keep this promise. :P
Which one?
That everybody should get his Kickstarter-CE this week. ;)
Not the signed ones, we're signing them now. The others are out of the door afaik. Now it's the post.
Hey Vincke maybe you should take some advice from Def Leppard. There's a world of difference between "Everyone should get them this week" and "We'll be shipping them all this week." Tomorrow's a holiday for me so this week isn't happening.

And to think people said I lived in Antarctica when I told them how long it would take to ship. :roll:

And now for a blast from the past http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...g-codex-to-larian-studios.82421/#post-2616914
me said:
Linking stats together like this could potentially mean that no matter how a character is built, there will be no obvious dump stat.
Constitution is always the obvious dump stat
Prediction: True. Speed is the best stat for all characters, strength, dexterity, and intelligence are necessary for melee, rogue/ranged, and mages respectively and perception is also a thing from which rogue/ranged benefits much. Con? Meh.

Also many stats can/should be dumped depending on the character you're making. :P

me said:
Again this is all a work-in-progress but it made for some challenging and brutal encounters, even more brutal because life and mana do not regenerate!
Don't think that this overload of magic will make the game trivially easy, however, for not only will enemies be able to play with the same magic forces as you do, but also, as I stated earlier, health and mana do not regenerate at all and potions can be scarce
Mana does not automatically regenerate and can only be regained by drinking potions, eating certain types of food, or resting.
You have those pyramid thingamabobs. Finish a battle, teleport to a resting spot, get your health/mana back, repeat. How degenerate.

Haha remember when mana was a thing? Prediction here: Not quite accurate, but only because I couldn't predict that they'd scrap mana altogether and give you unlimited cost-free healing through a spell you can use between battles.

me said:
There are plans to add features like shattering frozen enemies with melee hits, so those of you who enjoy swinging big weapons need not be afraid.

This was pretty damn op in DA:O, likely to be op here as well.
Since I haven't seen anyone mention anything about shattering, I'm glad they came to their senses regarding this issue. Prediction: Thankfully wrong.

Of course I have seen someone bypass HP mechanics by stacking a bunch of exploding barrels, stealthily moving them to a boss, and then blowing them all up but I don't really care if people want to indulge in that kind of pseudo-sim tomfoolery. I doubt there's enough barrels to do that to all the bosses.

Last edited:

bonescraper

- So i was out of fire arrows and no fire spell or weapon with fire effect... enemies are standing in oil. I think i think and i think and i almost gave up... Then i throw candle into oil like in fucking PnP game and it fucking worked ! Systems in place are amazing !
That's just like the thing i was talking about. Funny how i gave up on this idea when they actually bothered to implement it. Looks like tey did a really good job taking notes from the Codex :salute:

Taking time to fix Global chat and add moderation seems like a waste. What value is there in global chat?
How do I shot web?
How do I shot web?
How do I shot web?
Lone Wolf is a difficulty toggle, it should be way easier with a full party. Working as intended.
Exactly what I was saying, even with a relatively weak character in the slot 4 > 3 .
Although he wasn't complete dead weight, lucky charm/sneak/pickpocket meant everyone was pretty decked out.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wait what poison potion on weapon gives it poison damage ? This changes everything !
I guess those resistance potions will work on armor i think oh and those debuff potions that seams to be useless...
Not all items can be boosted though. I think there's a cap or maybe same resistances don't stack.

Resistances are applied by Essenses (shiny orbs). Like Fire Essense > Belt = belt with fire resistance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom