Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just ended a pretty tough quest battle with most of my characters at only level 3. At the very last minute one of my main characters died. I luckily had a handful of resurrect scrolls so I cast one immediately after the battle. What I didn't realize is that like teleport, you can choose where your resurrected character is going to land. Since I didn't realize this at first I resurrected my character right into the pile of poison goo she died in.

:x

:incline:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, while I'm pretty allergic to manuals I'm very fond of games which really kind of require one. The learning curve is still hitting me in many areas. For instance: A certain NPC always starts off in battle (at this point) with 7 AP but continues with a base of 6. It needs 7 AP to use 'Teleport'. I didn't realize this until after the second time I noticed I couldn't select 'Teleport' on my subsequent turns. So it dawned on me that whatever I do before I want to use 'Teleport' (if it's not on my first turn) I'd better save myself at least 1 AP at all times. Pretty obvious and intuitive in retrospect, but it's a small example of the game forcing you into well-thought strategies.

Shadenuat

Arcane
this is true, but since levelling up slows down massively after 10-11, a lot of areas in Silverglen share the same average level, so that's why it got me confus
Plot will catch you eventually. Like if you finish whole Hiberheim, it will tell you to go search the mines anyway.

Buffalo swords are probablu awesum
Me, I just looted this:

81404659.jpg

:kfc:

...shit now I need to manualy identify 2 inventories worth of loot. :negative:

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah noticed level scaling.

Wait what poison potion on weapon gives it poison damage ? This changes everything !
I guess those resistance potions will work on armor i think oh and those debuff potions that seams to be useless... maybe they are used to debuff req of weapon/armor ? Same with potions giving stats ... Gotta check it out.

edit:

it doesn't work

You need to use gems like ruby, malachite to give armors resistance. Needs at least 4 crafting btw.

Edit : Also heres a tip for bow users, put all your magical arrows in a backpack and place that backpack on your skill bar. Really helps after a while when you swim in magical arrows.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I went with Cleric and Ranger -- you mo's better be right about bows! Just in the tutorial dungeon so far but have to admit I laughed when my character entered sneak mode.

Murk

Arcane
So... uh... what class should I be, bros?
If I had patience to restart I'd make at least one character use bows, there's a lot of magical arrows and they have a variety of status effects

I'd second this.

I made one of mine an archer with wind and water magic and the other a staff user (rifleman, more like; with fire, geo, and witchcraft). So far, working verrrry well. Only thing I wish is my archer had free fire instead of relying on fire arrows because I LOVE spilling oil and burning it. My full mage luckily can do that and fire off a burning shot in one round so it works.

Rock rips through paper.
(Last time I spammed rock the AI put paper 3 times in a row..starting to wonder if it's really randomized.)

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Belgians providing the incline :smug:

Now all we need to do is win the world cup and this will have been a perfect summer.

Answermancer

Educated
Rock rips through paper.
(Last time I spammed rock the AI put paper 3 times in a row..starting to wonder if it's really randomized.)

It probably is proper random, which means it's fucking bullshit because I have the worst luck in the world :|.

I've tried starting Rock, I've tried starting not-Rock. Last one I tried I managed one success! Woo... for his 4. Goddamn it :|.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Oh my god, the combat text in the baron of bones + his lady + minstrel encounter is amazing. It's so touching, and just so good. Loved their voice acting, too. I'm heartbroken now.

Also, I've met DarkUnderlord (warning, many screenshots follow):

I... don't know if that actually was modelled on me intentionally but if not, damn it seems pretty close.

Suicidal

Arcane
Can't you just skip the rock paper scissors thing and let your skill check to the talking? That's how I always do it, am I missing something by skipping the minigame?

Zeriel

Arcane
It was submitted by some guy in the Codex thread where people were deciding what all the Codex submittables would be (items, henchmen, etc).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Can't you just skip the rock paper scissors thing and let your skill check to the talking? That's how I always do it, am I missing something by skipping the minigame?
I think the ai cheats in some weird way. It doesn't seem to pick randomly because I've never seen a tie. It seems to larp another playing trying to metagame you or something, which is weird, but sorta works, because you just *know* it can be beaten 100% of the time if you can only figure it out...

One of the tracks in this game that I hear a lot while exploring, earlier on, sounds a near lawsuit level similar to The Room opening.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom