Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm apparently stuck in the tutorial dungeon. Two pressure plates. I stand on them both, a door opens. I try to move one of the character through the door, it closes.

No indication of how I should keep a trigger door open.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Those broken pieces of debris all around, previously shown to be of use in blocking vents, are also to be used in holding down pressure plates.

Well I'm glad the tutorial dungeon failed to explain that! Now I feel like a smartie, and I'm not at all rolling my eyes at the incomplete design of this tutorial dungeon.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Can't you just skip the rock paper scissors thing and let your skill check to the talking? That's how I always do it, am I missing something by skipping the minigame?
I think the ai cheats in some weird way. It doesn't seem to pick randomly because I've never seen a tie. It seems to larp another playing trying to metagame you or something, which is weird, but sorta works, because you just *know* it can be beaten 100% of the time if you can only figure it out...

I just play rock for a few rounds, then when the AI plays paper, i start playing scissors for the rest of the rounds while hes still stuck playing paper.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Excid, I'm too busy laughing to even defend this game.
My prediction still stands, Americans just hate games they don't understand.
DOS will get the same treatment.

hoho.jpg

:patriot: Euro-trash gonna euro-trash.

Suicidal

Arcane
I don't know how much wallpaper paste one must have eaten in order to not immediately piece this together.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Excid, I'm too busy laughing to even defend this game.
My prediction still stands, Americans just hate games they don't understand.
DOS will get the same treatment.

You blew a master trolling attempt by Darth Roxor dammit!

Edit: Lah.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm apparently stuck in the tutorial dungeon. Two pressure plates. I stand on them both, a door opens. I try to move one of the character through the door, it closes.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Those broken pieces of debris all around, previously shown to be of use in blocking vents, are also to be used in holding down pressure plates.

Well I'm glad the tutorial dungeon failed to explain that! Now I feel like a smartie, and I'm not at all rolling my eyes at the incomplete design of this tutorial dungeon.
That's weird. In my tutorial dungeon the game told me I can put things on pressure plates to activate them. It even told me the pressure plate will *click* to indicate it's activated.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

That's weird. In my tutorial dungeon the game told me I can put things on pressure plates to activate them. It even told me the pressure plate will *click* to indicate it's activated.

It's euro-game, what do you expect?
I miss simpler puzzle like Skyrim's claw.
Goddamn that was good. I was stumped at first, then I read a journal, and examined the claw, using the close up function to rotate and zoom in - I managed to deduce the answer, rotate the stone pillar to the correct logos before I threw the switch.
Now that's GOOD tutorial design!

Arkeus

Arcane
Rock rips through paper.
(Last time I spammed rock the AI put paper 3 times in a row..starting to wonder if it's really randomized.)
Rock rips through paper.
(Last time I spammed rock the AI put paper 3 times in a row..starting to wonder if it's really randomized.)

It probably is proper random, which means it's fucking bullshit because I have the worst luck in the world :|.

I've tried starting Rock, I've tried starting not-Rock. Last one I tried I managed one success! Woo... for his 4. Goddamn it :|.
Do either of you have stench or know-it-all on the character doing the rock-paper-scissors?

Because if they guy hates you you are going to lose the games all the time (and if they like you you are going to win them all the time).

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why can I only change/edit the appearance of my 1st main character
when using the mirror in the homestead, in the section that has two rooms which used to be yours? I thought I'd be able to change my other 3 characters' appearances as well, but nothing happens when I click on the mirror with them. Bug? Or is it supposed to be that way for whatever reason?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That must be censored out from US version, because of word "click".

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
when using the mirror in the homestead, in the section that has two rooms which used to be yours? I thought I'd be able to change my other 3 characters' appearances as well, but nothing happens when I click on the mirror with them. Bug? Or is it supposed to be that way for whatever reason?

Left room is for first character and right room is for second. You can tell it by trying to open their special stash. They won't open it if its not theirs.

Unoriginal trolls plagiarising shit,
:1/5:
No soul, no heart, if that trolling attempt sang the blues I wouldn't listen.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Left room is for first character and right room is for second. You can tell it by trying to open their special stash. They won't open it if its not theirs.

Yeah, I know, b-but

there is no mirror in the 2nd room for me :o

Also FFS I wanna customize the henchmen too. Why is the game so intent on not letting me do that under any circumstances?

There's nothing random about rock paper scissors, haven't lost one yet.

I'm a bit butthurt about 'second act' though, cleaned up first one and finished with a lvl 9 party (whole experience was quite fluid and i never really felt 'behind' in terms of lvls), now in this Silver forrest or whatevers its name is, after wrecking a few lvl 9 packs and getting a couple of quests all i'm left with, is a 10 lvl party that has to face either lvl 12 orks / goblins or lvl 14 spiders and shit. With point blank accuracy of 55% vs lvl 12 creatures and them resisting my spells left and right, its not really that fun.

Murk

Arcane
Bros, question.

Black cove; the fucking room with the ghost thing and the trap. Any hints without telling me the solution outright?

Is it related to the steam and those weird red oven like things? They look like small furnaces in the wall.

NVM found it: was a lot simpler than I thought.

2nd edit: fuck me, so many switches. do i even want to bother?

Last edited:

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Act fast!

Remember that you can move things.

Teamwork can hurt sometimes.

Arkeus

Arcane

Zeriel

Arcane

Dear lord, you really will complain about anything.

I wonder if this game can get Larian a 9/10 from at least one major site like gamespot, ign, etc. Because if this game can't, then nothing can.

Even if they do get a high score from one of those websites, you just know some AAA shovelware will get a moderately higher score on release. I've already seen a review like that for D:OS--glowing commentary with nary a mentioned negative in sight, but a numerical score lower than things they criticized from larger developers.

That's actually a /lot/ better than i expected for such sites.

That was twelve years ago. A lot of the publications we mock were semi-decent back then. There was a time when Gamespot was vaguely monocled. A decade is a generational difference, after all.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dear lord, you really will complain about anything.

Thanks, Divinity-fanboy!

I know, i know. It's desperately important to you that everyone in the world find your favorite game flawless and unquestionable, but maybe - just maybe - you might wish to recognize that games made in the last 20 years rarely rely on a manual. Particularly those sold through Steam.

I know, I'm simply some idiot noob, expecting a game to explain itself, as games have done for the past two decades. Again, please enjoy your sense of smug superiority. I assure you, I am deeply impressed, and your smugness has thoroughly convinced me of both my own idiocy and your pet game's supremacy.

Rest assured I now go to play a different game while crying bitter tears that I will never experience the rapture of Your Favorite Game.

Say hi to Cleve Blackmore for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom