Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

catfood

AGAIN
Meh, it's a good thing I guess, but let's be honest here: there was never any doubt that it was not going to be funded.

The real deal for me is that juicy 1 mil goal that will likely not get reached. The 650k goal is the realistic target for this campaign.

Monty

Arcane
The real deal for me is that juicy 1 mil goal that will likely not get reached. The 650k goal is the realistic target for this campaign.
You're forgetting Gragt's article is still to come out, to inspire the masses to jump on board.

catfood

AGAIN
Maybe the officials of this forum should tweet about this to youtube personalities like Spoony and TB? Maybe if we pester them enough they'll cover it? Worked in Matt's case. :P

Mortmal

Arcane
Its nice its funded, but i would be disapointed if it dont reach the 1 million stretch goal, this game really deserves an npc daily schedule

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe the officials of this forum should tweet about this to youtube personalities like Spoony and TB? Maybe if we pester them enough they'll cover it? Worked in Matt's case. :P
I've already tweeted Spoony and got no response (granted, I am nobody, so he probably ignored me based on that) and TotalBiscuit already covered this game last year, so I'm not sure if he's keen on giving it more time and effort.

catfood

AGAIN
I've already tweeted Spoony and got no response (granted, I am nobody, so he probably ignored me based on that) and TotalBiscuit already covered this game last year, so I'm not sure if he's keen on giving it more time and effort.
I think both Spoony and TB are at least aware of the fact that the Codex exists (granted they probably hate our guts just like 99% of the gaming sites out there), but even so an official letter carries a lot more weight than one from a random joe on the internet.

made

Arcane
Its nice its funded, but i would be disapointed if it dont reach the 1 million stretch goal, this game really deserves an npc daily schedule
Yeah. It's trending towards 900k atm on kicktraq. I hope they still manage to put them in if it's feasible somehow even if they don't quite reach the full mil.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I still found this Kickstarter campaign to be a bit weak. The pledge rewards were spaced out too much and there isn't any sense you are getting enough for the money you put down. $25 for the base game is great but why is it a limited tier? That makes the game look more expensive than others like Project Eternity even though Original Sin could end up being a smaller game in the end based on what we know about it.

Then, charging $10 or $20 more just for a single add-on that other Kickstarted games are giving by default, or in far greater quantities? That's kinda dumb, not necessarily because users *deserve* that but because everyone else has already set the "standard" and Larian decided not to follow it. if I'm going to spend $50 or more I expect to get the full digital goodie bag (big manual + art book + soundtrack + behind the scenes stuff).

While it might not have led to more backers, I think it would have caused a larger number of people to pay greater sums, especially those who don't care about Dragon Commander (and arguably throwing Dragon Commander in with the bundle could be taken as a sign that the developer isn't faithful of either product on their own, which could cause more harm than good).

catfood

AGAIN
Yeah. It's trending towards 900k atm on kicktraq. I hope they still manage to put them in if it's feasible somehow even if they don't quite reach the full mil.
Dunno. Larian seem to be plagued by the same curse that plagued Troika. Their hearts are in the right place, but they have difficulties in managing the finances. They already said that the Divinity Anthology thing that they did was not cost-effective. Now they also need to manage the physical goods for the backers. Granted there's not very many of them, but I hope that they manage to cover the costs and make some profit out of it aswell.

lar_q and ForkTong , did you ever consider simply making DOS instead of Dragon Commander as well? Or is making both games a safety net in case one of them tanks in sales?

Gord

Arcane
I think Spoony is more interested in the setting of Ultima than games that are inspired in certain ways by Ultima, so not sure he would even care much about it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Now all we need to do is stealthly redirect the funds from the pathetic codex torment campaign into the orgy sin one @_o

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
For all we know, Torment is another RTwP heresy.
Although if Darth Roxor wants to put his potato where his mouth is: http://www.rpgcodex.net/campaigns.php?id=3

Reading through recent update:
Confirmed: Coming to Linux & Mac!

It's about time, but we are extremely happy to announce that Divinity: Original Sin will now definitely be coming to Mac & Linux. We will do everything we can to ensure that the release dates are going to coincide with the Windows PC release, but if that doesn't happen, it will be shortly after.

:dance:
Soon I will be free of the Tyranny of windows!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The new update (just a quick Summary):

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts

Thank you!!!! You are the best!!!!

Wow! Funded in less than a fortnight! You are amazing!

And what a great community you are too. You have no idea how much ideas you gave us already by posting your question and feedback in the comments section and on our forum pages. Your belief in our ability to deliver is extremely motivating for us, and we will do our utter best not to disappoint you.

As a token of our appreciation, here’s a new video that contains a little gift to all of you in our community. You’ve been working very hard in getting people to notice our campaign and without you, we wouldn’t be funded today. Enjoy!

Paypal available now!

Also, now that the campaign is successful, paypal pledges are available. Click here to access our paypal pledge page:

http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/kickstart.php

Coming to Linux & Mac!

Digital add-ons

Divine Divinity Digital Version (Remastered, HD): add $5
Digital Artbook featuring the Art of Divinity Original Sin: add $8
Digital Map of the World of Divinity Original Sin: add $8
Digital Soundtrack of Divinity Original Sin: add $10
Extra Digital Copy of Divinity Original Sin: add $20
Beta Access for Divinity Original Sin: add $20
Alpha Access for Divinity Original Sin: add $50
T-Shirt of Divinity Original Sin: add $25 (Tshirts are available in S, M, L, XL and XXL)
Divinity Anthology – add $20
Fanday ticket – add $150
Limited edition Cloth Map: add $25
Limited edition Kickstarter Signed Poster of Divinity Original Sin: add $25

I didn't know there was a BETA access at 20$. Updated my pledge.

Jashiin

Arcane
Now they need to go all out to get to that million. Paypal, ideal payment on their own site. Get Penny Arcade to do one of their shit unfunny comics about the coop gameplay. Get one of them to write a piece about how LB fucked up and this is the real ultima fans should support, they love to rant. Better suggest it to RPS too... also send them a screenshot of a big female butt and enjoy the free butthurt articles they will do.

Reach out to all the guys you've reached out to and reach out to them again. And make sure your closing party has Belgian beers flowing in absurd quantities.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
pay for beta access~~
they should pay ME to play beta. I'm the best tester in town. especially for development tools.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Funded. Fuck yeah. Brofists to all the Codex for making me aware of this great endeavor.

:bro::bro::bro:
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
:bro::bro::bro::bro:
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png
brofist.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom