Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters III: Late Age Edition

Dayyālu

Arcane
4) Standard lobby, I don't want to look at weird lizardman art

It's extremely well done fetish art of Snake Dancers, kind Sir!

:nocountryforshitposters:

(You got a taste for blood, it seems. I dunno how glamour+blood performs)

Good pick for newer players is Ragha. Ragha is not on the chopping block its the one that chops. Also great nation overall.

Is Heat Ragha still the standard with Cold Ragha being the worst pick? With the changes to mounts Zhayedans will be even more *fun*.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ragha always was a true "dual kingdom" since your best sacreds are heat and your best mages are cold. Don't think anything changed.

Tanaka

Educated
Ok I'm back in on this one. Put me down for Ctis.

Oops forgot to vote:

1) Binding Diplomacy: Is this the in game Diplo option? Then yes?

2) Cataclysm N

3) MapNuke is Ugly prefer Good Looking Map

4) I find servers have more useful tools

Last edited:

TheDarkUrge

Educated
What will the turn timers be? Someone said 72 hours in the last thread, I can't retain interest with that big of breaks between turns especially during expansion. If it's 24 or 36 hours or less for the first bit I'll join as LA Abysia

1) I've heard binding diplomacy can cuck you in throne rushes and rituals bypass it allowing for some cheese so I wouldnt recommend strong diplo, weak diplo is good.
2) Cata after turn 80
3) No preference on maps
4) Blitzserver has some downtime problems due to being in Ukraine. Other than that the turn visualization is useful tool. As well as being able to download previous turns.

Dayyālu

Arcane
What will the turn timers be? Someone said 72 hours in the last thread,

I am a fan of the 24 h until turn 36 or so, then 48 h and switching to 72 during lategame (turn 60-65+). Complexity increases and burnout needs to be avoided.

1) I've heard binding diplomacy can cuck you in throne rushes and rituals bypass it allowing for some cheese so I wouldnt recommend strong diplo, weak diplo is good.

On yes it can. In the EA Codex game I could not save my ally being sieged on a Throne because the province was TECHNICALLY his and I could not attack.

Ok I'm back in on this one. Put me down for Ctis.

If I see Tomb Wyrms I'm going to go berserk. AT LEAST IT AINT ANOTHER BLOOD NATION

Pretenders for now:

Dayyalu: Andramania, Dog Republic
Optimist: Piconye, Legacy of the Prester King
Sinileva: Erytheia, Kingdom of Two Worlds
Baron Tahn: Agartha, Ktonian Dead
Hag: Xibalba, Return of the Zotz/ Ragha: Dual Kingdom/ Ulm: Black Forest
Coldcrow: Pyrene, Fucking Succubi Cant Go Wrong
Andnjord: Gath, Last of the Giants
Tanaka: Ctis, Desert Tombs
TheDarkUrge: Abysia, Blood of Humans

Popot and InD_ImaginE feel free to choose a nation with relative calm. Hag , likewise when you pick a definitive option. If someone else wanted to join and I missed it, feel free to ping me.

11 players is ... still quite the large game, I expected less (people dislike LA for some reason. Dunno why). Also we need someone to take Feminie to have ALL THREE Ind Successor State in the game. You know you want it.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
11 players is ... still quite the large game, I expected less (people dislike LA for some reason. Dunno why). Also we need someone to take Feminie to have ALL THREE Ind Successor State in the game. You know you want it.

There's only one Ind successor state, and that's glorious Piconhe.

*hits pipe*

Andnjord

Arcane
On yes it can. In the EA Codex game I could not save my ally being sieged on a Throne because the province was TECHNICALLY his and I could not attack.
Food saved for a later date gets an ingame NAP, real allies get a brofist a :love:for maximum cooperation.

Johannes

Arcane
I might join with Pythium.

I don't like Worthy Heroes due to some new heroes being gay and cringe (but don't care about that mod too much one way or another). And the Improved Casting AI mod fucks up with buff casting too much, making it worse for AI in some cases, which to me is unacceptable for such a mod.

I'd vouch for Gem Longevity though
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3270479661

And MapNuke map preferred, imo those both look and play better than ingame generator. You can do different layouts with it too.

TheDarkUrge

Educated

I don't like Worthy Heroes due to some new heroes being gay and cringe (but don't care about that mod too much one way or another). And the Improved Casting AI mod fucks up with buff casting too much, making it worse for AI in some cases, which to me is unacceptable for such a mod.

And MapNuke map preferred, imo those both look and play better than ingame generator. You can do different layouts with it too.
I will second the gem longevity mod I'd like to play with this if possible. Just lost an expansion fight because I burned my gems on the indies and not the enemy invading my personal space afterward :dead:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't care about the lore but some nations in vanilla get either no heroes or heroes that are so bad they are worse than normal recruitable mages for the nation while some get demigods.

Clear example of this is EA Berytos compared to EA Ermor.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Binding diplo: Y
Cataclysm: Y
Mapnuke: Y
Blitz: Y

mods: WH, gem longevity (very good suggestion, didn't know that existed)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Hmm this mod fixes the issue I had with the game since ages ago - in theory the game could be impossible to win in a situation where many players gang on one player with gem burning.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll pass on this game after all

Budget cycle for 2025 is coming next month and I will be utterly fucked with overtime from August to like November

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Okay I think Ive got a pretender. Its a bit shit but I want to learn some stuff, not played LA before so its a bit of a meme. Rather than win Im playing as Smith/Alchemists for hire so should be interesting for everyone if I survive into mid game.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Sign me up as Utgard.

Votes:
For inbuilt generator (only don't do donut caves, they are enormous)
AGAINST CATACLYSM!!!

EDIT: Utgard, not Midgard, I meant to say.

Last edited:

Baron Tahn

Scholar
What is a good setting for caves in mapgen vanilla do you have a recommend? Trying to test out some stuff for Agartha but its either huge caves on random that put me well ahead or too small with 4+ caves option.

Dayyālu

Arcane
What is a good setting for caves in mapgen vanilla do you have a recommend? Trying to test out some stuff for Agartha but its either huge caves on random that put me well ahead or too small with 4+ caves option.

No one. I cannot find good settings both in vanilla or mapnuke, caves are difficult to get properly. If I leave it to randomgen we get or huge or too small.

I'll experiment this week with some fixing, let's see what I can conjure.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Too small isn't an issue, cavemen can grab surface land freely.

I dont think nations like Xibalba needed a buff either.

I suggest a few pockets of small caves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom