Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 6

Popot

Augur
Today's update brought a new mechanic:
In this update Grand Communions are added.

From the not yet updated manual:
Some nations have perfected the communal casting of rituals. These public rituals are usually religious in nature and performed in the nation’s capital by ordained mage-priests.
When a mage with the Grand Communion ability casts a global ritual, other mages with the same ability can use the ‘Grand Communion’ order to increase the power of the primary caster, adding their skill level to the power of the ritual. This adds to the strength of the casting or dispel attempt by the Grand Communion.

Example: An Arch Theurg is casting dispel. In the same province there are three Theurgs and five Theurg Acolytes. The primary caster invests 12 extra gems to empower the dispel attempt. Two of the Theurgs and four of the Theurg Acolytes forego other activities and join the casting using the order ‘Grand Communion’. Dispel is an astral ritual so the astral scores of all joining members are added to the dispel attempt. The Theurgs each have an astral skill of 2 and the Acolytes have a skill of 1. The total added value is four for the Theurgs and four for the Acolytes bringing the total strength of the dispel attempt up to 20.

---

Units capable of joining Grand Communions
Pythium's Theurgs (MA and LA)
Marverni's Druids (not gutuater nor Stargazer)
Abysias Anathemants (All eras. Not Warlocks)
Ur (priest mages)
Uruk (Moon priests and Gala)
Mictlan (Priests in all eras. Not Nahualli)
Berytos (Brides and priests)
Gath (Kohen Gadol and Kohen)
Ermor (EA Pontifex and Flamen)

Also a few pretenders (such as the divine emperor) and some heroes.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Odd that Arco doesn't get it

I like that it mainly targets the older nations. I guess that's one way of finally being able to dispel a 999 BS overcast astral corruption?

TheDarkUrge

Educated
My Ermor game going great again now that we've stopped Agartha's throne rush.

https://streamable.com/pupw76 Yet another battle where someone doesnt cast earthquake versus thousands of my bone bros. Maybe he used all his gems to take it from the other guy who was here before me?

We've taken 2 thrones back from him and another person stopped his final army before he even claimed the final one for him to win. I have harassment parties in his cave cutting off his income and 7 harvesters of sorrow still flying around killing off even more. I think he's severely crippled at this point. I am casting well of misery this turn and plan on spamming wraith lords and wailing ladies. I attached an RP message along with my well of misery announcement to hopefully discourage people from trying to immediately dispel it, pretending the growth is a reward for destroying agartha lol. https://i.imgur.com/gSSWaPg.jpeg

My next step is finishing off Ind, who is being annoying with their demilich and hashmals. Hope I can win! :salute:

Trash Player

Augur
Odd that Arco doesn't get it

I like that it mainly targets the older nations. I guess that's one way of finally being able to dispel a 999 BS overcast astral corruption?
Slaves only count as half in terms of global strength. As of 6, AC is lv 9 Blood and researching and hunting are more demanding.
The opportunity cost is considerably higher now that it is irrelevant in smaller games.

Popot

Augur
I need some advice: in a MP LA game I'm playing, as Phlegra, Ctis is spamming these guys
Ksnip-20240607-211843.png

with this bless
Ksnip-20240607-211845.png

How do you counter this stuff? I can't smite them with priests because of their high MR and they're too tanky for my troops and mages. The game is at almost turn 30 and my only option seems to eat shit and die.

EDIT: if the pics don't load it's Tomb Wyrms with a blood vengeance+undead regeneration+reconstruction+fire and shock resistance+larger hellbless

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Saw a podcast that mentioned these things. At least they don't have fear. too Still, if it's turn 30, you're probably already fucked. My best idea is cubes, but I doubt you could make enough.

Dayyālu

Arcane
How do you counter this stuff? I can't smite them with priests because of their high MR and they're too tanky for my troops and mages. The game is at almost turn 30 and my only option seems to eat shit and die.

You remember the guy that took one of the most broken and unfun builds in the game and place him in your shitlist for eternity.

I don't think there's a good counter because if he can spam those guys he already has a summon engine up and you simply can't kill them fast enough. From a quick check Phlegra lacks easy anti-undead spells.... and he has Shock and Fire resist too. Shiet.

How's the diplo situation? Can you engineer a holy crusade against the Broken Snek? Sometimes in Dominions you win through diplomancy and not mechanics....

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I need some advice: in a MP LA game I'm playing, as Phlegra, Ctis is spamming these guys

with this bless

EDIT: if the pics don't load it's Tomb Wyrms with a blood vengeance+undead regeneration+reconstruction+fire and shock resistance+larger hellbless
SC with very high MR and regen, those snakes do no actual damage. It can spend infinite turns killing them each battle.

Damned Registrations

with this bless

SC with very high MR and regen, those snakes do no actual damage. It can spend infinite turns killing them each battle.
Assuming he doesn't have a mage sitting behind them to fuck your SC over.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

with this bless

Assuming he doesn't have a mage sitting behind them to fuck your SC over.
Mages kill literally everything in this game so your comment is irrelevant.

LA C'tis can bane fire and that will cook SCs but if he has that a ton of undead and can bring it all to bear then you should try diplo instead as a viable solution.

Damned Registrations

Mages don't kill Tomb Wyrms, the blood vengeance pops them. :smug:

Anyways, the thing I was getting at is that the counter to the Wyrms is going to be super obvious, especially since you'll have to use it over and over as he keeps summoning them. He'll easily adapt his scripting to specifically fuck you over, since the Wyrms will kill anything else with just the bless. Realistically, you're not going to be able to handle them by yourself using something you can only deploy in one spot at a time over and over again, and it's not like you can afford to replace the SC the way he can replace his sacreds.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
Assuming he doesn't have a mage sitting behind them to fuck your SC over
There’s always the chance that he forgot to script them on Advance and Cast “fabulously optimistic” but that’s doubtful if he knows he’s facing cyclops+Laestrygonians.

How about a Golem with Chains of Recostruction (the innanimate regen item), and a few slaves casting Astral Tempest? That should fuck up his mages since they shouldn’t have too much MR.

Never mind, the fuckers have 17 MR.

But either way, Antimagic is mandatory for you to have a hope of using your troops and mages at a minimum.

EDIT: Oh, it's not even turn 30. Well crap.

Last edited:

Trash Player

Augur
Frozen Heart can snipe living commanders if they don't bring other living troops. But it at best works once. They have native undead priests. Alt 6 is a demanding research goal for turn 30, LA besides. The spell itself is rather wanting of decisive power. The sheer production capability alone makes the game hopeless.
LA C'tis is banned in a good part of the MP community atm for good reasons. Is this a newbie game? Is the C'tis player taking advantage of that and being "That Guy"?

TheDarkUrge

Educated

with this bless

This is kind of like lictor spam with BV you can't counter it. Except this is worse as far as I understand because they reanimate them much faster than lictors once they get going with the spam at temples. Best bet is diplomacy and praying you get enough people to beat their asses. In the meantime maybe try debuffing with whatever you have that makes them worse in combat. Twilight phase should get rid off their regeneration I think

Trash Player

Augur
False damage bypass regeneration. But he is playing pre-eruption LA Phlegra, which has mostly elemental paths and a little bit of S on cap mages.

Andnjord

Arcane
Cyclope Smith have good MR, so they'd be able able to tank the BV no problem with Body Ethereal fluffers and some armor, and if he has significant numbers of wyrm already it means he must have very few mages due to having mostly spammed the priests. Trouble is, what can cyclops do to actually kill them in time?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Those stuff are dead if left without an Undead commander right?

Is there any way to get to the backline? But even if this works he will just start the Snakes on backline next time you have a fight

I guess this is why I read that LA C'tis is outright banned right now like EA Ubar

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Those stuff are dead if left without an Undead commander right?

Is there any way to get to the backline? But even if this works he will just start the Snakes on backline next time you have a fight

I guess this is why I read that LA C'tis is outright banned right now like EA Ubar
They arent mindless so I dont think so.

Popot

Augur
Thanks for the info, it looks like the game is fucked. It's a 7 players public game where 2 have gone AI in the first turns, 2 are killing each other for petty reasons and the last 3 are me and another guy (playing Atlantis) trying to fight C'tis. I tried to get an anti-lizard coalition going but the only player cooperating is Atlantis, who had to hide in the water because he got rushed by the snakes.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I tried to get an anti-lizard coalition going but the only player cooperating is Atlantis, who had to hide in the water because he got rushed by the snakes.

If LA Atlantis didn't manage to break them before the disaster (and LA Atlantis has some premiere anti-undead capabilities if properly employed) you have essentially no chance. Public games are iffy in that regard, sadly.

Simply organize more Codex games! It's not like I have the exclusivity.

Trash Player

Augur
Cyclope Smith have good MR, so they'd be able able to tank the BV no problem with Body Ethereal fluffers and some armor, and if he has significant numbers of wyrm already it means he must have very few mages due to having mostly spammed the priests. Trouble is, what can cyclops do to actually kill them in time?
That's the point. It is really the economy that make this a hopeless war.

Keepers of the Tombs, the reanimator priests, are mages too. They cost 155g and 2 CP per piece. Yep, you read that right. For 465g and 2 cap turns, 3 wyrms per turn for the rest of the game. C'tis in all ages have the advantage of having their best mages recruitable anywhere. If they want to hit research goal fast, like Alt5/6, they can do it in reasonable time and have the mages to dish out the firepower. Wyrms + Drain Life will make most living SCs useless.

Popot

Augur
Your tips worked for this battle, my poor oppressor didn't get away in time sadly. I hope my opponent doesn't get any wiser.
Ksnip-20240608-220546.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom