Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 6

Popot

Augur
Oppressor casts Body Ethereal, Lion (N5 F2) casts Personal Regeneration, Barkskin and Fire Shield then attacks. Battle happened in friendly dominion, my pretender had 250 HP and tanked the snakes without breaking a sweat. I was surprised by the result.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Oppressor casts Body Ethereal, Lion (N5 F2) casts Personal Regeneration, Barkskin and Fire Shield then attacks. Battle happened in friendly dominion, my pretender had 250 HP and tanked the snakes without breaking a sweat. I was surprised by the result.

You did extremely well and I hope Ctis is seething. Parade around your victory and hope the others jump in.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Nicely played. Golden Lion is almost invulnerable to non magic attacks. Those poor mummy snakes had little chance. :M

TheDarkUrge

Educated
t4dDeaa.png

Here's another LA CTIS build just posted by a player in my game I am thankfully dead in. Apparently not only are those things free you can do it while being sieged like a ritual instead of reanimation so it's not cancelable. I think this one is even worse because of the fear, your god probably would have ran away against these ones.

Anyway, will the next dom6 rpgcodex game be posted in this thread or somewhere else if I want to join?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
t4dDeaa.png

Here's another LA CTIS build just posted by a player in my game I am thankfully dead in. Apparently not only are those things free you can do it while being sieged like a ritual instead of reanimation so it's not cancelable. I think this one is even worse because of the fear, your god probably would have ran away against these ones.

Anyway, will the next dom6 rpgcodex game be posted in this thread or somewhere else if I want to join?

We haven't even started the second.

Someone other than Dayyu prolly need to host

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Your tips worked for this battle, my poor oppressor didn't get away in time sadly. I hope my opponent doesn't get any wiser.
Ksnip-20240608-220546.png
If he is using single commanders assassination would be extremely effective too. Don't Atlantis have a remote assassin spell too?

Dayyālu

Arcane
If he is using single commanders assassination would be extremely effective too. Don't Atlantis have a remote assassin spell too?

Yes, Send Tupilak. It's an undead assassin with a D3W1 requirement, but it's Ench 5 so kinda reachable even for turn 30.

Trash Player

Augur
Tomb King is no pajama man, especially with that hell bless. One has 65 hp, 16 def, and a 31 damages attack with enlarged.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Tomb King is no pajama man, especially with that hell bless. One has 65 hp, 16 def, and a 31 damages attack with enlarged.
Yes but its going to go retarded offscript and spam holy spells while getting whacked by assassins.

Andnjord

Arcane
From the limited knowledge we can get from this single battle I do have the suspicion that he either has few mages available for combat or no worthwhile magic researched to justify committing these mages into combat.

Unfortunately Drain Life is Alt5, right before Darkness at Alt6 which is certainly a major research goal for him. What kind of magic have you seen him use so far?

You might have a good window of opportunity where you could make good use of Laestrigonians with ring of regen, stone skin and fire shield otherwise.

Trash Player

Augur
You might have a good window of opportunity where you could make good use of Laestrigonians with ring of regen, stone skin and fire shield otherwise.
Unless it changed in 6, the tyrants wake up around the time imprisoned pretenders break free.

Johannes

Arcane
t4dDeaa.png

Pretenders are morale 30, they will never fail a morale check.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
t4dDeaa.png

Pretenders are morale 30, they will never fail a morale check.
That explains why my lemur consuls try to beat everyone's ass no matter what the odds look like. Some immortals still rout but not them

TheDarkUrge

Educated
6ulN4U2.jpeg
About to win my first MP game ever as Ermor and one thing I noticed is the insane amount of lines I keep drawing. I've pinned CTIS in their capital with harvesters killing their pop as their slow god tries to group their stacks together for a final fight. My main army is filled with 4 wraith lords just SW of my capital. Funny how the closest throne to me ended up being the last for me to capture. I thank agartha for taking all the heat off of me with his throne rush and getting himself coalitioned in the process. Ctis was still regrouping after taking a throne from agartha when I attacked.

Despite Agartha's throne rush making it easier at the end of the game I mainly attribute my success to crippling Ind early. Their priest lines are terrifying to fight against, and had Ind managed to get a critical mass of them I imagine they would wipe me easily. Ind even managed a retake of their capital with just trash nonsacred chaff and a few priests while I was busy dealing with Ulm. I had virtually zero problem with anyone else, pythium managed to lose his grand archon god storming my fort filled with just regular longdeads because he fatigued out lol. Somehow I have still not been earthquaked, but that spell wouldn't be effective against my good stacks of lictors/wailing ladies/wraithlords anyway.

I had a lot of fun with Ermor and they'd be a flawless nation for me if there was some way to fix their research speed without having to find indie mages.

Harthwain

Magister
I just found out there is Warhammer Dark Fantasy mod for Dominions 6 (called Sombre Warhammer). This made me extra curious about the game itself. Did anyone here play the mod? If so, what are your impressions? From what little I saw of it on YouTube looked very impressive.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I just found out there is Warhammer Dark Fantasy mod for Dominions 6 (called Sombre Warhammer). This made me extra curious about the game itself. Did anyone here play the mod? If so, what are your impressions? From what little I saw of it on YouTube looked very impressive.
There is a ton of mods for multiple fantasy series, including HoMM nation mods. Warhammer fantasy are also quite often played in MP for mod games.

But ultimately its just a mod that plays in Dom using its rules ie its still basically a Dominions game.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I think most people are still trying to figure out the extremely in-depth and complicated main game and don't bother with mods. I will say though that spark of divinity looks really fun, and it's not a complete overhaul which is nice to be familiar with most units already. :bounce:

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Warhammer seems to also add various unique faction mechanics, like for example Nurgle spreading different kinds of plague and warriors getting upgraded after getting enough exp. Also sprites look very pretty. I wish they updated vanila sprites as well.

With some interesting caveats: "balance" does not even come near those mods.
But who cares about balance when it is fun to play?:M

Johannes

Arcane
If it's too unbalanced, it's not fun for long. But vanilla dominions isn't very balanced either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom