Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dominions 6

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Was fiddling around with EA Rlyeh trying to see if I could get the freespawn doing some work for me, now that you can cram 10 in a tile I figured maybe they're actually pretty useful? No. No they are not. Everything underwater has a fucking spear and repels the ever loving shit out of them. Bit of a shame. Can't really buff them or anything either. Seems their only function is to fill gaps in formations a bit, but they're honestly not contributing much, despite being tankier than slave lobos. They're also not mindless, so they can rout, and they're not amphibious. Not even good for seige strength really. Bit disappointing, I wanted an underwater zergling swarm.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1706112203633.png

Johannes

Arcane
Welp, there's this thing:

COnAMNy.png

Sounds like the "smart" mounts return to the cap automatically to provide recruitment bonus, and I suppose the non-smart ones just disappear after combat. Kinda lame.

Still no word on what happens to the rider losing a mount. Is that even a thing? I doubt they'd do a "dismounted" sprite for each of like 500 riders in the game.
There's separate sprites for both mounts and riders now.

mondblut

Arcane
Welp, there's this thing:

COnAMNy.png

Sounds like the "smart" mounts return to the cap automatically to provide recruitment bonus, and I suppose the non-smart ones just disappear after combat. Kinda lame.

Still no word on what happens to the rider losing a mount. Is that even a thing? I doubt they'd do a "dismounted" sprite for each of like 500 riders in the game.
There's separate sprites for both mounts and riders now.

Dom6inspector's got a lot of updating to do. It doesn't even display description texts anymore.

mondblut

Arcane
It is. They will either dessert or go back to capital so next X (rider safely arrived at capital/fort) recruitment will be 50% off

That's lame, too. The mounts I do get, but keeping dismounted riders around as infantry makes much more sense than having them limp back to the capital to be re-recruited (and losing all experience, I'd wager). Especially since they bothered to make actual sprites for them. They could be automatically remounted at the capital like Ragha gryphon riders instead. Or even at any fort, if they aren't sacred.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was fiddling around with EA Rlyeh trying to see if I could get the freespawn doing some work for me, now that you can cram 10 in a tile I figured maybe they're actually pretty useful? No. No they are not. ... Bit disappointing, I wanted an underwater zergling swarm.
With Rlyeh, what you are really doing is creating a gigantic meat wall for your mind blasters and mages.
But that meat wall will be weak, no matter what you put in it.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Mortmal

Arcane
Army of darkness advancing:
A few good priests in front, and they will dispel hundreds of them easily. I don't think MA Ermor is good anymore; a productivity-oriented dominion is better. In Ermor, you spend your precious gems to recruit mages, while anyone else just uses gold. You get a lot of free spawn, but they are just chaff most of the time, and the few good ones, lictors and unholy knights, require micro to sort out. With the amount of gold you get by default with everyone else, you can easily build forts and maximize the defenses of every province to 100, which are better than Ermor chaff, and then recruit the very best units every time.

Dayyālu

Arcane
popkill nations with freespawn chaff are always very difficult. it's not that they are difficult to play, their playstyle is usually trivial, but they're so one-note, easily countered and diplomatically toxic. As much as Dominions tried to give more value to troops, a good mage phalanx can obliterate untold numbers of chaff, and undead chaff is particularly easy to obliterate.

I don't think I've ever seen a popkill nation win a single game.

Very fun in SP tho.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
popkill nations with freespawn chaff are always very difficult. it's not that they are difficult to play, their playstyle is usually trivial, but they're so one-note, easily countered and diplomatically toxic. As much as Dominions tried to give more value to troops, a good mage phalanx can obliterate untold numbers of chaff, and undead chaff is particularly easy to obliterate.

Do mage script will spam the Undead Banish Divine Spell when applicable? Or will they still do random shit if they have other Path?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Do mage script will spam the Undead Banish Divine Spell when applicable? Or will they still do random shit if they have other Path?

If you have actual mage-priests you want them to spam actual spells unless its a banish communion. Even fire flies are comparable to a normal lvl1 banish but it scales well.

Johannes

Arcane
MA Ermor is also weakened by not being able to dump scales as much as before, cant get as big of a bless as before. And the scale they might actually want to max, luck, you now have a malus to.

Mortmal

Arcane
Think nations with giants are better than ever, much more than pop kill nations indeed. I just have one question: some shackled mages have communion slave in the unit description, and oppressors have communion master. Does that mean they are automatically in communion, or do I have to script each of them to cast it like before?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom