Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Upon eastern shores and sunkissed sands, the Lords of Fortune no longer hold dominion over the coasts of Rivain—not when dragons are growing bolder and laying waste to their ships.
Commissioned art of Antiva by Nipuni
Antiva by Nipuni — Twitter | Instagram
I have a strange urge to go to those mass of rainbow-colorerd retweets on the news and thank them for support...the support artist in their news gives for Palestine in her retweets. Internet loves such stuff, maybe with a couple of hashtags like #ThedasforPalestine.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Turning our focus to your closest kitchen, if you’re looking for a fun gift this holiday season or want to try some Thedosian dishes yourself, we’ve got you covered with Dragon Age: The Official Cookbook: Tastes of Thedas...

Keep an eye out for the opportunity to submit your creation for a chance to win a BioWare Gear Store package, including the brand-new Morrigan romance bundle! Details on that giveaway will be posted next week.
I was going to say that the cookbook was stupid but paying to get a letter from your RPG girlfriend is so much worse that it blows the cringe from the cookbook completely out of the water.

Shaja

Educated
Upon eastern shores and sunkissed sands, the Lords of Fortune no longer hold dominion over the coasts of Rivain—not when dragons are growing bolder and laying waste to their ships.
Commissioned art of Antiva by Nipuni
Antiva by Nipuni — Twitter | Instagram
I have a strange urge to go to those mass of rainbow-colorerd retweets on the news and thank them for support...the support artist in their news gives for Palestine in her retweets. Internet loves such stuff, maybe with a couple of hashtags like #ThedasforPalestine.
Interesting... don´t Dragon Age fangirls look like the German girl whose naked corpse was paraded by the palestinians while being spitted?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Turning our focus to your closest kitchen, if you’re looking for a fun gift this holiday season or want to try some Thedosian dishes yourself, we’ve got you covered with Dragon Age: The Official Cookbook: Tastes of Thedas...

Keep an eye out for the opportunity to submit your creation for a chance to win a BioWare Gear Store package, including the brand-new Morrigan romance bundle! Details on that giveaway will be posted next week.
I was going to say that the cookbook was stupid but paying to get a letter from your RPG girlfriend is so much worse that it blows the cringe from the cookbook completely out of the water.

I kind of like the romance bundle, though they missed the opportunity to pair it with a body pillow. It's a great way to ensure this shit doesn't follow us into another generation. Let's put an end to this now.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Might as well offer a Morrigan fleshlight at this point...

edit: 65$ for this shit? WTF.

edit2: the box isn't even real wood, it's cheap MDF. Gaming collectibles are a whole new level of grift.

:shredder:

Cheesedragon117

Educated
I am doing my part
1Alk1VO.jpg

"Anime" would seem to contradict the other two tags, no?

Really, don't understand why "Anime" is so often just randomly tossed out as some kind of insult.
On the contrary, I find that the majority of the most shit Western RPG series are decidedly un-anime, at least from the standpoint of having
  • Bad animations and cutscenes.
  • Merely passable animations and cutscenes.
  • Unsatisfying combat.
  • A lack of visual panache and flair.
  • No bold or particularly coherent visual style.
To provide examples for my point, Supergiant Games' titles are anime, The Elder Scrolls is un-anime.

I am doing my part
1Alk1VO.jpg

"Anime" would seem to contradict the other two tags, no?

Really, don't understand why "Anime" is so often just randomly tossed out as some kind of insult.
On the contrary, I find that the majority of the most shit Western RPG series are decidedly un-anime, at least from the standpoint of having
  • Bad animations and cutscenes.
  • Merely passable animations and cutscenes.
  • Unsatisfying combat.
  • A lack of visual panache and flair.
  • No bold or particularly coherent visual style.
To provide examples for my point, Supergiant Games' titles are anime, The Elder Scrolls is un-anime.
Bioware is one of the first western companies that tried to capture a weeb-lite vibe after FF7. They don't hide it. But I take it as meaning it's bad anime, like SAO.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
This is getting more and more surreal.

Full gameplay presentation ten years after the release of the previous part.

Cities that look like rejected material from the Inquisition.

Absolutely zero information about the nature of the game itself.

The plot is supposed to revolve around a boring elf with an egg-shaped head.

And romance bundle with your very personal engagement ring to engage for your fantasy waifu XD

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Does everyone know the significance of the purple?
Purple is the most important color for the alphabet people. Source: one of my sisters is a dyke.

But why?
No idea, I never asked. For me purple will always be a royal color.

Purple was used by the Roman aristocracy, but this is probably not a case.

It must have something to do with the trend of 1980s revival. I guess it seeped into the mainstream that LGBT are a part of, so eighies purple got mixed up with it... or something like that.

Lodis

Educated
I'm not sure who the "morrigan romance bundle" is supposed to appeal to. Like even if you're some hardcore waifufag over a digital woman you romanced in a game 14 years ago it still looks like shit. They should've just made a decent quality figure or something but Bioware probably can't afford that.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
LOOK NEW TEASER OF THE TEASER OF THE TEASER OF THE TEASER OF THE TEASER

I'm dying to know how this turns out. Either it really resonates with all the degenerates out there or Bioware finds themselves in a new RPG landscape where they're as obsolete as Bethesda made themselves.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Purple is the most important color for the alphabet people. Source: one of my sisters is a dyke.

But why?

It must have something to do with the trend of 1980s revival. I guess it seeped into the mainstream that LGBT are a part of, so eighies purple got mixed up with it... or something like that.
I think it is baby boy blue and little girl pink combined into one gender neutral purple.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

But why?

I think it is baby boy blue and little girl pink combined into one gender neutral purple.

I think purple as a symbol of the "ironic" eighties predates the "bisexual" use of the sign. But one thing does not exclude the other. There is a difference between signifié and signifiant. With the popularization of purple, a new meaning has been added to it, perhaps in the way you are talking about.

2014:

FC3_Blood_Dragon_Cover.jpg

2023:

header.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom