Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age impressions

Vibalist

Arcane
Black said:
Vibalist said:
Darth Roxor said:
Achtung, Biowhore lovers are slowly emerging from their pits, proceed with caution and exterminate on sight.

I'm not a Bioware lover by any stretch, but I'd like to see something that actually qualifies as real critique/praise instead of the usual extreme negativity.
You have Gaider in your fucking avatar, go to hell.

It's for fun.

Black

Arcane
Vibalist said:
Black said:
Vibalist said:
Darth Roxor said:
Achtung, Biowhore lovers are slowly emerging from their pits, proceed with caution and exterminate on sight.

I'm not a Bioware lover by any stretch, but I'd like to see something that actually qualifies as real critique/praise instead of the usual extreme negativity.

It's for fun.
How

Vibalist

Arcane
Black said:
Vibalist said:
Black said:
Vibalist said:
Darth Roxor said:

It's for fun.
How

'Cause the avater is there and gaider looks funny.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Vibalist said:
I'm not a Bioware lover by any stretch, but...

Oh, and I didn't specify you exactly, didn't I? We have a proverb in Polish saying 'uderz w stół, a odezwą się nożyce', which roughly translates to 'hit the table, and you'll hear the scissors' :smug:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Got it to run with the skidrow crack. First thing I noticed is the music. Very nice. Graphics look fine but are nothing spectacular. I do like the artwork in the journals, loading screens and the like. Very fitting and atmospheric. There are quite some skills to pick during character creation. Some of those based on your stats. You can also make quite a monster with the face thingie if you're so inclined. Started out as a human noble. First thing that really springs out is that your character's dialogue is either as goody two shoes or spoiled little bitch. Hope this changes, but my own character annoys the fuck out of me so far. The origin is what Troika tried but failed to do adequately. It's a nice little introduction to your character and sets things up rather good so far. You can also play through it rather quickly, but that can be just me running through at breakneck speed. I'll play for a bit more and then most likely try another character. So far I'm enjoying myself although I'm a bit concerned about the quality of the story and dialogue.

PS: Annoying glittering things that you can pick up can be turned off in the options screen. Hard difficulty is rather easy so far. Then again, I'm just starting.

Vibalist

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Vibalist said:
I'm not a Bioware lover by any stretch, but...

Oh, and I didn't specify you exactly, didn't I? We have a proverb in Polish saying 'uderz w stół, a uderzą się nożyce', which roughly translates to 'hit the table, and you'll hear the scissors' :smug:

I just got banned from Bio forums for bitching about DA. I'm not a fan of them, but if the game is actually a step up and if someone actually has something worthwhile to say about it, I'd like to see that instead of this thread turning into the usual bitch fest where the intelligent posters wont even bother to show up.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Vibalist said:
Could we get some actual, detailed feedback on the game instead of all you whiners speculating about difficulty and throwing fits over a game nobody is forcing you to play?
I'll get the game when it's out and post my impressions. Also, it looks like I'll be reviewing it for a certain prestigious magazine.

Qkieu

Educated
Darth Roxor, I think that they have an equivalent in english too: Every why has a wherefore.

Not 100% sure about that, though

hiver

Vault Dweller said:
Also, it looks like I'll be reviewing it for a certain prestigious magazine.
That so? I wonder will they publish it in the end.

Vault Dweller

Developer
baronjohn said:
Gameplay: ruined by the auto-ressurection and auto-heal and auto-mana regenerate after each encounter. At one point everyone but my dog (I named him skyway) died, I ran forward through several rooms of enemies (because, your dog can open doors) until I finally stumbled upon a safe point when my whole party was restored right there and an animated sequence played. The character portrait actually changes to a fucking decaying skull when you're dropped, implying to anyone with a brain that that character is dead and won't just stand up and heal in ten seconds. What the fuck?
So, the entire gameplay revolves around running through rooms of enemies and auto-healing? Cool impressions, bro.

Writing, story: Jesus fucking christ, it's like you took a bunch of dumbass celebrities and put them on an island with castles and orcs and shit. I swear to god I've never cringed so much in my life. Will Bioware buy me a new ESC key? Because I think I'm gonna use mine up if I decide to continue.
Trying too hard.

baronjohn

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
Writing, story: Jesus fucking christ, it's like you took a bunch of dumbass celebrities and put them on an island with castles and orcs and shit. I swear to god I've never cringed so much in my life. Will Bioware buy me a new ESC key? Because I think I'm gonna use mine up if I decide to continue.
Trying too hard.
Yeah sure. And then you meet a clever 20something gorgeous witch in full makeup with a loose cloth over her tits who talks in awkward Shakespearian language.

I would die of embarrasment if anyone saw me playing this shit.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
baronjohn said:
Maybe peeps with childish minds and manners can stand it, but I require my fiction to be of higher quality than say Buffy The Vampire Slayer, which is about the level on which DA:O is.

I liked Buffy. The singing episode was awesome.

Project: Eternity
Hm, just read this in the manual:

Injuries

So long as at least one of your party members survives a fight, those who fall in combat revive themselves once
all enemies are dead—but their sustained injuries apply penalties to their attributes. To remedy an injury, use
an injury kit on the character or rest up in your camp. Injuries are visible in the character record as a small red
icon next to your character.

For those that are playing, does this actually have a noticeable effect or can you just rest after every fight/"injury kits" are plentiful?

Vault Dweller

Developer
baronjohn said:
Vault Dweller said:
Trying too hard.
Yeah sure. And then you meet a clever 20something gorgeous witch in full makeup with a loose cloth over her tits ....
How horrible. You're lucky that you've survived this encounter.

...who talks in awkward Shakespearian language.
And since you're an expert on the "Shakespearian language"...

I would die of embarrasment if anyone saw me playing this shit.
Surely there are other, less obvious ways to score the local cool points?

baronjohn

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
How horrible. You're lucky that you've survived this encounter.
Why are you angry with me that the game is shit? It is not my fault.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I'm not angry. I'm merely pointing out that your impressions contain less details than a mainstream review and excel only in letting everyone know that you think the game is embarrassing shit and want to be the next skyway.

Aditya

Educated
Also, if this game is shit, why this guy wants to play it further? Surely, not to bitch some more??

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom