Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

sosmoflux

Educated
6cVBigs.png

Ah sweet. Man-made horrors beyond my comprehension.

Shitposter
Who is this actually meant to appeal to?
Most of people, presumably. (not including this shithole, presumably)

The people who want flashy action game combat are going to hate constantly pausing
Won't be pausing or learn to pausing. They're going to behave similarly to that of Mass Effect games.

type comments
Reaching, copeposting.

6cVBigs.png

Ah sweet. Man-made horrors beyond my comprehension.
Looks fine.

Like damn, it's all comes down to "I don't like purple" for some reason lmao. Nitpick harder, come on.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The same thing happens with orcs. They’ve gone from being monsters symbolizing the ravages of industry—murderous, destructive, and rapists—to being portrayed as ethnic humans with tusks, bound by honor and tribal traditions.
The original sin being WarCraft 3, I believe?
The NWN original campaign had the noble savage tribal half-orc and came out a month before WC3

It's unlikely, unthinkable even, that both Blizzard and Bioware came up with the same idea at more or less the same time. They got it from somewhere else, they're degenerate faggots, but they don't have original ideas.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
I just hate that elves are now just humans that have pointy ears.

It is funny that BioWare is using the Frostbite engine to render their fantasy races to just look like normal people in cheap FX make-up. The Qunaris and Elves in this game look like they’re from some low budget hipster movie where they just grabbed some regular looking people and put some fake ears or a pair of horns on them.
It's Bioware laziness, lack of talent and ambition

Doesn't matter what "engine" they use to render their garbage

damager

Arbiter
Speaking for trannification fo elfes / elfes looking like normal dudes with pointy ears. I was just opening battle.net and was greeted by this

bjsanYi.png

That's no WoW nelf that's a fuckin fatfaced emoboy in cosplay again. Follwing the same trend. I mean it's more nuanced here put you can't help and notice it on all western AAA studios fantasy material lately.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
"Why does my character class have abilities I can use?!?!?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!" - fine, just don't use them.
Literally. If you actually think BG's gameplay of "click on enemy > watch fighter paperdoll swing tiny sword" is fun you're being nostalgic and retarded.
That's what BG was, RTwP bolted onto a turn based system. And people loved it at the time. It boring now, but adding clicks to give an illusion of gameplay doesn't solve that boredom. It's still retarded and boring.

Turn based is the only way, RTwP is like larping. Disgusting.

Shitposter
elfes looking like normal dudes with pointy ears
Do we have to restart another retarded discussion every single time some other random retard bin ladin stumbling to this thread complaining that "Elf is just man with pointy ear"?

RTwP is like larping. Disgusting
I have a hot iron rod with the same width and length as your rectum, open up boi and recite shahada

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The same thing happens with orcs. They’ve gone from being monsters symbolizing the ravages of industry—murderous, destructive, and rapists—to being portrayed as ethnic humans with tusks, bound by honor and tribal traditions.
The original sin being WarCraft 3, I believe?
The NWN original campaign had the noble savage tribal half-orc and came out a month before WC3

It's unlikely, unthinkable even, that both Blizzard and Bioware came up with the same idea at more or less the same time. They got it from somewhere else, they're degenerate faggots, but they don't have original ideas.
TBH, it might have been as early as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_Adventures:_Lord_of_the_Clans

I'm not sure, having never had a chance to play it, but the plot summary does suggest injun reservations as inspiration. And the noble savage is just one tiny step from that.

Semiurge

Cipher
Witcher 3 had very realistic melee combat
Witcher 3 swings his swords like they're made of papier-mache and are about ten inches long. One look at real people trained to fight with real swords proved that W3 combat is twitchy unrealistic garbage.

Alright, but it's still more realistic than that MMO-style dancing / flying.

Bioware shills are really trying to pretend that people are excited to see more of this ugly abomination.

zyjykCD.png

Why does she look perpetually angry?

:troll:

notpl

Arbiter
Witcher 3 had very realistic melee combat
Witcher 3 swings his swords like they're made of papier-mache and are about ten inches long. One look at real people trained to fight with real swords proved that W3 combat is twitchy unrealistic garbage.
He is literally not human. "Realism" is a terrible metric by which to judge fiction, especially fantasy. "Verisimiltude" is better: is this internally consistent? If it establishes rules, does it then adhere to them? Human enemies in Witcher 3 even frequently comment on Geralt's unnatural speed with their combat barks, if I remember right. Witchers are fantasy monsters created to fight other fantasy monsters, a group of regular humans trying to fight one should be functionally identical to chucking them all into a running blender.

-M-

Learned
The biggest problem with Witcher 3 (and 2) is that success in combat is almost exclusively equipment based rather than character based. Don't build up the myth of the witcher and then have his sword hit with the ferocity of a cardboard tube. A sharp piece of metal should always do a minimum amount of damage. Witcher 1 did this right by having only marginal benefits between different weapons.

In other words, the loot system is garbage.

notpl

Arbiter
The biggest problem with Witcher 3 (and 2) is that success in combat is almost exclusively equipment based rather than character based. Don't build up the myth of the witcher and then have his sword hit with the ferocity of a cardboard tube. A sharp piece of metal should always do a minimum amount of damage. Witcher 1 did this right by having only marginal benefits between different weapons.

In other words, the loot system is garbage.
Yeah, there's a lot to dislike about it, I just think "the fantasy creature with super strength is swinging a heavy piece of metal too quickly" is a bad argument.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Bioware shills are really trying to pretend that people are excited to see more of this ugly abomination.

zyjykCD.png

This... This is too much.

Welp. I unironically regret ever treating the topic of female looks in games with any nuance or good will. Fuck that.
To create a face like this you need an agenda or Prosper.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

ChatGPT about Failguard :

8Rk6yc2.png

b0jBbMw.png

Note, I asked gpt to ignore journos. My input was : "Scrap the internet and give me the impressions from public(excluding journos) about Dragon Age Failguard". So yes, is not only Codex which has negative perception of Failguard. Even freaking Reddit and retardera is criticizing Failguard. Where is the positive reception in this game? Among journos?

MerchantKing

Learned

ChatGPT about Failguard :

8Rk6yc2.png

b0jBbMw.png

Note, I asked gpt to ignore journos. My input was : "Scrap the internet and give me the impressions from public(excluding journos) about Dragon Age Failguard". So yes, is not only Codex which has negative perception of Failguard. Even freaking Reddit and retardera is criticizing Failguard. Where is the positive reception in this game? Among journos?
The complaint about Marvel movie dialogue is funny. It's almost like they've never played BG1+2.

Semiurge

Cipher

Dragon Age: The Veilguard drops a 10-minute combat deep dive video, and it might just have sold me on giving BioWare's latest RPG a whirl​

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/d...ing-biowares-latest-rpg-a-whirl/#comment-jump

So they did take some notes from Witchers, judging by the rolling.

The bunnyrabbit jumping and warrior magic powers look stupid as always.

zyjykCD.png

This... This is too much.

Welp. I unironically regret ever treating the topic of female looks in games with any nuance or good will. Fuck that.
To create a face like this you need an agenda or Prosper.

Taash is probably the only qunari in this who looks like a horned, blue-skinned black man. Figures, since it's your romanceable party member. The rest of them probably look like beefcake prettyboys.

Oh yeah, the assassin guy's full name is Lucanis Dellamorte, 2edgy4U. And the Steam forum has been overrun with Biobots and reseterans. It looks like a wine mom chatroom now, more or less.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom