Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Lol, you fight 2 "gods" in Failguard and they keep the others for the NEXT DA game. These people are out of their minds.
Edit: Pronouns in your face "like in Starfield". Also the MC is a guy they literally pick from a bar.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
DcLJM0u.png
Well at least they brought back everyone's favorite section from Origins =)

jackofshadows

Arcane
Apparently a leak:

WNeoIY.jpg

SFQO8h.jpg
What a weird summary for a "leak".

Game is woke? No fucking shit dude had no idea.

Romances could be gender locked - that's a plus dumbass.

Solas sidelined? What a you, another thirsty gurl or something? Another plus.

Feedback about game being woke ignored. Another breaking news rite.

Fade is boring? Well it was boring in Origins too. Was even a mod to skip it.

Far removed from Origins - if that wasn't obvious enough.

The ending sucks. Ok I guess.

Like seriously, where's the bombshell?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
What a weird summary for a "leak".

Game is woke? No fucking shit dude had no idea.

Romances could be gender locked - that's a plus dumbass.

Solas sidelined? What a you, another thirsty gurl or something? Another plus.

Feedback about game being woke ignored. Another breaking news rite.

Fade is boring? Well it was boring in Origins too. Was even a mod to skip it.

Far removed from Origins - if that wasn't obvious enough.

The ending sucks. Ok I guess.

Like seriously, where's the bombshell?
No bombshell, just a confirmation of this trash being a trainwreck, from a playtester who in the video gave enough info to be identified even though he signed an NDA.
The only bombshell could be that they are considering a new DA game after this one.
Relax, we're here to laugh.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
You will suffer in eternity, abomination! (And on the Internet as a meme, the one that killed BioWare).
Everyone at Bioware should get a framed picture of the above as a parting gift. Then, weeks later when their children are asking "Why do we live in our car, mommy?" They can look at the above and try to fathom how a collection of thousands, being paid ungodly sums of money over years and years believed people would pay them for that.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Last thing from the video: the interaction with Morrigan is dreadful. No option to ask and no mention of the hero of Ferelden, the blight, basically the events of Origins. Completely ignored.
I wish this game to fail like you wouldn't believe.

kapisi

Novice
Video with the leak and info:

Take all of this with a huge grain of salt.
But still, pretty funny and if it's true, there'll be quite the trainwreck.

Not gonna watch 30 minutes of some e-whore with a "QUEEN" choker. Recap was more than enough. Hopefully things are as bad for Bioware as this leak claims.

Irony is a thing, and the girl's been tearing veilguard a new asshole for some time.

Nuhre has played at least some of the more popular rpgs and doesn't hold back on nasty words. This is actually healthy content in todays environment.

So take it easy with extrapolations, she'd be right at home here. The rants are long, but she can string together ideas and arguments better than most ranters:

Lodis

Educated
These “leaks” just make it seem like generic modern slop that will be forgotten in a month. None of it really screams THE END OF BIOWARE to me.

I was expecting purple glowing trannies or something

Castozor

Augur
Derp Roads was bad enough but at least it was regular gameplay, Fade was a nice gimmick that dragged on too long for it's own good and just felt worse and worse with every playtrough. I'm sort of replaying Origins now and just finished the Fade. Even after a 10 year or so hiatus from my last playtrough I still felt instantly fatigued when I had to do it. We'll see how I feel when and if I hit the DR again.

kapisi

Novice
There is a mod to skip the Fade. There isn't one for the DR. Besides, I like the DR a lot more. The fade, not so much. Going through it once or twice is more than enough for me.
Here at Bioware we always listen to our players. We know some of you used unofficial tools to skip a somewhat less engaging section of Origins.

We take that feedback to heart and we understand. After all, many of our players are adults with families and responsibilities; not everyone has the time to replay the more taxing sections of the game.

Here at EA and Bioware accessibility and player satisfaction are the cornerstones of development. With that in mind, Dragon Age™: The Veilguard has an integrated option to skip dying in combat when you press wrong buttons on the gamepad with your fat long-nailed fingers and manage to repeatedly wipe on baby difficulty.

We hope you look forward to this new way of experiencing no stakes gameplay. The wait is almost over!

Old Hans

Arcane
Derp Roads was bad enough but at least it was regular gameplay, Fade was a nice gimmick that dragged on too long for it's own good and just felt worse and worse with every playtrough. I'm sort of replaying Origins now and just finished the Fade. Even after a 10 year or so hiatus from my last playtrough I still felt instantly fatigued when I had to do it. We'll see how I feel when and if I hit the DR again.
what makes the fade suck on following playthroughs is that once you're inside, you cant leave. At least with the deep roads you can just leave and go do something else

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom