Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Is this where we pretend games media and all their sycophants don't coordinate to push what they want?
There is a "gaming journalists" discord, and they talk to each other. I am sure they influence each other's opinions, and that there is a gaming journy culture of concensus. Its not a grand design though, its just tribalism. They've formed a tribe of creed and a subculture, and their subculture is monopolizing gaming media. This is a natural process. See also: the subculture of concensus in this forum, and how predictable it is what the Codex will think about this or that issue, and what ratings my posts here will recieve.

I didn't say it would be effective only that it's going to happen.
I'm just saying there isn't a big money push behind this game. The money seems to think it will fail, and isn't backing it up too hard.

Rieser

Scholar

Fuck, is anything in this game not purple? Even the freaking achievement icons are purple (all of them).

I used to like color purple, but rainbow freaks have ruined it for me.
it is seriously out of hand. this is what happens when you dont have artists that understand the color wheel, and they are also mentally ill
I asked the art director of the game, Matt Rhodes, about that specifically. His answer boiled down to "it looked nice", and he then said the UI team had done "an amazing job at expanding it throughout and finding things that tie it together". So I guess the artists where basically told to make it more purple.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
VTMB2, DAV, Avowed.
What a time to be alive.
mass defects.JPG

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
@Infinitron @Twiglard Why doesn't Codex have a built in feature to share Webms directly? 4chan, a few years ago, recently implemented that feature to just drag and drop a webm and it makes it so much easier to upload webms. Using a third party is just clunky for me.
Nigger, just do [webm]URL[/webm]. And yes, it works with other container formats than just webm.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 included in the same list as DA: Veilguard, Avowed, and VtM:B 2. :rpgcodex:
After the reveal that it will use denuvo, I can see it. Even if the game isn't a disaster, I refuse to buy anything that uses denuvo. Actually, I refuse to buy any game from a studio/publisher that used it in the past, because I don't want to support them if they treat their customers like that. Unfortunately that's a very uncommon stance.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I don't understand why Gaider is choosing to die on the hill of defending Veilguard, lots of people who are criticizing how this game looks loved the earlier Dragon Age games, even Inquisition, and if Veilguard goes tits up it looks great for him since it'll seem like he was the one holding it all together until he left. Even he said that Bioware didn't treat their writers very well when he was there (and then fired a bunch of senior writers after he left), he has no reason to be loyal to them now that they're going to run roughshod over something that he helped create.

I don't understand why Gaider is choosing to die on the hill of defending Veilguard, lots of people who are criticizing how this game looks loved the earlier Dragon Age games, even Inquisition, and if Veilguard goes tits up it looks great for him since it'll seem like he was the one holding it all together until he left. Even he said that Bioware didn't treat their writers very well when he was there (and then fired a bunch of senior writers after he left), he has no reason to be loyal to them now that they're going to run roughshod over something that he helped create.
Dragon Age is the only point of relevance he has left. Without it he's nothing.

That was the point all along. Also, believe it or not, Bioware is supposed to be the company making "smart", "intelligent" games for EA. Just so they can have something else in their domestic catalogue other than FC and Sims.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Bioware brings in the DEI $$$.
Wasn't the only big fund buying stock in exchange for DEI goals (in order to compensate for owning stocks in Saudi Arabia and Russia, btw) straihgt up say this is now over and they won't pursue the strategy?
Not sure this inorganic DEI bucks thing exists at all today, its mostly ground-up driven by the employees of the company, and not by activist investors.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Bioware brings in the DEI $$$.
Wasn't the only big fund buying stock in exchange for DEI goals (in order to compensate for owning stocks in Saudi Arabia and Russia, btw) straihgt up say this is now over and they won't pursue the strategy?
Not sure this inorganic DEI bucks thing exists at all today, its mostly ground-up driven by the employees of the company, and not by activist investors.
That is what they say. But if you believe that soros' company will desist from that woke shit, I've got a gold bridge to sell you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom