Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Kitchen Utensil

Indeed, you are the retard focusing on the boob slider while ignoring all other points I made.
And there still won't be a boob slider in a potential sequel.

But I don't even care. You retards can be hyped all you want and gobble up the dumbed down then current-year bullshit the industry keeps throwing your way, as much of the Codex does anyway. New stuff is getting so bad that playing obscure PS1-era titles is more appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I killed Grigori for the first time. Valmiro was my beloved somehow. I didn't even give him any gifts!

tAMiWdM.png

Granted I really didn't try to woo anybody, and the cutoff point for when the beloved was chosen was a lot sooner than I was expecting. The main campaign was a lot shorter than I thought it'd be. Not that there's not plenty of game to be had, given I'm only around level 50 or so and I know the cap is 200.

Inadvertently started New Game+ after playing a little bit of Everfall and not finding any interesting loot. The plot becomes pretty interesting at the end there, I wasn't expecting to be hit with a twist in the post-game.

Now I'm wondering if the 'optimal' way of doing things would be to hit up BBI (which I haven't touched yet, outside of cheating for Rings of Preservation which I didn't need), get some nice gear to be Dragonforged and then fight Grigori. I'm assuming dragonforging equipment is somewhat costly to do by normal means.

I have about 40k RC at the moment... I'm guessing that's not enough to bankroll what I'll need in the future. Guess I'll need to start advertising my pawn a bit online.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Now I'm wondering if the 'optimal' way of doing things would be to hit up BBI (which I haven't touched yet, outside of cheating for Rings of Preservation which I didn't need), get some nice gear to be Dragonforged and then fight Grigori. I'm assuming dragonforging equipment is somewhat costly to do by normal means.
The easiest way to Dragonforge equipment is to fight Cursed Dragons, which have a chance of Dragonforging ranging from 40% for an unenhanced item to 75% for a triple-star item, and these can be summoned in Bitterblack Isle's Duskmoon Tower (where Barroch makes his initial appearance) by placing a Rancid Bait Meat. By quickly exiting and re-entering after defeating a Cursed Dragon, it is possible to spawn additional dragons without placing another item. However, there's no particular need for Dragonforged equipment until the boss fight in the second of Bitterblack Isle's three main divisions.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The intro from the upcoming anime. Music by Tadayoshi Makino, same composer of the game's soundtrack

Anonona

Learned
it's a different cycles. DD's world is endless cycles of cycles

Not only cycles, but also infinite worlds with infinite Arisen and Dragons, all connected through the Everfall. So the events of the animated series can take place without contradicting the events of the game, depending on what cycle and world the chose to portray.

More #FakeNews from some ex-mod of RetardEra I think

Not necessarily. His leaks regarding Resident Evil have been spot on since pre-RE7.

Yeah, Dusk Golem/AestheticGamer definitely has inside knowledge on some Capcom stuff given everything he leaked about Resident Evil. He was maybe the biggest source for all that Resident Evil Village information that came out ahead of the trailer.

Although that doesn't necessarily point to a new Dragon's Dogma either. I'd assume it is because a new Dragon's Dogma coming out after a new Netflix show would seem like a good thing for Capcom. But it could also be something like a open world 3D fighting game and beat em up combination too. Him just not coming up and say it's the thing everyone basically expects it to be makes me wonder if maybe it's something unexpected.

I'm watching it right now and it seems good. It basically seems to a be stealth adaptation of Berserk, (which is fitting) not one-to-one, but episodes two and three remind me of stuff from Berserk in one way or another. Not that what's happening in episode 2 is something you probably having seen a million times before. But the execution on what it's doing is done well.

If this anime is any kind of indication of what a future game is allowed to get away with fork's little rants will be even funnier.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I watched the first episode. It wasn't great, but I will more episodes when I am bored, or while I am eating. My biggest dislike is how it looks. The Castlevania anime isn't great, but at least it looks good.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so now we can finally confirm that we all know all along that netflix DD anime is shit, are we gonna still get DD2?

:(

the nightmare scenario fulfilled itself

If he's saying in a roundabout way it's Dragon's Dogma 2 that's good to hear. Because Itsuno said a few different things he wanted to do while making the rounds for DMC5, so it was always possible it could be something else, even with the looming DD anime making it seem unlikely. Especially since there's part of his original Dragon's Dogma team that kept working on the series without him for Dark Arisen and Online, and Online just ended last year.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1st day of TGS, nothing about this game

let's do a countdown into despair as we watch the conference unfold without the sequel's presence yet again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
There will be Capcom event in today's TGS livestream. But I doubt they will have another announcement when they already have two big games (RE8 and Monster Hunter Rise) to show.

(Also even if there is DD2 in development I would guess it's too early to announce anyway.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom