Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
at least a teaser trailer even shitty CG trailer is fine as long as i know it exist :(

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well maybe they learned a lesson from Deep Down. (Or not, looking at how they released a trailer for 2022 game Pragmata.)

There will be Capcom event in today's TGS livestream. But I doubt they will have another announcement when they already have two big games (RE8 and Monster Hunter Rise) to show.

(Also even if there is DD2 in development I would guess it's too early to announce anyway.)

There should be somethings like a year and a half, give or take, (although I'm sure some of that was slow going with everything going on) of development on what Itsuno is doing by now. I think that may be around where they were when they were originally going to show off DMC5, before the reveal got pushed back into the next year.

They do have like five games we know about, I think, to show off; but they may want to announce some stuff there too.

sullynathan

Arcane
The anime makes dragons dogma to be so generic

I didn't like the fact that the Pawn had almost no personality whereas my Pawn has plenty of personality in game, as do other people's Pawns.
They were trying to pull the games ending with the pawn gaining humanity/personality as the MC lost his, but it just made the MC a generic angry anime protag.

lefthandblack

Arcane
I didn't like the fact that the Pawn had almost no personality whereas my Pawn has plenty of personality in game, as do other people's Pawns.

All that they had to do was make the pawn a Loli and have the pawn say, "Be careful Arisen! Wolves hunt in packs!" When I saw the episode with the wolves in it, I was like, "Come on! Say it! Say it! Say it!"

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

All that they had to do was make the pawn a Loli and have the pawn say, "Be careful Arisen! Wolves hunt in packs!" When I saw the episode with the wolves in it, I was like, "Come on! Say it! Say it! Say it!"

It bears the head of a cock!

sser

Arcane
Developer
The show's tone seems completely mismatched with the tone of the game. I have a hunch that it wasn't originally a Dragon's Dogma project, but evolved into it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So, how different is this thing from le Dark Souls? Seems similar but completely different. Is it gud? Is it le totally hard too?

Kitchen Utensil

It's pretty different, but still very good.
It's easier, stats and gear are more important than skill (compared to Dark Souls, skill still somewhat relevant). You can adjust the difficulty either by chosing hard mode (not recommended, it's just hp and damage bloat, gives double xp and shitloads of money, which leads to you being overpowered even earlier than when playing normal difficulty) or by adjusting the number of pawns (basically party members) you take with you. Or you go to an endgame area right after starting the game... Combat is where the game shines (great monsters, very fun to play, customisbale classes), but the supporting systems are all really good. Great char creator, layered armor system, hundreds of skills, hundreds of items, great exploration, night that kinda matters etc. Also tone and atmosphere are really good imo.
It's one of the best games of all time (with a buttload of flaws) that takes some getting used to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitchen Utensil

Another thing to note is that it has a somewhat more conventional approach to story and quests than Dark Souls, i.e. quest givers with an exclamation mark above their heads, a quest compass, a couple of cinematics etc. It's great despite all that, but worth mentioning.

Black Angel

Arcane
I bought the game 4 times. Once on PS3, twice on PC (one copy for me, one copy for my brother), and just recently another copy on PS4. That's just how gud the game is. I keep daydreaming about it once in a while, even though the last time I played it was like 2014.

The fact that it's gaining traction on Youtube in recent weeks/months also doesn't help with my daydreaming about the game. Goddamn real life taking my time away from video games and shitposting on the Codex :argh::argh::argh::argh:

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
Any of you guys here had any experience with the MMO before it shut down? I kept hearing mixed opinions about it but i heard and seen enough things to keep me interested in it. Here are some videos that showcase its gameplay:

Sentinel

Arcane
sjm6fqbwb7061.png

Release schedule until 2024.

Dragon's Dogma 2 in April 2021-March 2022.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Can't wait to see the summoner class based on V from DMC5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom