Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Machocruz

Arcane
You never know with Capcom. One day they can be pearls, the next day the swine. The envy of the success of similar games from other companies is always an ever present danger, like nukes.

You never know with Capcom. One day they can be pearls, the next day the swine. The envy of the success of similar games from other companies is always an ever present danger, like nukes.

All the main Dragon's Dogma people are still there and presumably would be making this. Hideaki Itsuno, many of his leads designers, and the game's art director Hideaki Itsuno are all still at Capcom and the ones that weren't doing Dragon's Dogma Online just did Devil May Cry 5.

It's not like some situation where the original team isn't making it. If they were going to do something like that Dragon's Dogma 2 would've probably happened way earlier instead of them waiting on Itsuno.

Perkel

Arcane
Hope it has co-op. It would be nice to play with friend and each of us having its own pawn.

Hope it has co-op. It would be nice to play with friend and each of us having its own pawn.

I'd imagine it'll have the co-op they originally wanted to do in the first game. A variety of what they had planned for DD co-op seems to be the foundation of the co-op in Devil May Cry 5 where players drop in and out of each other's games at select points. If it's anything like what they originally had planned for the first game, you'll have some massive dungeon in Dragon's Dogma 2 that you can enter that ties together everyone playing the game. DMC5 would seem to indicate the nixed co-op of Dragon's Dogma was something Itsuno was still interested in, so it doesn't seem too crazy that it'll be in a DD2 barring cutbacks like the original game had.

Capcom has also found massive success with Monster Hunter in the meantime, and having multiplayer seems to be a big part of that, so that could go a ways with it making it in this time. Would be interesting to know how Dragon's Dogma Online did for Capcom.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Capcom announced bunch of stuff including re4 remake but still no dragon's dogma. We will get crappy re remake the next 10 years and remake remake of remake but there will still no dragons dogma

I wouldn't worry about an announcement.

EnXzU2HWEAELRNf.jpg

It's probably a good thing Dragon's Dogma 2 and Final Fantasy 16 weren't shown in the exact same show.

God damn, the 13th, hopefully they just reveal it as a thing during an earlier show, and then show off a deeper look at gameplay on the 13th. I figured they'd have their own thing given how much upcoming stuff they have to show off, (much of it probably coming next year) but when Street Fighter 6 and the Resident Evil 4 remake showed up in the PlayStation event I started thinking maybe that wouldn't happen.

Jormundgander

Novice
Last edited:

Jormundgander

Novice
I am being overtly negative only so i don't get hurt.

Aka it's not fucking happening. Deal with it

You could be right... Worst case scenario we will have to wait until TGS 2022 for an official announcement

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom