Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

SumDrunkGuy

Arcane
Shitposter
I hate to say it but Crapcom is our last hope. From Software has gone full mainstream. The future of aRPGs now rests solely on the shoulder of Dragon's Dogma 2.

tenor.gif

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Does the game-plus mode upscale Bitterblack Isle or can you jump right into it without extra-leveling? I thought the game would continue so one can do the dlc after everything else, but the game got me again by surprise with its suicide pact pawn-gender-bender ending. I guess it couldn't overcome its Japanese origins after all.

Anonona

Learned
When the game was released, there was no Hard Mode. It was later added as a way for player that had already beaten the game to have a modicum of challenge in the overworld again, which I don't think it did a good job at, but at least it practically erased the need to grind for money to upgrade high level gear.

NG+ doesn't increase the difficulty of the game nor introduces any significant change for the most part, except for a very peculiar one.

The final boss of the game changes depending on whether you are playing the game online or offline. If you are playing offline, you face your character and pawn from the previous run, if online you face the pawn and arisen of another player that had beaten the game recently

So no worries, you can go to Bitterblack Isle as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
still nothing from capcom, copium supply depleting

codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png

codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png

codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png

codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png
codex_copium.png

saving the rest of my supply for E3 2022 no show from capcom, instead we will just have more crappy resident evil remakes or whatever.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh no, not E3, that's terrible...!

"People" are going to play their garbage regardless, and E3 is nothing more than a giant advertising booth (filled with fake ads, no less—dressed-up fantasy versions of the final product, console releases running on hidden PCs, etc.), so really there's no reason for them to waste their own nor anyone else's time or money. >95% of the marketing and hype are generated elsewhere.

They'll probably do it during the E3 timeframe when everyone else is also showing stuff off. There not being an E3 in 2020 didn't stop there from basically being an E3 that year at the same time anyways.

They'll probably announce DD2 in June, along with showing off more Street Fighter 6, that Pragmata game, and Exoprimal. From that leak list of games Dragon's Dogma 2 was originally set to come out around the same time as Street Fighter 6, (actually before it) and that got an official announcement from Capcom during a Capcom fighting game event a few months ago. Based on that leak list Capcom has a lot of stuff they could be showing off in June. If it doesn't come in June, then you'll probably have to wait for the Game Awards at the end of the year. Capcom did already announced there was more Street Fighter 6 news coming this summer, which I'm going to assume means they're showing more stuff off around E3 time next month.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Capcom celebrates 10th anniversary with a new website: https://www.dragonsdogma.com/

DD 10th Anniversary Message

Dragon's Dogma, first released in 2012, is celebrating its 10th anniversary!
Thank you, Arisen, for taking up arms and braving through the impossible challenges laid ahead of you. We are forever grateful for your support throughout the years and hope you will join us in this momentous celebration of Dragon's Dogma!

Japanese version of the message suggests little bit more about the future.

mediocrepoet

En français: poètemédiocre!
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, they're doing an awful lot to put this IP back into people's consciousness if they're not working on a sequel or reboot or something.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
It's gonna be Dragon's Dogma RE:Remaster for PS5/XOne and you're gonna have to buy a new copy for steam/ pc.

Or maybe more shitty anime

It's not coming boys

mediocrepoet

Patron
It's gonna be Dragon's Dogma RE:Remaster for PS5/XOne and you're gonna have to buy a new copy for steam/ pc.

This has definitely occurred to me. I don't think that would be a terrible development, tbh. No more shitty cartoons though. lol

A Dragon's Dogma 2 being something they have in the pipeline was leaked. And it wasn't leaked like, random Redditor says thing that most likely are untrue. Capcom got hacked, they were extorted, they didn't pay, and the next few years of what they have planned was leaked on the Internet. It was originally (pre-Covid) set to come out around the same time as Street Fighter 6 this year. They just revealed Street Fighter 6 not too long ago, they also revealed some other stuff from the leak list recently too. We've basically officially unofficially known Dragon's Dogma 2 is a thing for over a year now. You just have to wait for one of the big announcing even times for it to be revealed, which is June and December. I'm a little surprised there wasn't a tease at the Game Awards last year, but next month seems like a pretty safe bet from them to show something off.

Capcom has just recently talked about revisit out IPs. Well, guess what? That leak also had a number of old IPs on it too.

If they were just doing a remaster that likely would've come out a long time ago. It is kind of surprising they never did do a remaster given they could've brought the game up to date and made it look as good as Monster Hunter: World does.

deuxhero

Arcane
It was originally (pre-Covid) set to come out around the same time as Street Fighter 6 this year. They just revealed Street Fighter 6 not too long ago

Before actually. SF6 was listed as Q3 2022, while DD2 was Q2 2022. So far we've seen two quarters of delays for the games listed.

Andnjord

Arcane
...Ehm...so I just noticed this game is on PC while I thought it was a PS exclusive. Did it get ported later to PC or did I have another Sekiro moment?

mediocrepoet

Patron
...Ehm...so I just noticed this game is on PC while I thought it was a PS exclusive. Did it get ported later to PC or did I have another Sekiro moment?

It got ported later, but it's been on PC for years. I've bought this stupid thing like 5 times now because it's shown up on everything.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's not much of a port unfortunately, they barely changed the UI and you're forced to go through a series of button mashing just to equip an item.

Great game apart from the horrid interface though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom