Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fighting monsters with steel and magick is cool.
Fighting them with fists is weebish decline.
you can't realistically fight a 15 meters lizard with a sword. doesn't change anything if they add monk/unarmed class
You sever their tails, that cuts them down by at least 10 meters.
Also unarmed is fine, when I get overlevelled in the Gransys area I go full Yakuza on the bandits.

Grimlorn

Arcane
They could keep all the same classes and it would be fine, maybe add a couple new skills/spells to each class and it would be fine. I can't recall if the L2 R2 buttons did anything on controller, but figuring out a way to have access to more abilities would be nice. They need to focus on world building and monster diversity/uniqueness first of all, then questing second of all. Not a new monk class that doesn't fit a medieval, sword and sorcery setting.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Monk class for the sequel confirmed?

So we don´t get a cool monk because balance in SP. Just reduce his money drops!

A Ryu type character with greatly animated punch combos, moves like the Shoryuken to knock down aerial enemies and destroy dragon hearts, a Hadouken as ranged attack and hurricane kick to close gap and stomping enemies into walls for increased damage and juggles will be SICK.

PD: and parries of course.

Grimlorn

Arcane
So we don´t get a cool monk because balance in SP. Just reduce his money drops!
This doesn't really make sense though. They would have to add gauntlets or something to be equipped with the way the stat system worked. Since you gained most of your attack power through weapons and levels ups added flat stats each level. Money also wasn't a big deal in the game either, you spent most of the game locked out of weapons until you hit certain points in the main quest. With some of those DLC items they added you started out with plenty of gold as well. Would have made more sense to say they just simply couldn't get to it because the other classes were more important. Plus the whole class theme of a balance between 1 or 2 elements within the circle/wheel.

gaussgunner

Arcane
2X Bloody Knuckles = 4X damage :lol:

They could keep all the same classes and it would be fine, maybe add a couple new skills/spells to each class and it would be fine. I can't recall if the L2 R2 buttons did anything on controller, but figuring out a way to have access to more abilities would be nice. They need to focus on world building and monster diversity/uniqueness first of all, then questing second of all. Not a new monk class that doesn't fit a medieval, sword and sorcery setting.
Yeah, I'd rather they made it more of an RPG with no vocation switching, only 3 classes, no weapon restrictions, skills for each weapon type, various synergies and tradeoffs.

And you should be able to customize all your pawns, and play as them...

SumDrunkGuy

I'm considering buying this on switch. It's only 9 bucks. I already own it on ps4 but... can you ever truly own too many copies of Dragon's Dogma?

SumDrunkGuy

Does anyone know if the Switch version has the framerate issues that DD had on ps3 and xbox 360 or is it closer to the last gen consoles? I remember the framerate was atrocious on ps3.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does anyone know if the Switch version has the framerate issues that DD had on ps3 and xbox 360 or is it closer to the last gen consoles? I remember the framerate was atrocious on ps3.
I haven't finished it on Switch but my experience with it is that if you load it into the internal storage, it runs fine. If you put it on an SD card, it hitches a bit sometimes when you're looking around in the open world.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I guess you get only the pre-select game mooks esp if offline (which I would be selecting due to shit net).

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imo the online services of Dragon's Dogma are a mixed bag. On the one hand, other people's pawns will populate your rift and the world which is kind of cool. On the other hand, you end up with a lot of loli-things, and people in the princess dress, etc.

The other thing borked online will do is lock you out of the community Ur-Dragon, but that's not that big of a deal since you can fight it offline if you want to experience it anyway and if you find it to be too much of a pain in the ass to bother to kill on your own, you're not missing out since BBI gear is better. I think some people even prefer the offline Ur-Dragon just because of the idiosyncrasies of the online fight (potentially fighting the same one over days, having to look back to see if it finally died to get loot, etc.).

Reinhardt

Arcane
One thing I hate about this game is the need to beg people online for rift crystals. I'd be very much obliged if a kind soul could rent my pawn on Steam, he is a Sorcerer level 56 named Menelkir, Arisen named Daedolon. I think that's all the information I need to give?
stopped reading at "he"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom