Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
I love when I encounter flying enemies and I'm on Warrior vacation, I get to try and make use of the throwable things and see what funky stuff those pawns come up with.
I started carrying a lot more throwblasts and poison/oil/water bottle depending on what skills the mage/sorcerer pawn has, I'm sure that at some point I'll get bored of this game. One day.

Amn Nom

Learned
Game is apparently in beta and there is some footage:

If this doesn't come over I'm going to kill someone.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Worse, they're going to release it worldwide but only with those horrible Japanese voiceovers. "Sei! Dorya!" 'till you want to kill yourself.

Delterius

Arcane
Now that I've convinced myself that this might not be a total disaster:

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2015-06-19/dragons_dogma_online_may_be_launching_globally.shtml

: Dragon's Dogma Online was registered in New Zeland -- Western release not entirely conditional on domestic success? Translations in the works? Who knows?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/04/04/dragons-dogma-online-classes-trailer/

: Six classes so far. Namely Fighter / 'Shield Sage' (tanky MK) / Hunter (ranged Strider) / Priest (Mage) / Sorcerer / Seeker (Melee Strider with grappling hooks). Steparu's review later on mentions elemental archers and two handed warriors.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-s-dogma-online-ps4-is-1080p-60fps-cross-pla/1100-6426429/

: PS3, PS4 and PC versions all play on the same servers.

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/dragons-dogma-online-free-play-title-ps4-ps3-pc

: Player parties are 4-mans. You may solo the game with 3 AI pawns.

: Class system remains vocation based. Meaning you can change your class whenever you like. Whether planning stat growths is still a thing isn't clear.

http://steparu.com/reviews/mmorpg/1801-dragon-s-dogma-online-review-of-closed-beta

: There is now a crafting system, which is important to the gameplay since, according to the devs, you may only obtain the most powerful items by using it.

: Cash shop currently sells cosmetic and overpowered items, but the game's content doesn't seem to require said level of power for progression.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
I hate when games have damage numbers on screen. It was hard finding a decent Diablo 3 video because everyone had them on, making the game look even more gaudy than it is. It's one of the few times I complain about immersion.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It seems that the bosses have absolutely no strategy to counter rangers/hunters.

Delterius

Arcane
no sorcerers = fuck off.
Sorcerers are included.
Dragons-Dogma-Online-Sorcerer-screenshot-1.jpg

Sorcerer – The standard “glass cannon”, the basic role is similar to that found in most games – deal damage and more damage. Controlling various elements, the Sorcerer can dish out serious damage to enemies. However, party members must protect the Sorcerer, as apparently spells will have a cast time, some dangerously long which will deem the character immobile during the chant period.

And it seems their spells won't be downsized for the MMO.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think this game would just make me want a Dragon's Dogma 2.

I'd still play if we set up a Codex guild or smth.

Delterius

Arcane
For reference.

According to devs, you should expect only a fraction of characters to be displayed in a very small radius around the character. Of course, that's on top of the lower resolution and framerate.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Well at least we are going to be able to play the original on a emulator in a couple of years,and its a shame they ip banned westerners from playing this game(even though its a easy fix).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And if you want to play the Japanese version, it seems that you need a VPN.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom