Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Delterius

Arcane
I agree with most you say, Warriors do feel like one trick ponies often, but when it comes to Harpies and such a Warrior with max reach (height) and their two handed blows can easily take everything down.

What two handed blows are you referring to? I can't remember the Warrior having any vertical reach on his attacks, most of them being a stab or something similar to a horizontal sweep. Been a while since I played though.
Jump Attack, meaning Heavy Attack while in midair. But you can often hit harpies with a large horizontal sweep too.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Jump Attack, meaning Heavy Attack while in midair. But you can often hit harpies with a large horizontal sweep too.

Yeah, that's what I meant with the entire jumping around bit.
Most classes can either resort to ranged combat or use a skill for that. I recall having to fight some kind of siren looking things on a narrow walkway in BBI, and that shit was pretty damn finicky to do without plunging to your death. Found myself in a lot of situations where I was kinda just running around while my pawns took care of the airborne enemies simply because it wasn't worth the risk to bother.
First mod I'll look for once the game is out is one that gives the warrior 6 skill slots, right after the mandatory texture pack.

Delterius

Arcane
The thing is that just jump attacking as a warrior is sufficient, the reach of two handed weapons is a class feature and ability all of its own. Especially if you are at max height yourself.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Kreygasm.png

Puukko

Arcane
:bounce:
Not sure how I want to go about this. Ended up as Sorcerer in BBI on my first playthrough so it's either MK or Assassin this time around.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I just want this mofo to run in my GTX450m. It's an Xbawks game, no excuse not to ;__;

GrainWetski

Arcane
I just want this mofo to run in my GTX450m. It's an Xbawks game, no excuse not to ;__;

The recommended for 720p was like an 8800. You should be fine as it doesn't seem like it has bloated requirements just to sell the newest hardware.

polo

Magister
Does this have a price tag yet? Around 20 maybe? Or more like 40?

polo

Magister
Kind of expensive for an almost 4yo game.
Will probably buy anyways.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Only crazy people are using laptops for gaming. You'd break keys in any more serious action game.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
450M is SLOW GFX card.
Yes but it came attached to a 2012 i7, 8Gb ram and 256GB SSD laptop and it cost me 1€. I won't complain.
My brother played All the AC games up to Unity on an imac 2011 so I don't see why this wouldn't run on that machine.

Only crazy people are using laptops for gaming. You'd break keys in any more serious action game.
Wut? Are you an ape?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Dragon Quest heroes is going to be on my computer in about an hour. Should tide me over for a while in the "beat the shit out of giant monsters" department I think.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Really wish they added multiple save slots this time, there is zero reason to restrict a player to one character. Especially in a game that's pretty build-heavy and has some c&c or points of no return. I remember having to make multiple user accounts on my PS3 because of this.
That aside, the port is looking very good.

Damned Registrations

Well, the c&c is probably precisely why they had only one slot. Though in that case they should have made it autosave more often; save scumming still lets you rake in a lot of advantages. Game would be much, much better in ironman mode akin to the souls series.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
I should've probably said character slots instead. Just have multiple character slots that get one save slot each. There, save scumming avoided.
NG+ is there to remedy missing out on quests or wanting to try different choices, but if you were to try, say, a sorcerer after playing physical based vocations for the entirety of your previous game you're going to do fuckall damage due to stat growth.

Damned Registrations

I should've probably said character slots instead. Just have multiple character slots that get one save slot each. There, save scumming avoided.
NG+ is there to remedy missing out on quests or wanting to try different choices, but if you were to try, say, a sorcerer after playing physical based vocations for the entirety of your previous game you're going to do fuckall damage due to stat growth.
Actually, amusingly, a lot of the sorceror skills do physical damage as well (it's why it's on their weapons) so it wouldn't really matter except for the lightning spells and I think maelstrom. In fact, the weak ass physical damage is one of the reasons they get gimped so badly in BBI despite having crazy buffs overall with the expansion. Split weapons/skills are pretty garbage in BBI due to some weird mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom