Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

GrainWetski

Arcane
Some really high quality gameplay from a Capcom community manager.

Since one of the outlets already released a similar 4K footage, here's a clean, hudless, 50Mb/s high bitrate footage for you to enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#F!6lECWbAY!wouagJbXA10R3-z_8mbJTg

It's a bit over 5GB in size but should well worth the download ;-) It's one of the cleanest, smoothest footage you will ever find and it truly showcases the overall visual fidelity of the final game. Footage was captured on GTX 770 2GB vanilla card.

Note that the HDR setting is set to 'LOW' in this particular footage. LOW doesn't mean it's lower in quality however; it simply reduces the glow (or what you may call bloom) effect from light sources and overexposure coming off of godray lightshafts. It's more or less a preference thing.

There's also a 20 sec 120Mbps 4K 60fps sample clip in there, but I shall warn you that it will require one hefty GPU for smooth playback.

Enjoy!

-wbacon

EDIT: feel free to re-host the files as I'm not sure how accessible MEGA is for some users.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I used to feel embarrassed about the original opening theme as well. I'd mash my X button in hope that the faggy singer wouldn't start his wailing and that I may avoid the confused and frightened glares of those passing near. Certainly, many a time did their stares meet mine and, with my shame hanging heavily on my neck, did I bow my head in search of redemption.

But then they changed it and I sorta missed it being there, so I listen to it every now and then.

Perkel

Arcane
I used to feel embarrassed about the original opening theme as well. I'd mash my X button in hope that the faggy singer wouldn't start his wailing and that I may avoid the confused and frightened glares of those passing near. Certainly, many a time did their stares meet mine and, with my shame hanging heavily on my neck, did I bow my head in search of redemption.

But then they changed it and I sorta missed it being there, so I listen to it every now and then.

This is mee. Tacky shitty gibberish song with shity japanese accent. But after listening it so many times and finishing game they couldn't choose any other music for main theme.

One of those weird situation where something is so bad that it is soo good.

Moink

Cipher
I did an entire playthrough of DD just listening to engrish songs, it actually fits really well

sser

Arcane
Developer
Damn. I really do hope the PC port isn't garbage. This game was fun as fuck until my Xbox kicked the bucket (again).

Perkel

Arcane
Only real unknown is K+m support quality and if gameplay properly converts to it.

144hz support and up to 4k res with improved graphics over original game. Works also supposedly on toasters as it is MT Framework engine.

duanth123

Arcane
So is this like a better version of Skyrim? Looks pretty interesting. Would you guys say it's worth the day 1 price tag?
Thanks to its release date, Dragon's Dogma was frequently compared to both Skyrim and Dark Souls, but neither comparison is accurate, especially the former. Although initially intended to be an Open World game, this aspect was dropped during development

So wait, it's not open world? The screenshots and videos I saw suggested that it is and it has the open world tag on steam.

Nah, it is open world. Its not open in the sense of TES where you've got settlements and quests spread everywhere, its just a single main hub with lots of grass in between some quest objectives. There also isn't a lot of content outside of the main (and mostly linear) questline.

The thing is that you kinda get the sense that the original plans for the game were much bigger. If you look at developer interviews, it was intended as a Skyrim with actually good combat and only one third of the game world made its away in. Half way through the game, the King says something like 'all the roads are now open to you', even though they have been for 10 hours already. Etcetera.

Over the course of hours, you'll become intimately familiar with every inch of the map. Which is to say, the map is smaller than other open world games.

The entire map is hand-placed; no real cut and paste locations like Cave X, Y, and Z. However, it's really the combat that keeps the game fresh and the enemy composition that gives each locale a unique flavor.

Same with the DA expansion, although it benefited from certain randomized elements.

Also, Olga waifu is best waifu

Martius

Liturgist
Only real unknown is K+m support quality and if gameplay properly converts to it.

144hz support and up to 4k res with improved graphics over original game. Works also supposedly on toasters as it is MT Framework engine.
Well, DmCDMC port was done by same company. In my opinion M+K controls work much better than gamepad for this title so hopefully they will be able to make up something for Dragons Dogma too. It would be a shame to aim with analog stick.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I tried playing this on my busted up old PS3 recently. It was unbearable. Crappy framerate, low res, sluggish response times on the controls. The PC port can't come soon enough. Careful though, wolves are quite nimble.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The interesting stuff is they are offering it at quite low prices.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I have exactly been following the thread Raghar, but have you played the console version(s)? ~20FPS was the norm with FPS dropping to single digit or consoles locking up when some intense spellcasting was afoot. If PC version had consistent 30FPS it would've still been a step up.

Perkel

Arcane
I have exactly been following the thread Raghar, but have you played the console version(s)? ~20FPS was the norm with FPS dropping to single digit or consoles locking up when some intense spellcasting was afoot. If PC version had consistent 30FPS it would've still been a step up.

played ps3 framerate most of the time was good. But yes spells usually tanked framerate but i don't remember it tanking to single digits.

duanth123

Arcane

The new 60 fps looks amazing.

Although, I would almost suggest that those playing DD for the first time on PC run the game at 30, at least initially. There are key mechanics when it comes to bosses and even some common enemies that require performing certain actions within brief windows of time, all while the insanity of DD combat in going on around you.

I could see some new, inexperienced players experiencing frustration at the faster gameplay .

Perkel

Arcane

The new 60 fps looks amazing.

Although, I would almost suggest that those playing DD for the first time on PC run the game at 30, at least initially. There are key mechanics when it comes to bosses and even some common enemies that require performing certain actions within brief windows of time, all while the insanity of DD combat in going on around you.

I could see some new, inexperienced players experiencing frustration at the faster gameplay .

Do you have damaged brain ? 60 FPS doesn't change input controls, timers or anything of sort (at least in this case).
Also what 60fps ? This game is on MT Framework and it will run like butter.

144FPS at 4k baby if you don't have garbage for GPU.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Then new players might as well lock it at 15 FPS in fights for the real console experience.

I would suggest playing at whatever FPS you can achieve and never looking back. The low FPS was by far the biggest downfall of the console version.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
FPS wasn't that bad, it generally only dipped noticeably when you set off a ton of explosions at once (which was brief), or did some shennanigans with magick knight orbs (which was admittedly a cluster fuck of absysmal single digit fps until you stopped breaking the game).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Can you shut up your companions and disable the voiced text? seems annoying.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Can you shut up your companions and disable the voiced text? seems annoying.

QzuTd6Q.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I tried it until first village, but I played Dark Souls as well, and wanted to finish it. PS3 GFX looked worse than Risen, and I guess PC version would be much better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom