Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Blind niggers. It's probably the best looking open world game I ever seen.
It's definitely up there, but most screen shots and videos are going to be compressed and downscaled. Anyway, most people are just bitching to bitch at this point. Not much point in engaging with it unless you're just enjoying the contrarian Codexer life.

mediocrepoet

Patron
So one thing that grinds my gears is that I'm running a male Arisen and male pawn. I'd forgotten why I usually have at least one female in any detailed Japanese game. I remember now.

The best armour I have available to my Arisen at the moment are "Ranger's Tights" (think assless chaps -- actually, maybe more like a thong and boots) and a helm that looks like a gimp mask. It kind of cracks me up but is ultra gay. I kind of want to change my pawn to a thief just to outfit him in it and see if it increases his usage rate. :lol:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
and the latter game was playing on slideshow mode for the first months after release lol
Huh? Is your opinion based only on internet outrage? I played it fine on a i5 haswell with 1060 at release, 50-60 fps.
Funny
A friend of mine had an i5 6600k and a 1060 at the time and he could barely get constant 60fps on dungeons, on the open-world he had 20fps - with every setting on LOW
He told me this in May of 2022, 3 months after the game's release
I tried the game in July and I had similiar perfomance on my RX480 + i5 6500
Nevermind the fact I could get 40-50 fps on Cyberpunk's open world with a mix of Low and Medium settings
ER is a fucking PS4 game that's just one notch above Sekiro in visual fidelity (which itself is barely above DS3) and it couldn't be run by computer which are least 3x more powerful than a PS4
And on /v/ people were complaining for months for also being unable to run the game dencently and packing even newer cards

In short ER also had the same performance issues as this game, yet it didn't get half the shit DD2 is currently having
Why?
Because it Fromsoft, they get a pass

Last edited:

Renfri

Cipher
They seriously need to stop making random Pawns starting to talk to you so you recruit them.

Silverfish

Arbiter
A very innovative "Feature of starting a new game", lol. These guys are a joke

Starfield just came out last year, you can't expect every game to have similar features so soon.

I always find it interesting how the most vocal critics around here are the ones who haven't even played the game.

The majority of those who have have a positive or relatively balanced opinion on the game while the people who haven't are having some sort of shitposting and rating circle jerk.

Anyway, if you liked the first game and are letting yourself be swayed by garbage like this, you're missing out.

I genuinely want everyone playing DD2 to have a great time with it, but I'm not going to pass up incredibly fertile ground for shitposting for no reason.

Renfri

Cipher
Dvnf0hv.png

mediocrepoet

Patron
So one thing I noticed last night that is actually decline from DD1 (or at least if you could do this in DD1, I never noticed):

You can be killed, literally at 0 hp, as long as you haven't stopped moving (e.g. flying through the air or doing the collapse death animation), if you go to menu and suck back a bunch of apples or whatever healing shit you have, you'll be okay, effectively making you more or less immortal whether or not you're carrying wakestones.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Blind niggers. It's probably the best looking open world game I ever seen.
You need to play or look at Red Dead Redemption 2 lol. Or even Ghost of Tsushima. Dragon's Dogma 2 doesn't come anywhere close those two titles.

Aesthetic is completely different from Ghost (though yes, that is a good looking game). RDR2 goes between actual open world and main missions that make you fail because you chose to move down the wrong side of a river. Garbage.

Ravielsk

Magister
Honestly this game only further cements my belief that game pricing should follow an inverse curve to how its done currently. The games should be launched at 20$ or at most 30$ and gradually work their way up to 60$ with each patch/DLC. Because at this point the early adopters are just unpaid bug testers and the vanilla game is often times barely what would normally pass for early beta version if not a late alpha(not the case with Dragons Dogma as far as I can tell but in general). On top of that it is no longer uncommon for the community to have to roll out fixes and mods to fix performance or add features like PS controller icons or DLSS.

The full price is simply unjustifiable when I am essentially flipping a coin as to whether the game will be even be playable(or will be made playable later at some point in time).

Sweeper

Arcane
Honestly this game is just another reason why I think that game pricing should follow an inverse curve to how its done currently. The games should be launched at 20$ or at most 30$ and gradually work their way up to 60$ with each patch/DLC. Because at this point the early adopters are just unpaid bug testers and the vanilla game is often times barely what would normally pass for early beta version if not a late alpha(not the case with Dragons Dogma as far as I can tell but in general). On top of that it is no longer uncommon for the community to have to roll out fixes and mods to fix performance or add features like PS controller icons or DLSS.

The full price is simply unjustifiable when I am essentially flipping a coin as to whether the game will be even be playable(or will be made playable later at some point in time).
You shut your dumb newfag whore mouth.

m_s0

Arcane
Honestly this game only further cements my belief that game pricing should follow an inverse curve to how its done currently. The games should be launched at 20$ or at most 30$ and gradually work their way up to 60$ with each patch/DLC. Because at this point the early adopters are just unpaid bug testers and the vanilla game is often times barely what would normally pass for early beta version if not a late alpha(not the case with Dragons Dogma as far as I can tell but in general). On top of that it is no longer uncommon for the community to have to roll out fixes and mods to fix performance or add features like PS controller icons or DLSS.

You just described Early Access on Steam.

Ravielsk

Magister
You just described Early Access on Steam.
Well, yeah that is where the idea came from but that is currently almost entirely exclusive to PC indie titles and I am arguing that his should a universal standard for all games, especially AAA, regardless of platform.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom