Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Sentinel

Arcane
e46456b240573b87f04d8ad5ca380b04924219771ef5b8bd37a3c6dff31df13b.png
NEVER trust the japanese.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Mmmmh yeah, better wait the enchanted edition for some actual optimization and sorted dlc bullshit.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
R9 7900X3D
Geforce 4070TI

4k @ 60-80fps with High Settings and DLSS3 in the forest, and at the first village with "a lot" of NPCs. Game looks fucking gorgeous in the forest. There's definitely some micro stuttering going on sometimes.
Can you try with DLSS off? It's probably only hurting your FPS in this case (especially in the towns).
Now that I tested it a little bit, I can say that DLSS doesn't make much of a difference at all in my setup. DLSS with the "quality" preset gives you like 5-10% more performance, though its really not worth it, because you won't be able to target 100fps in this game anyway. I get constant 60fps in the cities though, which is awesome. No dips either besides micro stutters while the game is loading in assets or npcs right in front of you. I expected the game to run way worse on 4k, so I am fine with that. Even though the optimization is absolutely fucking ass.
If you get constant 60fps you might try driver-level frame generation to see if you can hit that 100fps barrier.
If you are talking about the DLSS 3 frame generation mod, it seems to crash the game for a lot of people.
AMD has a driver option for frame generation so I thought NVIDIA had something equivalent without needing a mod. That's what I was referring to.
Doesn't seem to be a thing for nvidia users.

The mod actually allows me to get 100fps in the game. But everything becomes pink. lol
Also, crashes on exit.

qUEEh3C.jpeg

Renfri

Cipher
After few hours, game is alright. City feels annoying with frame drops even with beefy PC, so I don't feel like going around finding secrets, at least for now. Jank is still there, if you were worried about missing it. My pawn jumped to her death following me, when I actually climbed down. Clearing caves and killing stuff is still fun like in first title.

6Vruyjf.png

ADL

Prophet
DLSS-FG->FSR3 Frame Generation mods appear to be blocked by Capcom's DRM. Will need to see whether or not the REngine framework modders can work around Enigma like they did in MHRise to get it working.

Dragon's Dogma 2 was marketed as a FSR3 title so frame generation should be coming to all eventually. Hopefully Capcom implements FSR 3.1 which separates the frame generation from upscaling so you can mix and match with whatever you want.

Carceri

Arcane
After few hours, game is alright. City feels annoying with frame drops even with beefy PC, so I don't feel like going around finding secrets, at least for now. Jank is still there, if you were worried about missing it. My pawn jumped to her death following me, when I actually climbed down. Clearing caves and killing stuff is still fun like in first title.
I see you are using the 'v' key for a skill. Are you playing with the default control scheme? Did you find it irritating?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
DLSS-FG->FSR3 Frame Generation mods appear to be blocked by Capcom's DRM. Will need to see whether or not the REngine framework modders can work around Enigma like they did in MHRise to get it working.

Dragon's Dogma 2 was marketed as a FSR3 title so frame generation should be coming to all eventually. Hopefully Capcom implements FSR 3.1 which separates the frame generation from upscaling so you can mix and match with whatever you want.
GOOD! Capcom doing God's work and making lying theiving PC niggers actually pay some money. This is what you get for all those games you pirated. No different than a pack of niggers in a shoe store.
e4220ec54efa2e63211c3901bdffc9ca.gif

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They are fucking retarded. How could they messed up so bad the launch of one of the most expected games of the year?

The controversy is too much though, is clear almost nobody played the DD1 on PS3. Thanks to all the vocal people loving that flawed game, became the cult classic with good port that all the Nu PC fans enjoy now.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Wait, this game uses the RE engine? The one that struggles with closed environments performance-wise? And they thought it was a good idea to use it in an open world?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Has anyone actually noticed that the "2" in Dragons Dogma 2 is missing in the title screen? It just says "Dragon's Dogma".

Can we expect an absolute kino moment where the 2 will appear eventually?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I know that is full of macrotransactions and denuvo.

But does have pronouns in character creation? How is the woke virus in this game? And performance?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I genuinely can't believe that you can only create 1 character, without having to pay for more.

That's fucking nuts.
It's so stupid ,even if they are evil, greedy bastards.
Not playing yet but AFAIK you don't need multiple chars since you can freely change class.

Plus they've just announced they'll implement the option to start a new game (for Steam versions only).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom