Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How annoying is the Dragonsplague?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Shrimp

Arbiter
Do the big creatures feel as spongey as in the first game?
Feels like it's the other way around in this game. You very quickly outscale/outgear the big creatures and reach the point where you take them down with ease.

Gerrard

Arcane
So what, you struggle to play this game below 70fps?

At the end of the day DD is a button masher, if you can't handle it at fucking 60fps then you are probs a retard
I never said I struggled, I said that the experience is not enjoyable

If you've never experienced combat-focused games above 120 FPS with a GSync monitor then you wouldn't know what you're missing

And it's worth pointing out that this is with a top of the line CPU, those with medium or low end rigs are suffering much worse than me

Point is, the performance is not a 'non-issue' as you claimed it is
He's not missing anything because >120Hz is a fucking meme. It needs to be put right next to HDR and 4K with upscaling as a tool to sell new hardware for morons.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So what, you struggle to play this game below 70fps?

At the end of the day DD is a button masher, if you can't handle it at fucking 60fps then you are probs a retard
I never said I struggled, I said that the experience is not enjoyable

If you've never experienced combat-focused games above 120 FPS with a GSync monitor then you wouldn't know what you're missing

And it's worth pointing out that this is with a top of the line CPU, those with medium or low end rigs are suffering much worse than me

Point is, the performance is not a 'non-issue' as you claimed it is
He's not missing anything because >120Hz is a fucking meme. It needs to be put right next to HDR and 4K with upscaling as a tool to sell new hardware for morons.
I have a 240hz GSync monitor and hardware that can hit that frame rate in many games and... pretty sure no one can tell if you turn off the fps indicator so long as your settings keep the frame rate stable and high enough. :lol:

Just be careful, Yoyo is pretty thin skinned and he'll just ignore all of you out of butthurt.

Edit: Too late. :lol:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
He's not missing anything because >120Hz is a fucking meme.
8kurhb.jpg

mediocrepoet

Patron
I really don't understand the map design.
Why are there THREE camp sites within sight of each other at times?

View attachment 48115
Capcom must have hired one of the level designers of Dark Souls III. :M
While funny, it's just another instance of FM being retarded and/or disingenuous, I think. Iirc, the fires are separated by an impassable body of water and a mountain range.

It's also in the very early parts of the game where there tend to be more rest areas. Some of the more remote areas are pretty inhospitable and require a journey to get to. cp. Your first "expedition" to Blue Moon Tower.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
>120Hz is a fucking meme.
If you're not playing anything more exciting than solitaire, then sure anything more than 120Hz is a waste of money
But if you're playing a fast paced competitive game, than 240Hz and 540Hz are a serious advantage

Basically nowadays you can't find a CS pro that isn't playing bellow 360Hz

It's a tremendous resource hog and expensive as shit
But the image quality is undeniable
For graphics whores, a good 4k screen is pure eyecandy, even more bland looking games are almost mesmerizing in a 4k 120+Hz OLED

mediocrepoet

Patron
>120Hz is a fucking meme.
If you're not playing anything more exciting than solitaire, then sure anything more than 120Hz is a waste of money
But if you're playing a fast paced competitive game, than 240Hz and 540Hz are a serious advantage

Basically nowadays you can't find a CS pro that isn't playing bellow 360Hz

It's a tremendous resource hog and expensive as shit
But the image quality is undeniable
For graphics whores, a good 4k screen is pure eyecandy, even more bland looking games are almost mesmerizing in a 4k 120+Hz OLED

Ok. I don't think that's the average use case, especially around here. And I don't think Yoyo is competitive at anything other than butthurt and autism.

Fink

Novice
big difference between CounterStrike pro and forum guy playing an easy SP game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom