Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy is Hellgate London + DX

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Sorry for necroing an old topic but was thinking of giving this game a go. I have the 1.37 version. Heard that the awkward translation makes things needlessly obscure but that there's a patch for it called the Text Revamp Mod, which is supposedly a better translation. Since I'm a newbie to the game would this be recommended over the vanilla experience? Thanks for any input.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Heard that the awkward translation makes things needlessly obscure

Nah. The awkward translation is an inseparable part of the whole package.

And besides, I seriously doubt whether this game would be any less strange even with a perfect translation.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Just look at modern english used in the internet and you get the answer.
Would say that EYE transtaltion is less painful to read than average posts on gaming forums like neoGAP

Raapys

Arcane
Still hoping for a properly done sequel to this awesome shit. So much potential. Gib.

Eyeball

Arcane
Sorry for necroing an old topic but was thinking of giving this game a go. I have the 1.37 version. Heard that the awkward translation makes things needlessly obscure but that there's a patch for it called the Text Revamp Mod, which is supposedly a better translation. Since I'm a newbie to the game would this be recommended over the vanilla experience? Thanks for any input.
Yes, absolutely. Do not listen to Darth, he sees the game as being some kind of performance art exhibition.

You still shouldn't expect the game's story to make much sense, particularly not the ending. It is "open to interpretation", which as we all know is nuspeak for "makes no fucking sense whatsoever."

Nice game, though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Do not listen to Darth, he sees the game as being some kind of performance art exhibition.

No, what I mean is that in a game that is so completely fucked up, the wacky translation where every character talks like a complete nutjob or a mysticool sensei only adds to the general atmosphere.

You still shouldn't expect the game's story to make much sense, particularly not the ending. It is "open to interpretation", which as we all know is nuspeak for "makes no fucking sense whatsoever."

Now that is true.

Particularly the sikrit true ending to end all endings (tm)(c)(r)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not a game where you care about the story, it's a game where you enjoy the atmosphere, shooting and various skills like psi powers and stuffies.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I had no problems with English text and, I'd suggest installing that version that allows multiple small clips per one slot.

Complaining about dialogues is like complaining about story in Zeno Clash. Yes we know Zeno Clash authors were on shrooms, and authors of this were in drunken stupor. But if you have problems with story, you should read some philosophic articles, you don't need to read actual books.

DefJam101

Arcane
I want EYE 2 now goddamnit

This game is like getting drunk and playing D&D with a bunch of drunk yakuza who don't know how to play D&D, only it's an FPS, they spiked your drink with acid, and you don't speak Japanese

Eyeball

Arcane
I thought the fucked-up Firaxian gibberish everybody in the game spoke added a great deal to the experience.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I thought the fucked-up Firaxian gibberish everybody in the game spoke added a great deal to the experience.
:bro: Can't brofist enough.

But, are you guys complaining about the textual translation ?? That's fucked up, I haven't seen anything wrong with the English version..

(Speech on the other hand.. is designed to be that deformed, since it takes place in the future and all.. )

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't see anything about that game in the review that's "inconvenient". The game is fun, it's worth it. Mandalore Gaming seems to love it.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
E.Y.E. is one of those games I get tempted to re-install now and then, because I remember the shootings being reasonably amusing, whist also having a metric shit-ton of WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON in it. It feels like the kind of game Prosper might make, except maybe not quite that bonkers. If you get it on Steam you can always just play experience it for 2 hours then refund it if you're still sane, or even carry on playing it if you're having a jolly old time.

Farewell into the night

This game makes me heavy inside my head. I don't know how to write it, but it's literally making me feel bad. Maybe this game is cursed or there is some occult thing going on.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I have about maybe 40 hours on this game total, never completed it though. I may one day. Mars always kinda pissed me off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom