Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

Bulba

Learned
has anyone ever tried casting polymorph into goblin on phoenix and then killing it? I just wonder if it resurrects afterwards

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
has anyone ever tried casting polymorph into goblin on phoenix and then killing it? I just wonder if it resurrects afterwards

No I never risked it. Polymorph seems like an extremely situational spell to master when you have one, maybe two available. But it BETTER stop him from resurrecting otherwise its useless.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
OK got my hands on several powerful spells in the campaign, including polymorph. Used it on vampire and worked perfectly, 10 hp goblin instead of a flying beast of destruction (on a mountain tho). Died easily. Didnt have enough free space to try it on a phoenix though since was in a two way war against other masters at the time and frankly losing my main army while assaulting cult of the phoenix didnt seem smart.

Also tried out word of ice which is a great disabling spell way better than relatively shitty word of power. Together with mass haste its easily one of the better level 3 spells.

I have a question for those of you playing campaign: is it possible to maintain good relations with other masters? My karma is currently "bloodthirsty" so understandably good masters hate my guts (too much reliance on summoning demons and "evil" but profitable choices in events) but evil masters dont seem to like me at all... Is it possible to ally with the faerie queen or the elf dude?

I have also tested invading another master with the help of one. Invaded that seer chick with the help of Beleth - he gave me some gems, built me a shrine of necromancy and gave 2-3 sorcerers. Was very useful since I got those very early (sorcerers as soon as I built fort). Overall not bad.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I dunno about the long term relations but I can say that it only took me ~4 shards to go from 'The Evil' to 'The Wise', which made the good masters pretty chummy. They were very long games where I was specifically trying to change my alignment though.

Amusingly, some evil options are only available to good rulers. Though I haven't tried it yet, 'Let the deadly ritual begin! (-40 gems)' sounds like some good entertainment value.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I dunno about the long term relations but I can say that it only took me ~4 shards to go from 'The Evil' to 'The Wise', which made the good masters pretty chummy. They were very long games where I was specifically trying to change my alignment though.

Amusingly, some evil options are only available to good rulers. Though I haven't tried it yet, 'Let the deadly ritual begin! (-40 gems)' sounds like some good entertainment value.

My personal favorite is the "steele for the dead" event. Robbing the tomb can give very big gold bonus and sweet items or unleash a horde of undead that can easily slaughter the population. Well such is life under evil masters...

BTW managed to find not only but TWO swords of insanity (two handed I think 11/5 and +5 berserk) in one shard without having a signle warrior or anybody who could use them. Heh.

Something has been happening that I'm concerned about. I played a couple more shards and it seems the enemy AI has been doing nothing the entire game. I play through, I don't meet them in the lands, I end up with a powerful hero, approach their base and they are sitting in their stronghold at low level and they just fall over when I attack because they've not been exploring.

Has anyone else had this problem? It must be something to do with the AI. I've adjusted the difficulty and it doesn't seem to improve anything. I made those minor tweaks mentioned earlier in the thread to speed up combat but I don't see how that would affect it. Problem is I can't quickly test anything because of their brilliant idea to have no save/load option or any ability to simply move across the world without first raising a high level hero (it's reasons like this why you don't force your dumb design decisions onto players, you give options instead)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well I has been invaded and lost because of three minotaurs. They are leveling up just fine.

Angthoron

Arcane
Something has been happening that I'm concerned about. I played a couple more shards and it seems the enemy AI has been doing nothing the entire game. I play through, I don't meet them in the lands, I end up with a powerful hero, approach their base and they are sitting in their stronghold at low level and they just fall over when I attack because they've not been exploring.

Has anyone else had this problem? It must be something to do with the AI. I've adjusted the difficulty and it doesn't seem to improve anything. I made those minor tweaks mentioned earlier in the thread to speed up combat but I don't see how that would affect it. Problem is I can't quickly test anything because of their brilliant idea to have no save/load option or any ability to simply move across the world without first raising a high level hero (it's reasons like this why you don't force your dumb design decisions onto players, you give options instead)
Hmm, can you recall what kind of (neutral) guards are found around their provinces? Could be that the AI can't beat them and thus can't afford to expand efficiently? This hasn't happened to me like ever, but I've been playing lame low difficulties so I guess it also makes it easier for AI to start out as well.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I can't imagine it being anything other than a bug unless the AI was trapped between sea and mountains with nowhere to expand but some fucking impossibly strong and useless (income wise) areas.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Being surrounded by swamps can have this effect but honestly I think its a bug. Especially since its usually me having problems expanding, not AI.

Emily

Arcane
I had that happen to me once, he had swamps all over, so i am guessing he couldn't expand. It was fairly early in campaign, i never had that problem since.

i wish i had that bug more often because the computer keeps rotflstomping my face even on beginner in campaign.
on the other hand, i can usually give him the same medicine in standard single player.

It hasn't been caused by swamp land as one of those levels had another realm lord and he had multiple territories (presumably he started the game with them? although they had no guards) and he still sat in the tower. I've lost interest in playing the game further until I can solve this issue

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't think it was for wining without, I would get strategist on all other shards as well.

Bulba

Learned
I don't think it was for wining without, I would get strategist on all other shards as well.
it's for not losing a single unit on the shard - real hard to get on larger shards and harder difficulties, impossible with an evil character

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
it's for not losing a single unit on the shard - real hard to get on larger shards and harder difficulties, impossible with an evil character
pretty sure it isn't, I had like half a dozen of those and I'm not exactly a great player

Bulba

Learned
pretty sure it isn't, I had like half a dozen of those and I'm not exactly a great player

Ohh I think got it confused with tactic medal, strategist one is for winning a shard without losing a battle

Bulba

Learned
It hasn't been caused by swamp land as one of those levels had another realm lord and he had multiple territories (presumably he started the game with them? although they had no guards) and he still sat in the tower. I've lost interest in playing the game further until I can solve this issue

so there is justice on this planet

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm on the shard with the third key of truth, does anyone here remember what was the name of the province where its located? Only know its supposed to be a swamp but since there is no journal in shard I cant check the name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom