Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

I'm barely bordering recommended specs and I've had zero issues running this at 60fps, high-very high settings. The anti cheat shit just might be a real culprit, so try disabling it if you're having shit performance:
1. Make a txt file named steam_appid and put it right alongside game's exe.
2. Edit it with notepad and input 1245620
3. Use the exe directly to run the game from now on.
4. ?????
5. Profit.

deem

Savant
Just started downloading the game. I'm going to work now, but coming back early today so this weekend it's Elden Ring time.

ADL

Prophet
Does the open world get any better? I've only explored it for an hour and a lot of the open spaces are just static empty spaces between the points of interest. You'd think with GRRM involved they could've done something interesting with factions warring to make the open world more interesting or something but now it's just Dark Souls 4 needlessly spread out.
if-you-see-this-image-while-scrolling-you-have-been-3783818.png

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Does the open world get any better? I've only explored it for an hour and a lot of the open spaces are just empty spaces between the points of interest.

There has been little time where I haven't been completely distracted and running off to explore. There's shit to find everywhere, optional boss fights popping up (that are also sensitive to the time of day it is), mini-bosses everywhere. There is a ton to explore.

Curratum

Reading this thread and seeing the Mixed 60% positive reviews on Steam over performance issues while waiting for my key to arrive like

:stunned:

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
A little over an hour in. Playing wretched is hard. My charac is an almond skinned wild haired crazy cave bitch tits from thy stone age. She raped Freed flintstone. For her crimes, she got sent to the lands between by that Magneto dude from xMen. I can't find any gear and get. This ain't DS3 with armor pAcks layn around every place. Run around naked all day. Killed a rat dude in cave took 8 tried but i escaped wolves with hair on me tits and bought first pair of chain pants from Santa. I put them on and quit. Will continue tomorrow. My sight is too blurry rightmow.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Seeing very mixed comments regarding performance. It certainly doesn't help that it's hard to discern which ones are written by people with genuine performance issues and those who haven't done any troubleshooting.
Some of the comments I saw mentioned the game tried to use their integrated graphics card instead and that some issues were fixed when they changed this. Others say that switching from fullscreen to borderless windowed fixed it for them.
It looks like everyone's mileage might vary, so I guess I'll have to try it myself. I hope the issues won't be too severe :negative:

Curratum

Seeing very mixed comments regarding performance. It certainly doesn't help that it's hard to discern which ones are written by people with genuine performance issues and those who haven't done any troubleshooting.
Some of the comments I saw mentioned the game tried to use their integrated graphics card instead and that some issues were fixed when they changed this. Others say that switching from fullscreen to borderless windowed fixed it for them.
It looks like everyone's mileage might vary, so I guess I'll have to try it myself. I hope the issues won't be too severe :negative:

That's what pisses me off too. I can't determine which complaints are legitimate and which are just people who spalled on the Maximum preset which gives zero fidelity improvement but causes massive performance issues, and then went online to complain.

The Decline

Arcane
I was expecting performance issues, but it runs really well on my laptop. 60fps at 1440p on High. I had it at maximum, but there was a noticeable fps drop when in heavily forested areas. There is a split second stutter every once in a while which I assume is the dx12 shader cache. I'm going to dick around with the settings and any tweaks I find when I have time.

Specs if anyone cares:

Ryzen 7 5800h
3070 mobile
32gb 3200mhz RAM
NVME SSD
Win 10 Pro

Gastrick

Cipher
That's pretty dumb that they made the game easy. You can tell that this won't be remembered a decade from now like the first Dark Souls is. Game of Thrones is quite a garbage tv series besides the first season. If that's the show/book they are adapting, then you already know that a large portion of this game is trash.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Just bought an entirely new PC for 2.3k just to play Elden Rang. Fuckin hell. Has an 3070 and a i7 12700KF, was thinking about getting a 3080 instead, but it would have cost 325 more and I only plan on playing at 1080p for the foreseeable future, so meh. 3070 version came with a CPU water cooler as well, so thats nice.

Jinn

Arcane
Someone want to (honestly) tell me when they've beaten Margit? Because I'm having a really hard time understanding where these "too EZ" claims are coming from. That's from someone who has played Demons Souls through Sekiro to completion in the Soulsborne catalogue, minus Bloodborne.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom